Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545227 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump's Narcissism Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #3555 on: August 14, 2015, 03:26:16 pm »

All the spinning makes this Twi's favourite time of year.
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: August 14, 2015, 04:00:33 pm »

Can America please not elect a meme as president?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: August 14, 2015, 04:11:14 pm »

Trump is about as likely to become president as the united states is to adopt socialized healthcare within our lifetimes.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »

More gems. I'm endlessly amused that the frontrunner for the party of moral rectitude, family values and fiscal responsibility is a sleazy, amoral shyster with a somewhat creepy interest in women young enough to be (or actually are) his daughter.

some choice quotes

20. “I cherish women. I want to help women. I’m going to be able to do things for women that no other candidate would be able to do … ” (CNN, Aug. 9, 2015)

36. Women? “You have to treat ’em like shit.” (New York magazine, Nov. 9, 1992)

26. “She’s not giving me 100 percent. She’s giving me 84 percent, and 16 percent is going towards taking care of children.” (TIME, May 23, 2011)

34. “There’s nothing I love more than women, but they’re really a lot different than portrayed. They are far worse than men, far more aggressive … ” (The Art of the Comeback, 1997)

19. “I don’t have a racist bone in my body.” (“Entertainment Tonight,” July 1, 2015)

9. “I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)

10. “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” (Twitter, Nov. 6, 2012)

14. “The Mexican government forces many bad people into our country. Because they’re smart. They’re smarter than our leaders.” (NBC News, July 8, 2015)

17. “I’ll win the Latino vote because I’ll create jobs. I’ll create jobs and the Latinos will have jobs they didn’t have.” (NBC News, July 8, 2015)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: August 14, 2015, 05:06:56 pm »

All the spinning makes this Twi's favourite time of year.
* Twi spins

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: August 14, 2015, 05:21:02 pm »

Trump is about as likely to become president as the united states is to adopt socialized healthcare within our lifetimes.

Well, with Medicare and Medicaid already being things, one could certainly argue that that already qualifies as socialized healthcare.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: August 14, 2015, 05:59:07 pm »

Probably meant universal socialized.  Which isn't actually as far off as all that.

It used to be that insurance companies set the standards, acted as your agent and financially underwrote things.  Now the government sets the standards, both government and insurance company acts as your agent and the insurance underwrites things but the government underwrites the insurance underwriting.  Well what happens if they tighten up the system a little more?  Then the government will be acting as your agent because it's higher standards mean the insurance wont matter much in that regard.  And what if they clamp down on insurance profits just a little because the insurance companies aren't absorbing any risks?  Well then the government is basically just underwriting things directly.  So then insurance companies will be doing nothing but skimming off the top while the government does everything.  And when that happens, pretty soon someone is gonna figure out that just nationalizing the "collect profit" side of the industry would be pretty easy.

I think that's why the insurance companies hated this bill so much.  It didn't hurt their bottom lines.  It made their business a lot more efficient by having the government help them out.  And that's means that it makes it a lot easier to just replace them entirely.  When you are blood sucking leeches, that's terrifying.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: August 14, 2015, 09:15:24 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: August 14, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »

“I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)

Somehow this reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgC9LEBTuQ&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmJgC9LEBTuQ&has_verified=1
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: August 14, 2015, 09:17:56 pm »

Do not conjure up what ye cannot cast down again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: August 15, 2015, 10:48:40 am »

So many memes

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: August 15, 2015, 11:47:04 am »

Maybe we should have a Trump thread, and a sanitized, Ameripol thread were we can discuss serious stuff.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: August 15, 2015, 12:01:49 pm »

Maybe we should have a Trump thread, and a sanitized, Ameripol thread were we can discuss serious stuff.
But... Trump is part of Ameripol's serious stuff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: August 15, 2015, 12:02:31 pm »

i was about to make a post saying something like nothing is serious about america but then zangi posted and i'm blown out of the water

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: August 15, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »

We just need Kim Kardashian to run for president, and the circle will be complete.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1342