Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547006 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4531 on: September 23, 2015, 08:07:54 am »

I dont think the democratic party is willing to vote for someone who is against birth control.  The pope would need to run as a third party challenger.
Democratic party as in the establishment, the people who actually vote in primaries, the media, or some sort of combo?

Pretty liberal.  And besides, 90% of democrats favor birth control and how many things gets 90% of democrats to agree?.  Anti-abortion would be a stretch but maybe just barely possible.  Heck, I dont even know if the republicans could get an anti-contraception candidate nominated for president.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:11:02 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: September 23, 2015, 08:28:16 am »

Right now My top three GOP candidates are Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson wait, that guy's an idiot
Well I hate the rest of them so I'll just stick to Bush/Rubio
I really need to do more research on these candidates though
haveyoutriedkasich.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: September 23, 2015, 08:49:18 am »

I dont think the democratic party is willing to vote for someone who is against birth control.  The pope would need to run as a third party challenger.
Democratic party as in the establishment, the people who actually vote in primaries, the media, or some sort of combo?

Pretty liberal.  And besides, 90% of democrats favor birth control and how many things gets 90% of democrats to agree?.  Anti-abortion would be a stretch but maybe just barely possible.  Heck, I dont even know if the republicans could get an anti-contraception candidate nominated for president.
Its one issue though, but I reckon you could pull a buncha other reasons why he ain't getting in.  (And other legal issues too.)  The pope would be a different brand of Trump for one...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: September 23, 2015, 09:27:18 am »

I love how Nate Silver's political map of the republican candidates literally has Trump placed off the chart.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: September 23, 2015, 09:49:50 am »

I love how Nate Silver's political map of the republican candidates literally has Trump placed off the chart.

Link to it? I can't find it on the 538 site, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place (yes I'm looking in the politics section).

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: September 23, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »

This video is showcased on the front page of the Donald's website.

I want to say it's unbelievable, but...it isn't.

EDIT: It also appears that I have a fabulous new avatar. Also, yep, that's a real quote.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:20:08 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4538 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:03 pm »

This is how the world ends, this is how the world ends. Not with a bang, but with trump getting really popular with millennials by embracing his own punch-line status.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: September 23, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »

It worked for Shatner.  A shame he was technically born in Canada...President Kirk has a nice ring to it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: September 23, 2015, 02:43:09 pm »

Link to it? I can't find it on the 538 site, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place (yes I'm looking in the politics section).
Even Nate Silver's polisci cannot contain the Trump.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: September 23, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »

timeline of the popes visit so far
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/23/442798997/pope-francis-heads-to-white-house-for-meeting-with-obama

here's a video of him traveling in his popemobile down the mall. he seems really popular from all the cheering.
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328177-2/pope-francis-parade-ellipse&live

some pictures

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: September 23, 2015, 03:43:16 pm »

Two flags I'm not a fan of seeing together.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: September 23, 2015, 03:59:54 pm »

Quote from: Revelation 13:11-14
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:04:39 pm by penguinofhonor »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: September 23, 2015, 04:02:33 pm »

I felt sorry for the guy holding the Vatican flag as it kept bonking him. Also, is the vatican flag made of a lighter material than the US flag? Certainly looked like it.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1342