Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546355 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9660 on: January 14, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »

Too bad it wasn't Gregorian. Or some of that freaky Tibetan two-voice stuff.

So, is the conflating border security with radical Islam a thing now? Islamexicans is a real GOP bugaboo?

Also, Rubio-Cruz are so cute when they fight.

EDIT: Yeah, this is definitely a pro-establishment crowd tonight. Booing Trump and Cruz? Applauding Jeb and Rubio?

@smjjames: That's a standard tactic of the GOP, to basically say "America is the greatest country in the world. And everything in it sucks now and is broken." It's a fun little bit of cognitive dissonance.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:13:44 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: January 14, 2016, 11:13:41 pm »

EDIT: Nice move by Trump there -- touch of a Cincinnatus thing by promising to step away from all his wealth for the good of the country.
Did he?  Sounded more like he's letting a couple of lieutenants manage it for him, but he seemed to be dodging the question about putting money in a trust.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: January 14, 2016, 11:14:49 pm »

EDIT: Nice move by Trump there -- touch of a Cincinnatus thing by promising to step away from all his wealth for the good of the country.
Did he?  Sounded more like he's letting a couple of lieutenants manage it for him, but he seemed to be dodging the question about putting money in a trust.
Yeah, but that nuance is going to be lost on most of the people inclined to support him.

And look at Jeb, getting all fiesty!

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: January 14, 2016, 11:16:03 pm »

Since when was the American military weak? This seems to be something everyone on stage agrees on.
Inability to kill everybody else on the planet at will = weak
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: January 14, 2016, 11:16:41 pm »

Since when was the American military weak? This seems to be something everyone on stage agrees on.

They think the military should be rippling with muscle like Zeus, with nukes for nipples.

Too bad it wasn't Gregorian. Or some of that freaky Tibetan two-voice stuff.

So, is the conflating border security with radical Islam a thing now? Islamexicans is a real GOP bugaboo?

Also, Rubio-Cruz are so cute when they fight.

EDIT: Yeah, this is definitely a pro-establishment crowd tonight. Booing Trump and Cruz? Applauding Jeb and Rubio?

@smjjames: That's a standard tactic of the GOP, to basically say "America is the greatest country in the world. And everything in it sucks now and is broken." It's a fun little bit of cognitive dissonance.

Cruz didn't seem to be booed all that much. At least we see how Trump interacts with an unfriendly crowd for once.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: January 14, 2016, 11:19:29 pm »

Crowd was booing him pretty harsh when he fired back after Rubio's onslaught.

And then Jeb's all like "Pfft....this is why the Senate be a bunch of wack-ass bitches, amirite?"

Have to say, I think it's been a good night for Bush and Rubio. Losers are probably Carson and Christie and maybe Cruz (he got accused of a LOT of flip-flopping)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: January 14, 2016, 11:27:08 pm »

Closing Statements, baby.

Kasich: I'm totally a blue collar populist who's gonna take down the liberal Man, man.
Bush: Florida is great, as you can clearly see. Please, please suddenly vote for me.
Christie: Yes...feel the disgust, the despair of the new Liberal America. Accept the blessing of the only true god, Nurgle.
Carson: We gotta stop the interest groups, maaaan, #CarsonBlazeIt.
Rubio: God wants you to be a capitalist, but the Unamericans among us are workers of inequity. We must dissent.
Cruz: BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI OBAMA IS A FUCKING TRAITOR RISE UP AND FUCK THE SYSTEM, FUCK CLINTON, GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Trump: Hey, remember that Iranian thing that happened yesterday? That we got them back proves the deal is bad.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: January 14, 2016, 11:27:44 pm »

Cruz had a big loss when he insulted New York and Trump blocked with 9/11.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: January 14, 2016, 11:28:27 pm »

Closing Statements!!

Kasich: Americans feel like politics is hardmode, but my grandfather had black lung and my grandmother couldn't speak English and...where was I going with this again? God Bless America.

Bush: I know what I'm doing. Vote for me.

Christie: Fuck that SOTU, right? America needs to fight. Fight terrorists. Fight special interests. Fight a cripple over a bottle of vodka. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

Carson: As I've traveled, I've met so Americans who are discouraged and angry. And I'm one of them because my campaign is fucked.

Rubio: Obama wants to make America like the rest of the world, which is worse than sodomizing a flaming puppy.

Cruz: When I'm elected, political correctness will DIE. I will kill it with my bare hands.

Trump: I watched 75 construction workers cry because 10 sailors were detained for less than a day and released unharmed. Worst hostage crisis ever.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: January 14, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »

Ironic, considering Trump outright said everything the New York Times prints is lies.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: January 14, 2016, 11:30:10 pm »

Was kinda nice seeing Carson chat with that token black guy in the audience. I guess they'd have a lot to chat about.

Cruz really seemed to be under attack almost the whole debate. From Trump early on, from Rubio later.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: January 14, 2016, 11:31:28 pm »

I know it started as a dank meme, but I'm seriously starting to believe that Ben Carson is constantly baked on something. Maybe more vicodin than weed, but that man is not sober.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: January 14, 2016, 11:32:07 pm »

I've been saying that for MONTHS. Sober dudes just don't talk like that. Or do the blinking thing and the "i'mma take a deep breath to try and clear my head before I say the next crazy shit that comes into my mind" thing.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: January 14, 2016, 11:33:42 pm »

Damn, missed it. Sounds like this was a good one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: January 14, 2016, 11:35:20 pm »

Ben Carson seemed less stoned than usual at this debate.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1342