Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550805 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #2055 on: June 02, 2015, 10:53:40 pm »

Eh, what else do you expect from the far right republicans.

Paramo has the right idea at least, if he actually believes his own words.
Who is Paramo?  ???

And as far as TSA -- have you SEEN a TSA screening line? These are folks who weren't competent enough to work at the DMV. And in many cases, they're outsourced through a firm like Securitas. You basically have mall cops checking your luggage.
That's supposed to be Pataki, spell checker somehow changed it when I wasnt looking.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 02, 2015, 10:55:19 pm »

They never fail to fuck with me about toiletries.

"That's some minty breath you have there, citizen. Suspiciously minty."

"You look like you have suspiciously good personal hygiene. Do you know who else has good hygiene?"

This is a British dramady in the making, keep up the good work.

Who is Paramo?  ???
That's supposed to be Pataki, spell checker somehow changed it when I wasnt looking.

Considering Paramo isn't a word any more than Pataki is...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 02, 2015, 11:13:24 pm »

Eh, what else do you expect from the far right republicans.

Paramo has the right idea at least, if he actually believes his own words.
Who is Paramo?  ???

And as far as TSA -- have you SEEN a TSA screening line? These are folks who weren't competent enough to work at the DMV. And in many cases, they're outsourced through a firm like Securitas. You basically have mall cops checking your luggage.
Ahh okay. Yeah, considering Pataki's response to Huckabee's comments was basically, "Look, I personally don't agree with gender transition, but for fuck's sake they're still US citizens (and human beings) and deserve your basic respect."

Which makes him such a flaming lefty that he'll never survive past New Hampshire, if there, sadly.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: June 02, 2015, 11:16:21 pm »

It only the majority of the republicans would be as sane as him.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 02, 2015, 11:54:35 pm »

Oh, the other kiss of death for Pataki is that he announced his candidacy in English and in Spanish. Already seen numerous comments among the FOXtard crowd that announcing in Spanish was tantamount to treason.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 03, 2015, 12:36:41 am »

That actually strikes me as a pretty savvy move.  It's always great to be on the popular side of a controversy.  Even in the Republican primary electorate racist backlash in the abstract sense is unpopular.  So if you get people mad at you for being a nice guy it makes you sympathetic.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 03, 2015, 01:46:33 am »

Oh, the other kiss of death for Pataki is that he announced his candidacy in English and in Spanish. Already seen numerous comments among the FOXtard crowd that announcing in Spanish was tantamount to treason.

Then those people will have problems with the hispanic candidates won't they?

I honestly don't see a problem with it, but hey, being independent (with democratic leanings) and from California (mostly that fact).....

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 03, 2015, 07:34:41 am »

So, wikileaks is apparently offering 100000$  to whoever will leak a copy of the TPP.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 03, 2015, 08:50:58 am »

They're that desperate to stay relevant?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 03, 2015, 09:12:03 am »

On one hand, transparency in gov't is good... on the other, it can be construed as attempted bribery or some such.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 03, 2015, 11:17:00 am »

No, see, that would be racism. But being pissed about pandering to a demographic by speaking their language in addition to English, that's not racism. That's good 'ol MURICA thinking.

It's the basic cowardice of Conservative Republicanism. They'll criticize the demographic and anyone trying to get their votes up and down, but criticizing a member of the demo that's an actual politician standing there? Why, no, they'd never do that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 03, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

Yeah, Republicans have no problems with Hispanics. As long as they speak English, wait 10+ years to legally immigrate, are devout Christians (preferably Evangelical converts) and vote Republican.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 03, 2015, 01:28:33 pm »

No, see, that would be racism. But being pissed about pandering to a demographic by speaking their language in addition to English, that's not racism. That's good 'ol MURICA thinking.

It's the basic cowardice of Conservative Republicanism. They'll criticize the demographic and anyone trying to get their votes up and down, but criticizing a member of the demo that's an actual politician standing there? Why, no, they'd never do that.
"I don't hate black people, I just hate the black people!"

EDIT: Out of Context Quoting in 5... 4...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 03, 2015, 01:45:01 pm »

"What is this privilege you speak of?"

... I think you guys may have finally done it. I may have become a progressive.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 03, 2015, 01:47:23 pm »

Mm... reminds me of a conservative/religious talk-show the person I was driving around was listening to (at least until I couldn't stand the crypto-racism anymore and talked them into switching over to classical) who claimed more or less to not be racist, and then spent like half the goddamn segment obliquely talking down "that hip-hop culture" and denigrating Obama and crap. It's just, like. Could you whistle that bell any harder, old white dude?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 1342