Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546071 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4020 on: August 30, 2015, 10:54:15 am »

I'unno if a revived reagan would actually help. Dude may be too liberal for the current republican electorate. I guess the revival would be caused by all the current candidates being sucked into a frothing flesh orgy and exploding into thousands of little reagan spawns, which would litter the lands and then sprout up into fully formed Nouveau Reagan conservomonkies. They would then run as a reaganite abomination collective.

It would be very interesting. You'd see a drastic about face on conservative opinions of radical biomedical experimentation, since God would have clearly rescinded any opposition to meddling with the human form.

E: Edited to fix typo. Also to recognize the truth that a republican flesh orgy would froth with age, fat, and bombastically concealed shame.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:47:43 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: August 30, 2015, 11:08:14 am »

The Democrats will almost certainly win the election pretty much regardless of what happens, unless they suffer an incredible implosion followed by a revived Ronald Reagan being the Republican nominee.

I feel almost certainly is a bit too certain. They've definitely got an advantage, imo, but it's possible for one of the less-insane candidates to pull through and give Clinton/Biden a run for their money. If Sanders gets the nomination, then it'll definitely be an interesting race.

Also, Trump is ruining this election, and making it hilarious.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: August 30, 2015, 11:22:25 am »

The Democrats will almost certainly win the election pretty much regardless of what happens, unless they suffer an incredible implosion followed by a revived Ronald Reagan being the Republican nominee.

Nate Silver has the odds at about 50-50...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: August 30, 2015, 11:33:51 am »

Nate Silver has the odds at about 50-50...

Yeah, it's too early at this stage to tell for sure.

It'd throw the GOP primary into chaos. They might nominate a moderate, but the hard right would split its vote, and the Democrat would almost certainly win the election. The rank-and-file would probably take away the lesson "we need to nominate a hard-right candidate in 2020 so that we don't split our vote again."

It wouldn't be a good thing for anyone in the long run, but my god, it would be entertaining.

The GOP primary is already thrown into chaos.

Also, hard right? They'd have to be so crazy as to be unelectable, or going so far right you get into fanatically radical stuff like some sort of racist or paramilitary group. Or they go so far right that they end up left.

I mean, they're pretty far on the right already. Besides, who the heck would that be for 'hard right'?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4024 on: August 30, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »

From what I've seen, the republicans strategists' response to Trump's lingering success is "We've abandoned our core voters, we need to go farther right."

Which is an alarming concept on many levels, especially considering that Trump is not historically conservative as he is historically an asshole.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: August 30, 2015, 02:04:08 pm »

... this is where someone makes the "Six of one, half dozen of the other" quip, right? I... I'll throw myself upon the sword, I guess. I don't want to, but it feels like someone has to...
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: August 30, 2015, 02:42:23 pm »

On the going further right, how much further right can you get than Trump without going to the EXTREME extreme right and into the dark side? Pretty sure the republicans don't REALLY want to go there.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: August 30, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »

As has been said for pages and pages, Trump is actually moderate on many issue (healthcare, taxes...). He is only far-right on immigration.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: August 30, 2015, 02:54:46 pm »

It's more the attitude that is concerning. There's a lot more to presentation than substance in some areas of politics, and Trump being successful is a step on the path to a real psycho.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: August 30, 2015, 02:56:29 pm »

Oh, he's an asshole all right, but that doesn't make him far-right.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: August 30, 2015, 02:57:47 pm »

I mean if the Republicans think they need to go further right, how much further can they go.

It's more the attitude that is concerning. There's a lot more to presentation than substance in some areas of politics, and Trump being successful is a step on the path to a real psycho.

At least we have measures against a real psycho, assuming we see it coming.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: August 30, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »

I do believe you mean your citizenchip, Ispil.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: August 30, 2015, 04:02:26 pm »

And that is why I am afraid. I am an immigrant, and I don't want to get fucked over the posterior if one of these fuckwits gets into office before I get my citizenship.

Where are you originally from? Just wondering out of curiosity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: August 30, 2015, 04:08:33 pm »

Canada, iirc. Hence mention of the other citizenship... somewhere or another. I think. If I'm not mixing people up.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 1342