Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549244 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #1635 on: April 25, 2015, 06:23:06 pm »

DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:56:32 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 25, 2015, 06:46:54 pm »

I just chalk it up to shifting morals and societal standards, especially regarding sex and drugs.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 25, 2015, 09:41:11 pm »

If we only had more sex and drugs we wouldn't have any of these problems.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 26, 2015, 02:28:53 am »

Clearly we should base our choice of leadership on who can do the most amount of drugs and people at the same time.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 26, 2015, 04:27:40 am »

I've always advocated Sheenocracy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 26, 2015, 06:16:04 am »

Relevant SMBC, if it hasn't been posted before.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 26, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »

Has anyone caught Obama's comedy routine at the WH correspondent's dinner? Seriously, it's gold! (I especially love the part where he alludes to the Give no Fucks Obama meme!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 26, 2015, 04:34:15 pm »

Has anyone caught Obama's comedy routine at the WH correspondent's dinner? Seriously, it's gold! (I especially love the part where he alludes to the Give no Fucks Obama meme!)

I was surprised to glance in here this morning and find no one talking about it.  I was impressed with the part where he scares away the anger translator while talking about climate change.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1643 on: April 26, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »

I was expecting to start with "Welcome, I hope you all enjoy your meals- we searched your emails to find out your favorites ahead of time..."

But yeah, the anger translator was fun and carefully calculated to gently remind the undecided black voter which side got a black president in first.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 28, 2015, 09:19:58 am »

So...in case nobody noticed, a major American city is losing its collective shit right now. Ferguson, but with a whole lot more people.

Bad times in Baltimore.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 28, 2015, 09:23:43 am »

Heard a little in passing... words about riots and such, apparently caused by police doing their whole killing thing, again. Haven't looked up any details, though. Baltimore's a long ways away from me, eh.

E: Though looking in to it a bit more, it appears the damage thus far still hasn't matched the last superbowl riot they had there. Very different terminology being used, though :V
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:44:12 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:35 am »

Baltimore
"I see no shame in being violent to be heard," she said. "Because if you can't do it peacefully than what other option do you have."

Well, I do agree with that line.  What else can you do if you have no sympathetic ear that is willing/able to enact change that would address the issues they have?

Apparently it is over the death of some black guy who somehow received some spinal injury while under police custody.  It was eventually fatal.
Even if he had those injuries before hand, they could have given him medical care... can't spin either possibilities in a positive light.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 28, 2015, 10:23:48 am »

As mentioned in another thread - every officer involved has been suspended pending criminal investigation, the police union admits the possibility of misconduct, and the mayor of Baltimore has gone on the record as taking extra care with this case because of a history of police abuses, all within less than a week of the death.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 28, 2015, 10:27:39 am »

There's apparently more to it, but yeah, the guy that died was either beaten before hand (which would mean the police report on the situation was lying, as it claimed nothing of the sort) or given a "rough ride"* that's apparently not exactly uncommon in baltimore.

And that's good to hear, LS. Probably won't really have much of an effect on the situation on the ground -- there seems to be a lot of built up tension in that city regarding police conduct -- but it's something of a good sign.

*Which is where police handcuff someone, then stick them in the back of a vehicle without a seatbelt or whathaveyou, letting them get bounced around and slammed into, y'know, whatever's back there, on the way to jail. It's apparently happened often enough and violently enough that the baltimore police have paid out a fairly significant amount of cash in reparations regarding them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 28, 2015, 10:43:18 am »

Obviously they're not taking enough of the reparations costs out of the police's paychecks. That's the best way to reign in these sorts of things. That and always-on cameras pointing inside and outside in every direction from the police car.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 1342