Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544700 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Freedom Megathread- Explosions and PBR Edition
« Reply #3090 on: July 23, 2015, 12:42:04 pm »

Trump: secretly a Clinton plant all along?
Love, scriver~

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 23, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »

I'm sort of hoping he drafts Herman Cain to be his running mate. Dream team indeed.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 23, 2015, 02:34:53 pm »

Trump proves himself braver than McCain by visiting war-torn hellhole of....Laredo?

He held a brief news conference in the lobby of the airport here, where he repeatedly referred to the personal danger he faced at the border, but affirmed that “I have to do it, I love this country.” (Laredo, for what it’s worth, is one of the safest cities in the state.)

It began with National Border Patrol Council Local 2455, the union representing Border Patrol agents, saying it would no longer participate in any events involving Mr. Trump, making clear that “an endorsement was never discussed for any presidential candidate.”

Mr. Trump accused the group’s “superiors from Washington” of silencing the local chapter. He pledged to continue to visit the town “despite the great danger.” Earlier Thursday, he told Fox News that “I may never see you again, but we’re going to do it.”

What a fucking drama queen. If he becomes the nominee and brings up Hillary's embellishment about being under fire from snipers in Bosnia, this needs to be thrown back in his face repeatedly.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 23, 2015, 02:37:13 pm »

So who's produced the greater legendary sniper, Mexico or Bosnia?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 23, 2015, 02:39:44 pm »

Finland. That's why Presidents never go there.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 23, 2015, 05:23:36 pm »

Ford did, to sign the Helsinki Accords...then St. Reagan tried to primary him for being too soft on the Eeeeeevil Empire.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 23, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »

As someone who would vote for one of the more libertarian Republican candidates (as my first vote, nonetheless), I am desperately hoping Trump nosedives soon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 23, 2015, 07:29:01 pm »

Pfft, Trump's ego (and possibly ignorance) knows no bounds, he now says that he's a better general than Lt. General Hertling (one of the commanders over in Iraq), also this: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/politics/donald-trump-fact-check-bomb-oil-fields-iraq/index.html

I know the link is a bit old, but it gets the point across.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 24, 2015, 12:47:24 am »

Second Amendment kooks are now "protecting" army recruiting centers from the eeeeevil Muslims.

I saw a group of these guys being interviewed on my local TV news station. There were about 5 of them, all armed with bolt action rifles and the odd single shot shotgun but I thought they were an isolated phenomenon. Not only is it embarrassing, but to me everything about these people screams 'misguided' at best and 'itchy trigger finger' at worst, and the army seems to agree.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:54:30 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: July 24, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

Ford did, to sign the Helsinki Accords...then St. Reagan tried to primary him for being too soft on the Eeeeeevil Empire.
Clinton went in 1997 as well, for some kind of summit with Yeltsin. Though honestly, I'm thinking that was just a cover story and he was really there for some kind of drunken sauna orgy with Clinton, Yeltsin, Ahtisaari and a bunch of Finnish babes.

Second Amendment kooks are now "protecting" army recruiting centers from the eeeeevil Muslims.
Oh Jesus in a handbasket....*facepalm*
I bet this gets real confusing in Texas. "We're here to protect you! Unless you're one of them there Jade Helm fellers...."

Is it wrong of me to hope there's an accidental weapons discharge, and the MPs blow a whole bunch of these fucktards to Kingdom Come?
There's a truly American irony in armed nutcases massing to protect soldiers (and civilian DoD personnel) from armed nutcases.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: July 24, 2015, 03:48:59 am »

Clinton went in 1997 as well, for some kind of summit with Yeltsin. Though honestly, I'm thinking that was just a cover story and he was really there for some kind of drunken sauna orgy with Clinton, Yeltsin, Ahtisaari and a bunch of Finnish babes.

Toverit, he knows too much! Execute protocol Perkele Koskenkorva!

*sniper shot rings out*

@Trump honestly is beginning to seem way too surreal to be real. I think I may have slipped into a coma and this is my mind's way of trying to get me to question reality and snap out of it. If Trump ever turns to the camera and whispers 'wake up' in the middle of a debate, please let me know.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: July 24, 2015, 11:27:21 am »

I want to get off Donald Trump's Wild Ride.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: July 24, 2015, 11:41:08 am »

The thing is that while this 'strategy' will probably backfire on him in the long run, it will get him a huge amount of popular support.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: July 24, 2015, 11:48:40 am »

I want to get off Donald Trump's Wild Ride.

Don't we all?

Though the democrats would love for Trump to stay in the whole way or even go independent what with the loose cannon wrecking ball effect he is having on the Republicans.

Just a thought experiment here, if he went independent how much of the vote would Trump have to get in order to split the delegates in a way that nobody is able to gain a majority? I'm curious here because a recent CNN poll said that if it were Clinton vs Bush and done now, Hillary would get 50 something and Jeb 40 something, however, if Trump were to go independent, the votes would be split something like 46 for Hillary, 34 for Jeb and 20 for Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1342