Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548598 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4380 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »

Anybody else getting the impression that Huckabee is really impatient?

Did Carly Fiorina outright lie about the Planned Parenthood video?

Apparently. She said it in a somewhat graphic way. I didn't quote her word for word in an earlier post, but I did summarize what she said. It sounded like she was way exaggerating.

Also, the heck is up with this commercial about Bloomberg that seems to contradict itself?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53:37 pm »

i like rubio but wasnt it rubio who said what you credited as a walker quote.

don't worry they look like the same person, and neither gets any talking time.
It's possible. Kasich has especially thrown me off, he looks like a ghost.

CNN: "CARSON, Trump says vaccines cause autism. How do you respond." Carson: "(*politely*)That's stupid. That said, there is probably a lot of vaccines we are taking, and big government should stop". CNN: "But what about Trump?" Carson: "He'll make the right choice when presented with the evidence" Trump: "Not so fast. I like vaccines, but too much vaccines cause autism". Carson: "That's great, but come on, it's stupid. Fewer Vaccines are good though." CNN: "RAND PAUL how do you feel." Rand Paul: "What, me? Well, uh, I like vaccines, but I also like FREEDOM. I know the science says x, but come on, it's my right." Huckabee: "That's great, but what about all the other things? Treatment is so expensive, we need a cure for cancer! More money for cures! All the monies!"

EDIT: Rubio: "I know we all look alike".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:56:31 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: September 16, 2015, 09:56:48 pm »

i like rubio but wasnt it rubio who said what you credited as a walker quote.

don't worry they look like the same person, and neither gets any talking time.
It's possible. Kasich has especially thrown me off, he looks like a ghost.

CNN: "CARSON, Trump says vaccines cause autism. How do you respond." Carson: "(*politely*)That's stupid. That said, there is probably a lot of vaccines we are taking, and big government should stop". CNN: "But what about Trump?" Carson: "He'll make the right choice when presented with the evidence" Trump: "Not so fast. I like vaccines, but too much vaccines cause autism". Carson: "That's great, but come on, it's stupid. Fewer Vaccines are good though." CNN: "RAND PAUL how do you feel." Rand Paul: "What, me? Well, uh, I like vaccines, but I also like FREEDOM. I know the science says x, but come on, it's my right." Huckabee: "That's great, but what about all the other things? Treatment is so expensive, we need a cure for cancer! More money for cures! All the monies!"

If it results in an increased science budget, I'd encourage that line of thought.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: September 16, 2015, 09:57:12 pm »

Fiorina: 'Put ALL the women on the ten dollar bill'

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: September 16, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »

secret service codenames.

on one hand i like seeing the candidates as people.

on the other hand what is this question.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: September 16, 2015, 10:01:09 pm »

secret service codenames.

on one hand i like seeing the candidates as people.

on the other hand what is this question.

We're nearing the end of the debate, CNN usually lets them have some fun with the last few questions.

Also, the bit where Bush and Trump played off of each other, lol. Sort of a 'We bros!' moment between the two.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: September 16, 2015, 10:03:34 pm »

Also, the bit where Bush and Trump played off of each other, lol. Sort of a 'We bros!' moment between the two.
Yeesss, yeeesssss. Let the manlove flow through you, presidential candidates. Let it flow mightily.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: September 16, 2015, 10:05:32 pm »

Oh hey, Carson reveals he used to be a 'radical democrat' back in Reagans day. I wonder how much that'll end up hurting him.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: September 16, 2015, 10:09:18 pm »

Ben Carson sounds stoned. I think he smoked with Rand Paul before the debate, but Rand is handling it better.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: September 16, 2015, 10:10:47 pm »

Fiorina, stop with the femnist vibes, WE GET IT. At least those of us here in Bay 12 or at least I do.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: September 16, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

FINAL QUESTION (I'm summing this up as best I can, but it's a tad incoherent)

CNN: "Reagan did a lot. What will happen at the end of your presidency?"

Rand Paul: "I'm a Reagan conservative. So less war. Peace through strength." (wut)

Huckabee: "The BEST FUCKING MILITARY IN THE WHOLE WORLD. FEAR ME MOTHERFUCKERS. Also, Abortion would be as abolished as slavery. Also the fifties are back, and cancer is cured."

Rubio: "All our allies love us. Also support the opposition to all the dictators everywhere. FREE CUBA".

Cruz: "ALL ACROSS THE WORLD, PEOPLE WILL FEAR THE SOUND OF MY VOICE. Jobs for all! How? Tax reform! Flat tax! Abolish the IRS! Repeal Obamacare!" (He summed it up himself: "Kill the terrorists, repeal Obamacare, and defend the Constitution")

Carson: "Before Reagan, I was a democrat. Reagan sounded logical. Today we are divided, but we are strong when united. Our financial system is in the trash, and people are lying to us. Real leadership." (There's no real way to sum him up without being incoherent, ironically)

Trump: "We will make this country great again. Everything everyone else says is words, but if I'm president, these things will actually happen. With me as president, people will RESPECT US. And it will be a friendlier world."

Bush: "Obama is a failure. How about high growth? We have two percent, how about FOUR PERCENT! Reform entitlement! Fix immigrations! Stuff! High Growth strategy is what is needed, without growth we cannot lead!"

Walker: "People don't just want to hear about why things are bad. How about positive? How about living free from terrorism! Free from big government! I will never back down ever! Never say never!"

Fiorina: "Lady Liberty is tall and strong, torch held high. Lady Justice holds a sword, a warrior for principles. Liberty! Justice! One nation, equal, under god!" (Hers was a very symbol-laden speech)

Kasich: "I will make politicians realize that they are actually human beings. Respect for our allies! America is great because we govern from the bottom up! Citizenship is what matters! Re-inspire the people!!" (Good luck with that)

Christie: "I voted for Reagan! My election will be about you! People are taking advantage of the system. But 'our' administration will level the playing field! As for foreign policy, stick out our chest more!"

I'm off to do some reading on people's reactions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:33:07 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:26 pm »

I wonder how much Carsons reveal that he used to be a democrat will hurt him? Maybe as much as having once been on the Democrat side hurts Trump.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: September 16, 2015, 10:29:20 pm »

Rand Paul: "I'm a Reagan conservative. So less war Peace through strength." (wut)

... yeah, if paul is going to start cribbing notes from kane, the likelihood of him getting my vote just increased fivefold. (to zero, because it was at zero and no amount of multiplication is going to save that, but still)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: September 16, 2015, 11:06:28 pm »

Rand Paul: "I'm a Reagan conservative. So less war Peace through strength." (wut)

... yeah, if paul is going to start cribbing notes from kane, the likelihood of him getting my vote just increased fivefold. (to zero, because it was at zero and no amount of multiplication is going to save that, but still)

Paul/Kane 2016: Giving the NOD to leadership. Or the leadership to NOD.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: September 16, 2015, 11:20:21 pm »

See, it's a bad day when I know I would vote for Kane over any member of the race, including Bernie.

Aw, fuck it. Kane Lives! Peace Through Power!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1342