Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548666 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #8715 on: December 25, 2015, 07:42:07 am »

LW, do you think pedophile choose to be attracted to children? If someone do feel attracted to children but keeps his urges in check, why should we condemn it? He literally did nothing wrong!

If they could keep control and thought they were able, nobody would know they were pedofiles.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: December 25, 2015, 07:57:23 am »

LW, do you think pedophile choose to be attracted to children? If someone do feel attracted to children but keeps his urges in check, why should we condemn it? He literally did nothing wrong!

If they could keep control and thought they were able, nobody would know they were pedofiles.
Wouldn't they be in jail then?  Or at the least, court or with some sort of court record.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: December 25, 2015, 09:10:15 am »

Unless they choose to discuss their urges with people.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: December 25, 2015, 09:24:03 am »

Like, if they're trying to get help to overcome them.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: December 25, 2015, 10:31:49 am »

Oh right, there is the sex offender list too.  16-18 year olds getting on that.  Wouldn't be too farfetched for some people to want thought crime to get on that too I reckon.
Justice
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: December 25, 2015, 10:42:20 am »

Oh right, there is the sex offender list too.  16-18 year olds getting on that.  Wouldn't be too farfetched for some people to want thought crime to get on that too I reckon.
Justice

Some people believe that the thought is the same as the action.

I'm not one of those people though. That's a stupid idea. There is such a thing as control.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: December 25, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

I wont weigh in here either way.

what i will do instead, is ask about a glaring double standard:

Most of the people saying that the pedophile can exercise such control, claim that teenagers cannot. If abstainance only sex ed fails because the sexual impulse is just too strong, how can the same message apply to pedophiles who must always remain abstainant to stay legal? After all, the pedo is a teenager at some point themselves.

Food for thought, no?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: December 25, 2015, 12:57:04 pm »

Does the abstinence thing also preach against masturbation? 'cause you don't need to have sex to get your rocks off.

Sex is a biological need (for most) so it's something that needs to be addressed. Obviously a paedophile masturbating to child abuse isn't really controlling anything (indirect abuse) but they don't necessarily have to watch anything to keep their urges in check.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: December 25, 2015, 01:05:15 pm »

nope. spanking the monkey and groovin to the jelly bean are just fine in abstainence only sex ed.

but the numbers show that it does not work.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: December 25, 2015, 01:21:58 pm »

Most of the people saying that the pedophile can exercise such control, claim that teenagers cannot. If abstainance only sex ed fails because the sexual impulse is just too strong, how can the same message apply to pedophiles who must always remain abstainant to stay legal? After all, the pedo is a teenager at some point themselves.

1) You're comparing average with individuals. If 10% of teens ignore sex ed and do stupid thing, the program is a failure, even if 90% of people can control themselves.

2) What exactly are you suggesting? Jailing people who have never done anything? If anything, you're going to prevent pedophiles from getting help.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: December 25, 2015, 01:36:55 pm »

1) You're comparing average with individuals. If 10% of teens ignore sex ed and do stupid thing, the program is a failure, even if 90% of people can control themselves.

2) What exactly are you suggesting? Jailing people who have never done anything? If anything, you're going to prevent pedophiles from getting help.

1) so are you.  if 10% of pedophiles ignore the law, and do a stupid thing like abuse a child, then the program is a failure, even if a large number are able to purpetually restrain themselves. (being sexually abused as a child strongly correlates with abusing children in adult life later. the goal is to stop this cycle.)

2) I am not suggesting anything. As I said, i wont weigh in either way. I was just pointing out an unpleasant logical inconsistency with the position others have taken.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: December 25, 2015, 01:37:41 pm »

nope. spanking the monkey and groovin to the jelly bean are just fine in abstainence only sex ed.

but the numbers show that it does not work.

What numbers?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: December 25, 2015, 01:40:20 pm »

The ones presented to the department of health and human services.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Sex/story?id=3048738&page=1

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: December 25, 2015, 01:43:36 pm »

As I said, i wont weigh in either way. I was just pointing out an unpleasant logical inconsistency with the position others have taken.

There is no such logical inconsistency, because no one proposed abstinence-based sex ed as the only too to prevent sexual abuse of children. There is just a bunch of us saying that a pedophile that hasn't actually acted isn't acutally doing anything wrong, and LW who is saying that we are defending children-fucking.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: December 25, 2015, 01:52:06 pm »

Food for thought, no?

I'm gonna go with no it is not food for thought.  It's an argument through false analogy.  Because people X make mistake A, you argue that it's inevitable that people Y will make mistake B.  Well for any group Z and mistake C that would be equally valid.  So all drivers are murders because we dont know they wont drive drunk and kill someone.  All husbands are wife beaters because we dont know they wont get angry and become abusive.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1342