Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544910 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Freedom Megathread- Explosions and PBR Edition
« Reply #3181 on: August 04, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »

i thought that was a well established fact at this point

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 04, 2015, 07:33:50 pm »

So, the list for the first-place debate is officially out: Trump, Bush, Walker, Rubio, Huckabee, Cruz, Paul, Carson, Christie and Kasich. I think we can probably safely say by now that nobody who isn't in the above list is going to get the GOP nomination.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 04, 2015, 07:36:43 pm »

Hey, Kasich managed to land the last slot! Good for you, John Kasich.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 04, 2015, 07:56:20 pm »

I wish my former Guv-unah Kasich good luck in the coming debate.

...I can't recall where I heard this one. Perhaps this thread already. But apparently one of his advisors had this to say about the coming debate and I think it succinctly summarizes the situation.

“Imagine a NASCAR driver mentally preparing for a race knowing one of the drivers will be drunk. That’s what prepping for this debate is like.”

Needless to say, like any good NASCAR fan, I may actually watch this debate for the inevitable crashes.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 04, 2015, 08:18:57 pm »

I didn't listen to the whole of what Obama said though. I wonder what the incentives and concessions are for those that successfully lower their carbon emissions?

Also, spellcorrector changed Obama to Alana, what in the weird.

The incentive is that if you lower your emissions, the EPA doesn't start slapping closing notices on your coal plants.  Pretty much there are no carrots so it's all sticks.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 04, 2015, 08:41:38 pm »

Well, there's the big carrot of reducing contribution to environmental devastation... if that's not carrot enough for them, then yeah, stick away.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: August 04, 2015, 08:43:41 pm »

That's not quite the issue in Kentucky. Nobody here bashes green energy because we can't even get the conversation to the point where we're discussing alternatives. The politicians are too busy trying to see who can shove the most coal up their own ass.

Gov. Steve Beshear issued a statement on Monday expressing his disappointment with the rule and predicting doom for the coal industry.

“What is being proposed for Kentucky is disastrous — disastrous for our declining coal economy and equally disastrous for our very important manufacturing economy,” Beshear said in a statement.
“I will be joining a bipartisan group of attorneys general asking the EPA and the federal court to stay implementation of this rule while it’s challenged in court,” Conway said in a statement. “I believe, once again, the courts will rule that the EPA has overstepped its authority.

“It is apparent the Obama administration is doubling down on policies that hurt Kentucky. I have challenged the President in the past and won – that is just what I plan to do in this case. This is about the future of our Commonwealth and ensuring that our state doesn’t bear the brunt of an ill-conceived Washington, D.C. regulation that hurts Kentucky coal and Kentucky jobs.”

Conway said that he asked Beshear to stop the state Energy and Environment Cabinet from developing a state plan that attempts to comply with the rule.

“Doing so is a waste of time and resources,” he said.

Those are our Democrats, the governor and attorney general (who is running for governor next). Here is the Republican who will run against Conway in the next governor race:

“Not only did Jack Conway proudly vote for Obama twice, he has also long been funded by the Sierra Club and others who fight every day against the interests of our coal industry,” Bevin said. “Jack Conway needs to start telling the truth about his political allegiance to the extreme environmentalists who give him money. If not, he owes an apology to Kentucky coal miners for being a hypocrite on this issue.”
(source)

Kentucky is being split in two over this issue - it's Team Against vs Team More Against. Who will prevail?
This is why I hate politics... and politicians...
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 04, 2015, 09:02:08 pm »

So the debate is tomorrow? Is there a debate drinking game yet? Are the Dems even having a debate?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: August 04, 2015, 09:07:05 pm »

So, the list for the first-place debate is officially out: Trump, Bush, Walker, Rubio, Huckabee, Cruz, Paul, Carson, Christie and Kasich. I think we can probably safely say by now that nobody who isn't in the above list is going to get the GOP nomination.

The 'losers' are still doing the mini-debate though. With this many candidates around, who knows, one of the 'losers' might rise or something.

Also, I don't know if Gilmore was even thinking of being in the debates or not. His candidacy announcement went by pretty quietly and he's barely a blip in the polls.

So the debate is tomorrow? Is there a debate drinking game yet? Are the Dems even having a debate?

It's in two days, the 6th.

The democrats are having the debates, just later in the fall, and they haven't finalized the schedule yet apparently.

http://www.2016presidentialdebateschedule.com/2016-debate-schedule/2016-democratic-primary-debate-schedule/

I'm sure someone somewhere is doing some sort of debate drinking game.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 04, 2015, 09:11:34 pm »

Would it be against forum rules if we designed one right here?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: August 04, 2015, 09:16:26 pm »

Theres nothing that explictly says no, but eeeh, I'd say ask Toady One to be on the safe side.

Then again, DF is a game about 'drunken midgets', so.......

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 04, 2015, 09:16:32 pm »

Every time Donald Trump says something stupid, take a sip.

You don't really need much more than that to get thoroughly trashed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 04, 2015, 09:20:53 pm »

... innit trump sitting the debate out? Or was that a different one? Thought I heard in passing he was abstaining for some debate or another...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3194 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

I think it's perry.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1342