Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545606 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump's Narcissism Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #3660 on: August 19, 2015, 08:33:23 pm »

My new favorite past time: reading conservative sites that have any coverage of Donald Trump that is in the least bit less than pure verbal fellatio, and then reading the comment section on those stories.

Dear God...
These people make Palin's supporters look downright civil and well-reasoned. We're talking open admiration of fascism, open use of white supremacist language, and pretty much vitriolic denigration of the authors and anyone who isn't a white Anglo-Saxon male who wants to see the country purged of mudbloods and deviants.

It would be breathtaking, if it weren't real, and it weren't in the fucking country I live in

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 19, 2015, 08:38:03 pm »

wants to see the country purged of mudbloods

This is the way all conservative politics should be discussed.  Voldemort scares me less then republicans.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 19, 2015, 08:48:49 pm »

Actually, that term was used by one of the posters I was referring to. As an epithet towards Jeb Bush because of his Muggle..I mean Mexican wife.

So...the GOP is House Slytherin, the Tea Party have become Death-Eaters...who's Snape? And where are the fucking Horcruxes?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 19, 2015, 08:54:48 pm »

I think the metaphor is limited.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: August 19, 2015, 09:10:30 pm »

And where are the fucking Horcruxes?

Its the wig. Obviously the first one.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:09 pm »

And where are the fucking Horcruxes?

Its the wig. Obviously the first one.
Hairy Potter and the Half-Wit Who Would Be King

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3666 on: August 19, 2015, 11:23:58 pm »

We're talking open admiration of fascism, open use of white supremacist language, and pretty much vitriolic denigration of the authors and anyone who isn't a white Anglo-Saxon male who wants to see the country purged of mudbloods and deviants.

You know what the best part is? He isn't even that conservative. They don't like him because of his views, or because of his stated policies, they like him purely because he's an asshole. He could probably switch all the way to the left and start promoting stalinism, and as log as he did it in a dickish enough manner, he wouldn't even lose that many supporters from it. Tell me that's not fucking hilarious.  :P

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 19, 2015, 11:27:58 pm »

Different voters have different priorities.  If you care about immigration but not about healthcare, Trump is the most conservative candidate.  If you care about healthcare but not immigration, he's maybe the most liberal.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: August 20, 2015, 12:48:46 am »

Which led to Ann Coulter's weird-ass tweet the other day that after reading Trump's immigration plan, she "didn't care if he personally performs abortions in the White House".

She's also gotten involved in a feud between conservative blogger/pundit Rick Wilson and Breitbart.com over Wilson's article labelling Trumpites as "low-information voters", which prompted Wilson to ask "Does Trump pay you more for anal?"

Oh, the juicy schadenfreude...Republican infighting makes any and all Democratic infighting seem like a family squabble over who gets to pick the movie after dinner, as opposed to a Crips vs. Bloods free-for-all. It's a slow-motion Night of the Long Knives.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: August 20, 2015, 05:15:16 am »

It's a slow-motion Night of the Long Knives.
Not a good thing, really. The original gave us the Battle of Stalingrad, the total destruction of large parts of Europe, and the worst genocide in human history.

Not that I'm calling the comparison inaccurate.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: August 20, 2015, 05:17:20 am »

it's a very good thing, america could use some wars on its own soil

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: August 20, 2015, 09:14:05 am »

It might not be the best analogy since nobody's died yet. But yeah, with Trump showing no sign of slowing down and the split in the republican party looking deeper, it's looking more like the republicans will legitimately split into two.

And let's not ignore the fact that he's been creeping up on Hillarys numbers.

Also, yesterday, when he was at that town hall (I thought you usually take questions in a town hall, not speak the whole time), he mentioned about the Great Wall of China, not sure if he actually wants to build the equivalent of the Great Wall of China or he was using it as an analogy and wielding it badly.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: August 20, 2015, 09:43:09 am »

Does he wield them any other way?

And yeah, it won't really be a NotLK until people start getting arrested/killed. But the way in which the NSDAP purged itself of more moderate elements (and keep in mind, we're still talking moderate Nazis here...like "let's confiscate all Jewish property and kick them out" as opposed to genocide) bears some similarity to the language being used by the more...enthusiastic members of the Trump fanbase to talk about Republican politicians and pundits. I've seen more than a few insinuate that John Boehner and Mitch McConnell should be executed as traitors. There's also the way that anyone who dares say "Well, but that guy isn't bad" (Ted Cruz, for instance) gets ostracized and labelled as an obvious DemoCrap commie n*gger-loving America-hating cuckservative troll.

It's become a cult of personality, and looking at things like what happened to Trotsky or Strasser or Marat, I'd be worried as hell at Trump getting elected if I were an anti-Trump Republican.

That small, tight knot of crazy in the Tea Party wing of the GOP keeps getting tighter and crazier. I've already seen calls for civil war if Trump loses either the nomination or the general election. Granted, I think those people have called for civil war every cycle since 2008 but still, that thought is out there and circulating.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: August 20, 2015, 09:51:54 am »

Granted, I think those people have called for civil war every cycle since 2008 but still, that thought is out there and circulating.

http://www.theonion.com/article/clinton-declares-self-president-for-life-191

I can't tell if you guys are being serious here.  Do I need to start detailing all the ways that Donald Trump is not like Hitler?  Have we reeeeeeeally reached that point?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: August 20, 2015, 09:58:38 am »

Just because some of Trumps followers are crazies like Nazis and whatnot doesn't mean Trump is a Nazi
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1342