Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544792 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Bay12 2016 Electron Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #2760 on: July 02, 2015, 08:37:24 pm »

Should a distinction be made between the more media outrage side of the generation and the upper-middle student with lots of disposable income? Because one is far more likely to be of greater value at generating publicity or helping with PR with social media capital and free hours whilst the latter is the cash cow to be milked; see EA using the former for defence and Apple for the latter

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 02, 2015, 08:46:24 pm »

One should be made, yes. One generates the monies, the other generates the hype. Still, seems like an awfully byzantine way to cynically capitalize on political movements in the county. You'd think if this were more successful we'd be seeing it more than we have now, although, trends be trending and shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2762 on: July 02, 2015, 08:59:31 pm »

One should be made, yes. One generates the monies, the other generates the hype. Still, seems like an awfully byzantine way to cynically capitalize on political movements in the county. You'd think if this were more successful we'd be seeing it more than we have now, although, trends be trending and shit.
Guy Fawkes masks are the immediate precursor to this. Though then again, though it started with a bunch of trolls and lols it ended with what we'd anachronistically call the tumblr gen.
I think the social media is the key here; it's easy to generate "outrage" on twitter or petitions that take very little effort to appear far more imposing than they are. And the market capitalizing on this new market of hype and dollar has coincided with the rise of the kony2012 activism. I.e. people getting ripped and mugged of monies based off of emotional appeals that overpower reason. In the short amount of time where outrage flows, inhibitions on wallets follow.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:15 am »

The grainy Facebook image macro factories are already pumping out Trump memes. Today I learned making $400,000 a day is a top qualification for being President material.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 03, 2015, 02:29:00 am »

You know, I'm not that big on the whole replacing "illegal immigrant" with "undocumented resident" shtick, but calling people "illegals" like that is just terrible rhetoric.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 03, 2015, 03:27:22 am »

It's almost like these fucktards are stupid enough to think that Obama is running for President again.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2766 on: July 03, 2015, 06:27:13 am »

"Will make America great again"

It's ogre, it's always been ogre

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 03, 2015, 06:29:35 am »

"Will make America great again"
Spoiler: MFW (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 03, 2015, 10:05:12 am »

Trump's lack of eyelashes makes me feel like he isn't quite human...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 03, 2015, 10:11:47 am »

It's almost like these fucktards are stupid enough to think that Obama is running for President again.

Pretty sure I've seen enough of them panic over his imminent plans to send in the black helicopters, cancel elections, and install a New World Order that this you're probably correct...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:50 am »

Trump's lack of eyelashes makes me feel like he isn't quite human...

Here in Scotland we've been under the impression he was an orange that put on a suit and a hairpiece and started complaining about green energy.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 03, 2015, 11:40:53 am »

Can't wait for the general election season where all the obama hate vanishes in one fortnight and we start slandering hillary (or bernie).

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 03, 2015, 12:01:55 pm »

"Why can't Hillary try to compromise like Obama?"
-A million people next year.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 03, 2015, 03:47:31 pm »

Can't wait for the general election season where all the obama hate vanishes in one fortnight and we start slandering hillary (or bernie).

Hate to say it, but, people are going to continue hating Obama for many years to come. He is to the right what GWB was to the left.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 03, 2015, 03:49:42 pm »

Hate to say it, but, people are going to continue hating Obama for many years to come. He is to the right what GWB was to the left.
And ironically, both are much closer to the other side than they're ever given credit for.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1342