Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546593 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4170 on: September 08, 2015, 01:34:24 pm »

Ok, enough with the meta-shitposting.

Found this tidbit from the above-mentioned Monmouth poll analysis fascinating:
Majorities of current Clinton (56%) and Sanders (56%) voters say they would be at least somewhat likely to consider switching their support to Biden if he jumps into the race
(emphasis added)

That could be a huge deal if Joe jumps into the ring and Clinton suddenly loses 10-15% of her poll numbers as defectors.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4171 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:32 pm »

Why is Hillary the only one seriously running? Oh, sure, there's Biden bidin' his time, and Bernie has the stoned-college-student-who-never-actually-shows-up-on-election-day vote, but Hill is the only one in the news every day. Just like how Trump is winning solely on the basis of being too interesting to ignore, and then cultivating the air of "well, if we're paying attention, there must be something to look at."

Any self-respecting Democrat has to look at the republican field consisting of people who make the Pope look like Al Gore, plus Donald Trump, the man as electable as he is hirsute, and decide that this is the year. Instead we get Clinton 2: BACK -> TO THE 90s! as the only proactive agent. Complete with the news media treating email like it's a mysterious new technology.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: September 08, 2015, 02:07:03 pm »

Anyways, when the Democrats do their first debate, I hope they have all of those who are currently running. Whether Chafee will be in or not seems iffy as he is barely staying afloat or something.

Also, details on the next debate lineup: http://www.2016presidentialdebateschedule.com/2015/09/details-for-next-gop-debate-on-september-16/

Why is Hillary the only one seriously running? Oh, sure, there's Biden bidin' his time, and Bernie has the stoned-college-student-who-never-actually-shows-up-on-election-day vote, but Hill is the only one in the news every day. Just like how Trump is winning solely on the basis of being too interesting to ignore, and then cultivating the air of "well, if we're paying attention, there must be something to look at."

Any self-respecting Democrat has to look at the republican field consisting of people who make the Pope look like Al Gore, plus Donald Trump, the man as electable as he is hirsute, and decide that this is the year. Instead we get Clinton 2: BACK -> TO THE 90s! as the only proactive agent. Complete with the news media treating email like it's a mysterious new technology.

There's also O'Malley, Webb, and Chafee, they just aren't particularily visible right now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: September 08, 2015, 05:35:09 pm »

There's also O'Malley, Webb, and Chafee, they just aren't particularily viable right now.
FTFY

All three campaigns were stillborn. Chafee, it should be noted, got ZERO respondents in the last four Monmouth polls. Not zero percent (which could conceivably be some finite number less than 0.5) but zero VOTES. That's pretty impressive. Even "Mickey Mouse" or "My Penis" usually gets at least one or two votes.

On the Republican side, you have Jim Gilmore who's in pretty much the same boat of irrelevancy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: September 08, 2015, 05:47:17 pm »

To be fair, you do call your penis Tricky Dick.
Love, scriver~

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: September 08, 2015, 05:56:57 pm »

Donald Duck has repeatedly got several hundred votes in the Finnish presidential election.

The Donald: The one and only Donald.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: September 08, 2015, 06:09:38 pm »

Donald Duck has repeatedly got several hundred votes in the Finnish presidential election.

Seriously?

If true, that's certainly one way to do a protest vote.

There's also O'Malley, Webb, and Chafee, they just aren't particularily viable right now.
FTFY

All three campaigns were stillborn. Chafee, it should be noted, got ZERO respondents in the last four Monmouth polls. Not zero percent (which could conceivably be some finite number less than 0.5) but zero VOTES. That's pretty impressive. Even "Mickey Mouse" or "My Penis" usually gets at least one or two votes.

On the Republican side, you have Jim Gilmore who's in pretty much the same boat of irrelevancy.

Well allright, if those three are up a dead dry creek without a paddle, that just leaves Sanders and Clinton, which really isn't very competitive IMO, and Clinton would probably tear him to shreds.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: September 08, 2015, 06:17:39 pm »

Best protest vote, by far, goes to the Internet Party and their votes for a man named "Darth Vader."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: September 08, 2015, 09:20:01 pm »

Probably earlier than that, too. Working to get statues put up near other religious monuments on government ground has been a thing for 'em for a while now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: September 08, 2015, 09:29:26 pm »

It's like they're making the point that 'You have that monument, now how about other religions? Don't blame us, you guys opened the can of worms. :D "

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: September 09, 2015, 08:38:45 am »

It's not LIKE they're making that point, that IS the point they're making. Multiple times they've said as much.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: September 09, 2015, 09:06:54 am »

Figuratively speaking that is the literal words they almost used.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: September 09, 2015, 09:14:21 am »

It's not LIKE they're making that point, that IS the point they're making. Multiple times they've said as much.

I think smjjmsj's "it's like" was sarcastic.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: September 09, 2015, 09:17:52 am »

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic though.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1342