Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547801 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4485 on: September 21, 2015, 06:59:17 pm »

No, no. Bush getting elected would cause another major hurricane. The weather shifts from every school in the country spontaneously combusting would cause some serious storms. Also think of the wildfires, the damage to our infrastructure that would follow a bush election and subsequent educational immolation would be ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhY9Zxv1-oo
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: September 21, 2015, 07:07:13 pm »

I'll admit, now I have an image in my head of bush literally walking up to a school with a flamethrower and setting it on fire, screaming "Thanks Obama!" at the top of his lungs.

I'unno, maybe xenomorphs digested barack and there's little hussein facehuggers running around the place? Or at least bush is hallucinating that. There's got to be a picture somewhere of an Aliens franchise xenomorph with obama's head as their mouth-mouth thing...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: September 21, 2015, 07:22:59 pm »

Carly Fiorina was "caught in a fib" when she said she had seen a video of planned parenthood doctors keeping babies alive to harvest their organs.  She refuses to acknowledge her "misstep."

Her misstep.  What the fuck is this?  Oopsie, I told a widdle fib!  Does anyone else find that language completely inappropriate for the gravity of the situation, where the lady campaigning to be President of the United States flagrantly lies and refuses to acknowledge the lie?  A "fib."

Whenever stuff like this comes up I'm reminded of Gilbert Gottfried's bit about Bob Saget.  Planned Parenthood certainly did not keep babies alive for organ harvesting.  If you've heard the rumor that planned parenthood kept babies alive for organ harvesting, please stop telling people that planned parenthood kept babies alive for organ harvesting because it's certainly not true that planned parenthood kept babies alive for organ harvesting.
Shoes...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: September 21, 2015, 07:35:57 pm »

She should be asked to actually produce the video or give the video that has the described scene. Since giving a non-existent video isn't going to happen, that should stump her. :D

Also, this gem: TPM’s Josh Marshall added the other day, “Fiorina has a habit of simply making things up. In the case of the parts of the Planned Parenthood videos, the way she made it up seems to verge on the pathological. Again she says she saw something in these videos that completely wasn’t there.”

I wonder what else there is that she simply made things up?

That whole description of hers seemed like it was for the shock value and fearmongering anyway.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: September 21, 2015, 07:38:07 pm »

The impression I got was that she actually believed it.  She apparently mixed up the tape she was talking about with a different tape which used a B-reel of footage from ER rooms intercut with testimony.  The ironic thing was she was sanctimoniously telling people to watch a video she may not have even watched...
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: September 21, 2015, 07:48:07 pm »

I don't think many of the people stirring up shit about Planned Parenthood right now have seen the video, even the deceptive highly edited version.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: September 21, 2015, 07:50:51 pm »

The impression I got was that she actually believed it.  She apparently mixed up the tape she was talking about with a different tape which used a B-reel of footage from ER rooms intercut with testimony.  The ironic thing was she was sanctimoniously telling people to watch a video she may not have even watched...

Source on her saying she (or someone else claims) was actually talking about a B-reel (black and white? Budget?) of footage from ER rooms with background testimony?

I'm still wondering about the facts behind the 'has a habit of simply making things up', because if she actually does have a habit of it, then what are the things she made up?

Not that she has any chance of getting my vote anyway, which is negative zero.

I don't think many of the people stirring up shit about Planned Parenthood right now have seen the video, even the deceptive highly edited version.

As I said, she needs to actually prove there is such a clip.

Also, with the whole defund Planned Parenthood, doesn't it actually not use federal funding, so they can't actually defund it in the first place?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:54:20 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:19 pm »

Source on her saying she (or someone else claims) was actually talking about a B-reel (black and white? Budget?) of footage from ER rooms with background testimony?

She still hasn't admitted she is wrong.  But I saw speculation that she confused it with a different film called Human Capital.

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/16/9342165/carly-fiorina-planned-parenthood
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: September 21, 2015, 08:10:03 pm »

I just want a socially liberal, common-sense social democrat like they have in Scandinavia. Is that too much to ask?

*Had
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: September 21, 2015, 10:07:25 pm »

I just want a socially liberal, common-sense social democrat like they have in Scandinavia. Is that too much to ask?
Yes, it is. Remember that that is exceptional. What does it mean to be exceptional? It means that it is an exception to a rule. The rule is something that everyone who isn't a very, very, very small subset of the global population has to live with. If you look at it historically, and think about the billions who lived before, and the billions who've never even heard of such a thing, perhaps you'll realize that what you are asking for is a very, very tall order. There's no law that requires it to exist, after all.

TL;DR
"Most of humanity never had nice things, so you can't either."

Well thank you, Kommandant Killjoy. Most of humanity didn't have a safe and stable food supply either, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start eating out of the dumpster.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: September 21, 2015, 10:33:52 pm »

If you ever think the problems of political economy aren't solvable, remember that more then half the people on earth right now enjoy a higher standard of life then half of landed gentry did 200 years ago.  Imagining that most people in 100 years will enjoy the standard of living of today's millionaires is a very pessimistic statement.  We live in a world that more resembles the utopia of star trek then the not too distant past.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: September 21, 2015, 10:35:09 pm »

If you ever think the problems of political economy aren't solvable, remember that more then half the people on earth right now enjoy a higher standard of life then half of landed gentry did 200 years ago.  Imagining that most people in 100 years will enjoy the standard of living of today's millionaires is a very pessimistic statement.  We live in a world that more resembles the utopia of star trek then the not too distant past.

Well, other than the total absence poverty and war.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »

You can get rid of one, but the other never changes.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:26 pm »

Poverty is relative, my friend.  If you told a doctor in England in 1800 about a place where 95% of children survive their first year of life, they would say that this "Ghana" must be a very fortunate place.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: September 22, 2015, 12:51:43 am »

Scott Walker has dropped out of the race.

:o

It's easy to imagine another second-tier candidate like Pataki or Graham quitting...but I'd have pegged Walker as having a pretty good shot.

This will get interesting...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1342