Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543487 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Is Terrifying
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2015, 03:29:58 pm »

intelligence
This was your first mistake.

Actually, though, I'm reasonably confident that she's fairly intelligent and simply has no intention of winning. Those book deals and talk show appearances aren't going to motivate themselves, you know.

I was being sarcastic, although it's nice to have confirmation.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2015, 03:30:55 pm »

Moved this edit down here since you'd already replied:

In the interests of actually answering the question, she's fairly conservative but she tends to base the things she says entirely on stereotypes and vague generalities. Getting her to say something specific is hard, her reasoning tends to be purely impulsive, and she has a great talent for gaffes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2015, 03:33:17 pm »

Ah, I see. Thank you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2015, 04:03:35 pm »

What, is she on another book tour or something? I'm betting she doesn't actually run.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Megathread- 2016 Edition
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2015, 04:13:06 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is great news for comedy!

Could someone give me a brief on Palin? The name is familiar but I have no idea what her particular brand of intelligence is.

This is the best brief on Sarah Palin.

Transcipt

Can anyone else catch the highly relevant foreboding comment in this exchange?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:22:33 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »

Potato.

Speaking of which, since 2016 is apparently a bad mash-up fanfiction of every campaign of the last two decades, can we drag Dan Quayle out of retirement?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2015, 06:19:45 pm »

Hillary Clinton
Joe Biden
Elizabeth Warren

Jeb Bush
Rick Santorum
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
Mitt "Mittens" Romney
Sarah Palin

It's like Fantasy Football but with politicians.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is great news for comedy!

Could someone give me a brief on Palin? The name is familiar but I have no idea what her particular brand of intelligence is.

This is the best brief on Sarah Palin.

Transcipt

Can anyone else catch the highly relevant foreboding comment in this exchange?

Palin? Now it's going to be FUN.

Also, Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney had a secret (well, secret as in closed doors, the fact that they were having a meeting wasn't a secret) meeting in Utah. No idea if they're planning on a possible Bush-Romney ticket or an alliance of some sort, but way too early to know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2015, 11:46:00 pm »

... well, the rant on Jeb and education got shanghai'd, so I figure I'll ask the question again: How the hell has Jeb scraped together a positive notation in regards to education? Like, I'm asking who's saying this, where they're from, and what they're using to justify the position.

Because insofar as I'm aware, everything education related Jeb has touched has basically turned to shit, and his reputation among educators in Florida is just freaking terrible. Most everyone related to the education system that's actually aware of what he did, really. Administrators, students, teachers, parents, related institutions (libraries and whatnot that are involved with schools)... this guy basically pissed off everyone and shat all over 'em. It's been years since the blighter buggered off and I still hear hateful invocations related to the bastard.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2015, 11:55:08 pm »

Well, to speak for myself, before you and some other people explained it, all I knew about Jeb Bush is that he's G.W. Bush's younger brother and used to be the governor of Florida.

Just wait until the campaigns get rolling and the digging REALLY begins.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Megathread- 2016 Edition
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2015, 12:01:07 am »

I heard about that. From what I read, it's basically a giant scam.

Politics in a nutshell

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2015, 03:05:06 pm »

So I looked to Wikipedia for information who is actually currently running on the democratic ticket.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Jeff Boss
Conspiracy theorist and perennial candidate from New Jersey

Boss filed as a 2016 candidate in 2012.[1]

Vermin Supreme
Performance artist and perennial candidate from Massachusetts
(Website)

Vermin Supreme    Supreme initially announced his intention to run in 2016 during his 2012 presidential campaign.[2] He confirmed his candidacy in May 2014[3][4]

Robby Wells
Former head football coach at Savannah State University; Candidate for the 2012 presidential nomination of the Constitution Party

Wells declared his 2016 presidential candidacy in November 2012.[5] After initially announcing he would run as an independent candidate, Wells later declared his intentions to instead seek the presidential nomination of the Democratic Party.
Jim Webb has an exploratory committee, so it's not entirely a clown show. Still, I think a democratic debate would clear things up: Football coach, Vermin Supreme, or "NSA did 9/11" truther? The options.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2015, 03:06:21 pm »

I voted for Vermin Supreme last time. True story. We'll soon see if the field is equally disappointing this time around.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2015, 03:11:53 pm »

It's kind of disturbing how much I'm not joking when I say I want Vermin Supreme to be President of the United States.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2015, 09:17:38 pm »

The dems are kind of stuck in the 'is hillary going to run, y/n' loop. They'd better get started before the republicans get a good head start on them. Also, Misko, you should have gone to the page for the candidates for the two parties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_candidates,_2016

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_candidates,_2016

Also, apparently Donald Trump has expressed intrest. No, just no. Also, when he made a stab at it the previous time (never got to the debates though), it sounded initially like he has some good ideas, but he quickly came off as a jerk.

The democratic potential lineup seems a whole lot smaller for some reason or other.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1342