Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548867 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6075 on: November 06, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

126?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: November 06, 2015, 03:51:56 pm »

The page number is only viewable by the dankest of default ppp gangstas.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: November 06, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »

The page number is only viewable by the dankest of default ppp gangstas.  ::)
667 - 1, hmm?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: November 06, 2015, 04:23:52 pm »

How do you go about going to the United States Military Academy without a scholarship? (disregarding certain foreign nationals and washouts)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: November 06, 2015, 04:28:16 pm »

How do you go about going to the United States Military Academy without a scholarship? (disregarding certain foreign nationals and washouts)
You apply, are accepted, and go?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: November 06, 2015, 04:50:41 pm »

But WP is tuition-free, as far as I can tell. It's kinda part of the gig, they pay for you to go there in exchange for service.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: November 06, 2015, 05:38:08 pm »

Applying and being accepted into usma means that the Army is paying for it
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: November 06, 2015, 05:52:19 pm »

Applying and being accepted into usma means that the Army is paying for it
Apparently Carson didn't realize that the service academies don't work quite the same as traditional schools like Stab U.

In a move sure to push LGBT rights back onto the forefront of the Presidential debate, the Mormon church has officially apostatized same-sex unions. Even more interesting, they're apostasizing the children of anyone in a same-sex union, even if the child is heterosexual.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: November 06, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »

As far as I can tell, does that just mean they're kicking out everyone whose related to same-sex marriage, or is it more specific?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: November 06, 2015, 06:00:55 pm »

Kicking actual LGBT married couples out with their children; I'm not sure, but I don't think the LDS has anything similar to disfellowship, disconnection, or cherem.  Though, I can't help but be amused by the phrase "'"hunted down and threatened with the inhumane and barbaric' church disciplinary procedures."  I really shouldn't be, precisely because of those three things, but it just seems so odd in this day and age in the Western world.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:02:26 pm by Culise »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: November 06, 2015, 06:01:51 pm »

As far as I can tell, does that just mean they're kicking out everyone whose related to same-sex marriage, or is it more specific?
The way I read it, they're kicking out any Mormons in a same-sex union, or any who are children (natural or adopted) of a parent in a same-sex union, *unless* that child is an adult, does not live with the parent, and agrees to disavow same-sex unions. Basically, you have to kind of disown your gay parent to stay in the church or become a Mormon.

Not like I needed another reason to say "Fuck the LDS", but hey -- it's another reason. I'm honestly still surprised the LDS has a following in the 21st century. It's the 19th century equivalent of Scientology.

EDIT: @Culise -- No, they do. They erase your name form all church records. Which, since they believe that only those "sealed" in the Church will enter the Kingdom of Heaven (or fly off to Kobol or whatever the fuck), then they're effectively revoking your "Get Out of Hell Free" card.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:04:05 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: November 06, 2015, 06:09:36 pm »

Maybe they'll even going back to saying that black people are the descendants of the 1/3rd humans who sympathized with Satan during the war over creation (no, seriously, church doctrine until 1978).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: November 06, 2015, 06:15:49 pm »

I'd kinda love to see LDS and Scientology merge and syncretize their cosmologies.

"Black people are allied with Xemu! We need this magic underwear to properly clear our engrams and purge ourselves of rogue Thetan Nephilim! Caffeine and psychology are tools of the Great Adversary!"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: November 06, 2015, 06:16:08 pm »

EDIT: @Culise -- No, they do. They erase your name form all church records. Which, since they believe that only those "sealed" in the Church will enter the Kingdom of Heaven (or fly off to Kobol or whatever the fuck), then they're effectively revoking your "Get Out of Hell Free" card.
Ah, I see.  Does that also require all Mormons to have no social interactions with you whatsoever; basically, a Church-wide shunning?  It seems to me that a lot of churches say that if you don't follow them, you'll go to Hell (or some equivalent) already, so that doesn't seem too exceptional by Christian standards. 

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: November 06, 2015, 06:22:19 pm »

Dunno.

But consider that for most Protestant denominations, there's no hierarchy, so while a preacher may tell you you're going to Hell, they don't have the power to enforce that in a theological sense. Churches like the LDS and Catholicism, there's a dogmatic way to actually remove you from the "ranks of the redeemed". Which may seem laughable to non-believers, but consider the plight of someone who is a devout Mormon and fully believes that they're going to hell unless they denounce their own parent?

Excommunication is no joke to those who actually believe in what they're being excommunicated from.

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1342