Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544786 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9900 on: January 19, 2016, 10:26:16 pm »

She knew that it was against policy, but continued to do it. Knew about someone getting fired for the same thing. Continued to do it.

Blatant disregard.

I think that the lack of blatantness rather speaks for itself.

Seems a pretty reasonable use of blatant to me.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: January 19, 2016, 10:44:00 pm »

I think you mean Prime Minister, the President position in Germany isn't much more than a figurehead and diplomatic position, so I'm told.
Heh, we don't even have a prime minister - you're talking about the position of chancellor :P
But yeah, those jokes would've made me ineligible for any of those positions if they had been recorded.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:50:45 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: January 19, 2016, 10:47:44 pm »

Palin backs Trump.

As an aside, is it necessary to be pro-life to be properly conservative in 'murrica?

In glorious Conservativia, moderate views are heresy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:02 pm »

I think you mean Prime Minister, the President position in Germany isn't much more than a figurehead and diplomatic position, so I'm told.
Heh, we don't even have a prime minister - you're talking about the position of chancellor :P
But yeah, those jokes would've made me ineligible for any of those positions if they had been recorded.

I thought the Chancellor position was the same thing as Prime Minister?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:32 pm »

Seems a pretty reasonable use of blatant to me.

It's blatantly not blatant.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9905 on: January 19, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »

Imagine if someone went through your life with a fine tooth comb.  If they wouldn't find some where or other that you slipped up you are a much better person then me.  Yet everyone is shocked, shocked that the fishing expedition was able to turn up this trivial bullshit.  If this is the best they can turn up after so much scrutiny I think that speaks rather well to the womans character.
Hell, I've made like ten Holocaust jokes in the past week - and even one would be sufficient to keep me from ever getting elected in my country. And I hope you all agree that I'd make for at least an acceptable president :3
Helgo you're not supposed to be edgy D:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: January 19, 2016, 11:08:09 pm »

Trade secrets exist for precedent.

But yeah, finding a jury is probably the Really Hard BitTM.

Trade secrets like the specific recipe to something or a manufacturing method is one thing, national secrets are another thing entirely.

Find some dudes who speak the relevant language from a different country who have no vested interest whatsoever other than 'we'll pay you if you're honest, and sue you if you get bribed'.

How even would that work? Besides, jurors don't get paid in the first place (other than maybe compensation for their time).
Jury pay is a thing that happens. Because it's less than what I make at work, though, I would submit my time sheet to corporate and they'd reimburse me for regular pay.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: January 19, 2016, 11:10:45 pm »

I'm not being edgy, just truthful. And obnoxious, at least when you go drinking with me.
I thought the Chancellor position was the same thing as Prime Minister?
Effectively yes - they're both heads of government. But 'The Iron Prime Ministerette' doesn't really have a ring to it now, does it?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: January 19, 2016, 11:40:11 pm »

As an aside, is it necessary to be pro-life to be properly conservative in 'murrica?
Yeah, more or less. Conceptually there's conservatives that are indifferent or pro-choice, but so far as I'm aware they don't get elected (at least if they're vocal enough about it anyone knows of it, anyway).

Honestly, most of don't seem to even be particularly able to get away with being anything that's not functionally opposed to women's health in general, virulently so on the reproductive side of things. One of the nastier entanglements the party's had with the religious subgroups.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: January 19, 2016, 11:40:33 pm »

Trade secrets exist for precedent.

But yeah, finding a jury is probably the Really Hard BitTM.

Trade secrets like the specific recipe to something or a manufacturing method is one thing, national secrets are another thing entirely.
Yes, but there's precedent for keeping sensitive materials out of the record.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9910 on: January 20, 2016, 01:04:14 am »

Palin backs Trump.

This is less of a criticism of Trump as it is a criticism of Palin, by this point.

And sadly, yes, at least if you think of it as the BlueTribe-RedTribe split.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: January 20, 2016, 01:06:59 am »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-19/uk-debates-petition-to-ban-trump/7097368

British MPs have spent three hours in the House of Commons debating whether to ban US presidential hopeful Donald Trump from the UK.

The debate was sparked by a petition, signed by more than 570,000 people, calling for Mr Trump to be banned from entering the UK after his comments about Muslims and Mexicans.

MPs from all sides criticised Mr Trump during the heated discussion, branding him an "attention seeker", a "fool", a "buffoon", a "demagogue" and a "wazzock" — British slang for a stupid or annoying person.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: January 20, 2016, 05:31:13 am »

I approve.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: January 20, 2016, 05:31:58 am »

...Wow.
I like the epithets.
Now calling Trump a waazzock at all opportunities to possibly mention it.

I approve.
+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: January 20, 2016, 05:34:55 am »

My only regret in that regard is that I am not British, and as such could not contribute to the petition.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1342