Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545438 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Freedom Megathread- Explosions and PBR Edition
« Reply #3450 on: August 10, 2015, 12:31:23 pm »

I heard if you play his campaign announcement in reverse he says "Satan shall reign small 666 over all" at one point.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: August 10, 2015, 12:35:46 pm »

But wait, now the deceitful libruls are claiming that the lady who shouted fake-Bernie down is actually a fan of Sarah Palin! Another ploy in Obama's master plan to garner sympathy for self-victimizing satanic feminist lizards!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: August 10, 2015, 12:42:16 pm »

I'm shocked, shocked that teenagers have incoherent views.

Hm....

Does this mean that Carly gets moved up to the grown up table in the next debate?  Does this mean that Rubio is now the mainstream voice of the republican party?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:49:42 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: August 10, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »

Mainiac-- you are forgetting how reality-averse the GOP leadership is.

They have likely ALREADY decided who their short list is, and even if The Donald wins the primaries by a landslide, it wont conform to their preconcieved views of who they will endorse, so they wont endorse him.

You are trying to make sense of something that cannot be made sense of.

This trend of attempting to dictate reality is deeply established with the GOP leadership. See for instance, their track record concerning climate science, ecological science, science in general (vs relgion), and studies on the efficacy of social policy implementaton.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:17:45 pm by wierd »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: August 10, 2015, 01:23:54 pm »

I dont get what you are saying.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: August 10, 2015, 01:26:44 pm »

Looks like it. Also, heres the full poll: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/NBC-SM%20Post%20Debate%20Poll%208%2009%2015.pdf

Edit: I notice that over a third of them didn't go beyond highschool.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:53:35 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:04 pm »

Should be noted that the NBC poll was an online poll. Which is about as reliable as asking Facebook or 4chan.

Trump supporters have already shown a penchant for twitter-bombing and FB spamming, I see no reason why they wouldn't also be poll-stuffing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: August 10, 2015, 05:03:35 pm »

Should be noted that the NBC poll was an online poll. Which is about as reliable as asking Facebook or 4chan.
Isn't that literally what it's doing, given the demographics of who'd participate in an online poll?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: August 10, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

Online polls outperformed telephone polls last election.  I dont believe 4chan did that.  I'm too afraid to go on facebook to know their predictions.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: August 10, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

They have likely ALREADY decided who their short list is, and even if The Donald wins the primaries by a landslide
Nitpick: If you had said caucuses this would be correct, but if he wins the primaries they literally have no other choice. IIRC Primary delegates are mandated to support the winner of the primary, while caucus delegates can go and say "fuck you" and support some other maniacal businessmen, like Lex Luthor or something.

Luthor/Kasich 2016.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: August 10, 2015, 07:07:27 pm »

Online polls outperformed telephone polls last election.  I dont believe 4chan did that.  I'm too afraid to go on facebook to know their predictions.
Source? I have an extremely hard time believing that online polls have a high degree of accuracy due to the inherent problem of motivated groups skewing the results. Even though NBC's methodology appears to try to correct for this, it's still very open to tampering.

I can believe though, that telephone polls are becoming increasingly inaccurate as fewer people (and certainly fewer young people) possess landlines and as people in general stop answering numbers they don't know.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: August 10, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »

First, the case against Internet-based polls has grown much weaker in the last four years. At that time, the most prominent Internet pollster was Zogby Interactive (it has since been re-branded as JZ Analytics), which used a poor methodology and got equally poor results. But Internet penetration has increased considerably since then (it now exceeds landline telephone penetration) and a number of Internet-based polling firms with more thoughtful methodologies have come along. In 2012, the Internet-based polls did a little better than the telephone polls as a group (especially compared to telephone polls that did not call cellphones). There are still some reasons to be skeptical of Internet polls — especially those that do not use probability sampling. But the FiveThirtyEight pollster ratings no longer include an explicit penalty for Internet polls1 as they did in 2010.

(emphasis added)

If "it offers challenges" meant "we dont have enough information" the world would be a very different place.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:17:37 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: August 10, 2015, 08:13:43 pm »

So then it's less because the flaws of online polls have been magically fixed and more because telephone polls are increasingly unrepresentative of the electorate.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: August 10, 2015, 10:38:06 pm »

It's not just telephone polls getting worse, internet polls have gotten better too.  Frankly I would be surprised if telephone polls dont disappear in a decade or so given that internet polls offer the potential to be far more accurate.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39:48 am »

So, apparently that page just popped up on Bernie's website. Like it or not, disrupting his speech had effects.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1342