Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546331 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump's Narcissism Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #3750 on: August 21, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »

Jokes aside, wasn't it Bush that started the waterboarding thing in Gitmo? Obama inherited a lot of stupid stuff from the Bush adminstration.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3751 on: August 21, 2015, 05:29:05 pm »

Yeah, but he took his own sweet time shutting it down.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: August 21, 2015, 05:35:54 pm »

Wasn't the waterboarding stopped long before Obama was a candidate, let alone president?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3753 on: August 21, 2015, 05:58:55 pm »

no

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: August 21, 2015, 06:05:32 pm »

Bush did issue a ban in '06, but apparently it was still enough of an issue that barack felt the need to issue another one in '09, that also included other torture methods. Make of that what you will.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: August 22, 2015, 04:47:14 am »

Literally almost every high ranking cabinet member, cabinet-level executive, or even important staffer under both the Bush and Obama administrations are in some way responsible for thousands of innocent deaths. Not to excuse such deadly and ironic shows of force, but Hillary just officially sanctioned the expansion of the program. As for Benghazi, that was hardly her fault, and happened at level a bit below her position frankly. Indeed, the media vilified her to an extreme. I mean, do you really think that somewhat who is constantly described as hawkish would let security slip in an embassy in a hostile area if she had any knowledge of it?

She IS good at her job, damn good, and people like to pick her apart for being aggressive when the world is pretty fucking aggressive towards us. The email thing is her one major flop, and honestly is being handled incorrectly. I wouldn't doubt if that kind of thing was common place.

"All the cool kids are doing it" is not an excuse. She signed it, the buck on that one stopped with her. In my eyes, she's culpable.

Shouldn't you also blame Obama? He's the one who okays the drone warfare stuff.

I do also blame Obama, but he's not a candidate for 2016...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: August 22, 2015, 05:27:59 am »

But then, do you seriously believe any of the GOP candidates would be any better? Apart maybe from Rand Paul, they all seems even more hawkish than Hillary.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: August 22, 2015, 05:41:48 am »

I believe all of them at least have the potential to be better. Clinton's a proven opportunist, shallow and dishonest to the point of caricature. I really quite like Fiorina, but she has less than a snowball's chance in hell.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: August 22, 2015, 05:56:40 am »

Ok, so you don't actually know them.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: August 22, 2015, 06:12:18 am »

Have to admit, now I'm vaguely curious if there's actually a republican candidate with their ticket in the hat that's actually for reduced military spending and/or cooling down foreign adventurism. I guess I'd accept one that just doesn't want to increase either as fitting that category as well.

Will say I've pretty much taken it as a given that if they're a republican politician they're for increased military spending and probably a notable increase in political belligerence, since that's kinda' been the party's default position for... a while now.

... not curious enough to actually check, but if someone willing to respond has noticed it, it would be neat to hear about.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: August 22, 2015, 06:13:05 am »

Rand Paul?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: August 22, 2015, 06:23:57 am »

Has apparently reversed on his earlier senatorial propositions to cut military spending. So he used to be, and then he ran as a GOP candidate for president* :V

Also one of the ways he'd apparently fund the increase in military spending would be to slash foreign aid spending (buncha' other stuff, too, for what that's worth, some of which significantly more worrisome from a domestic perspective). So. Pretty sure he counts on both, now.

*Near as the news says, that's actually pretty much the literal reason for the reversal, to appease the hawkish as the buggery portion of the GOP base/political engine. Is probably the primary reason to be skeptical as the blazes that any republican candidate would be (hell, could be) less hawkish than... pretty much any democrat one. One of these two parties has increased (or at least not decreased) military spending and more political strong-arming as what amounts to a party platform.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:25:30 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: August 22, 2015, 07:20:00 am »

Has apparently reversed on his earlier senatorial propositions to cut military spending. So he used to be, and then he ran as a GOP candidate for president* :V

Also one of the ways he'd apparently fund the increase in military spending would be to slash foreign aid spending (buncha' other stuff, too, for what that's worth, some of which significantly more worrisome from a domestic perspective). So. Pretty sure he counts on both, now.

*Near as the news says, that's actually pretty much the literal reason for the reversal, to appease the hawkish as the buggery portion of the GOP base/political engine. Is probably the primary reason to be skeptical as the blazes that any republican candidate would be (hell, could be) less hawkish than... pretty much any democrat one. One of these two parties has increased (or at least not decreased) military spending and more political strong-arming as what amounts to a party platform.
Indeed, Hillary Clinton would make a good Republican in that respect.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: August 22, 2015, 09:36:38 am »

I believe all of them at least have the potential to be better. Clinton's a proven opportunist, shallow and dishonest to the point of caricature.

If someone looks like a caricature... maybe you are looking at a caricature of them?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kazturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: August 22, 2015, 10:20:28 am »

I believe all of them at least have the potential to be better. Clinton's a proven opportunist, shallow and dishonest to the point of caricature.

If someone looks like a caricature... maybe you are looking at a caricature of them?

Or maybe she is the most perfect stereotype of a dishonest politician I've seen...
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 1342