Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545610 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #2625 on: June 29, 2015, 01:42:30 am »

Ben Carson won with 26%
IIIIIIITTTTSSSSSS

HAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNIIINNNNNNNGGGG
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: June 29, 2015, 03:07:31 am »

I, ignorant foreigner that I am, don't even know who that is. The name "Ben Carson" only lead my mind to entertainment or a tv host or something?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2627 on: June 29, 2015, 05:49:58 am »

It's not happening

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: June 29, 2015, 09:52:41 am »

I, ignorant foreigner that I am, don't even know who that is. The name "Ben Carson" only lead my mind to entertainment or a tv host or something?

He is the ex-CEO of a small to medium sized pizza chain.

And straw polls are meaningless so dont expect to ever hear the name again.  The dude is polling like 1%.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: June 29, 2015, 09:53:30 am »

From Wikipedia:
Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson, Sr. (born September 18, 1951) is an American author and retired Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon. He was the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins joined at the head. In 2008 he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W. Bush.

After delivering a widely publicized speech at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast, he became a popular conservative figure in political media for his views on social and political issues.[1] Carson is running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: June 29, 2015, 10:08:25 am »

He is the ex-CEO of a small to medium sized pizza chain.

Not sure if snarky or just plain dumb.
:fry.jpeg

Yes, straw polls mean nothing when it comes to winning primaries. BUT, they are worth paying attention to, because they're indicative of where the energy is. The people participating in these polls are typically the ones who will crawl over broken glass to defeat Hillary Cli-- I mean, whoever the Democratic nominee is, because it's not like the Democrats coronated their Queen months ago... ::)

Bush has decent poll numbers but ZERO enthusiasm among the die-hards. Carson and Fiorina have enthusiasm but atrocious poll numbers (though some of that could simply be lack of recognition, as evidenced by the last couple of posts). Of course, as we saw in the last GOP presidential cycle, it's a bit like a losing football team -- the backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town. An insurgent candidate is only popular till he becomes the frontrunner.

But Walker seems to be generating a good amount of enthusiasm, *and* has national recognition, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps the Democrats did him an unintentional favor by seeking a recall and getting his name plastered all over the news a couple years back.

We're only a little over a month to the first debate, and it's going to be interesting to see how that goes. Unless the media frenzy dies down significantly, Trump is going to be on that stage with nine people secretly hoping his hair climbs down his throat and strangles him on national TV. Because right now, the only silver lining to a Trump run is that he could potentially be the "bad cop" and allow a Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush to play the good cop to would-be Hispanic voters. Otherwise, he's just cementing the popular image of Republicans as the party of rich white assholes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: June 29, 2015, 10:13:05 am »

There's nothing plain about how dumb I am.

Yeah but Ben Carson, Hermain Cain, doesn't matter neither of them will win.  If they were actually in danger of winning the republican party would go into "OHSHIT" mode.  Then you have republican critics come out of the woodwork saying that the man isn't conservative, can't be trusted around scissors, is secretly gay, etc.  Doesn't need to be true, you just overwhelm someone who has never experienced politics with a level of slime that will make their heads spin.  We got a tiny taste of this when Gingrich was polling ahead for five minutes.  If someone even scarier was polling further ahead we would really see the floodgates open.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: June 29, 2015, 10:18:03 am »

Supreme Court rules energy producer profits are more important than public health.

Ok, not totally fair.  But if anyone would like an example of why we get the environment we deserve, this would be one of them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: June 29, 2015, 11:25:16 am »

There's nothing plain about how dumb I am.

Yeah but Ben Carson, Hermain Cain, doesn't matter neither of them will win.  If they were actually in danger of winning the republican party would go into "OHSHIT" mode.  Then you have republican critics come out of the woodwork saying that the man isn't conservative, can't be trusted around scissors, is secretly gay, etc.  Doesn't need to be true, you just overwhelm someone who has never experienced politics with a level of slime that will make their heads spin.  We got a tiny taste of this when Gingrich was polling ahead for five minutes.  If someone even scarier was polling further ahead we would really see the floodgates open.
At the risk of sounding like I'm defending the GOP...why? Because "OH SHIT A BLACK DUDE"??

While that might be true of some of the rank-and-file, I think there are plenty of Republicans who would be willing to take a chance on electing a black man from within their ranks, if it looks like he still has the same "fuck the poor/gays/Muslims/government/unions" mentality that they do. And so far, Carson seems to.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: June 29, 2015, 11:26:47 am »

Not because he is black but because he would be a dangerous loose cannon.

Oh hey we are both saying the GOP isn't racist.  What is this, opposite day?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: June 29, 2015, 11:29:36 am »

You dont have to be racist to be fucked up, stupid, and shamelessly evil.  One can be surprisingly progressive and still hold that placard up.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: June 29, 2015, 11:37:39 am »

He is your glorious light in the darkness.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: June 29, 2015, 01:25:05 pm »

RWW News: Carson: Don't Need To Recognize Gay Marriage Ruling From SCOTUS

Good to see we're following that there Constitution. Such a shame that liberals insist on this wacky "judicial review" thing...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: June 29, 2015, 01:41:52 pm »

Our other favorite lunatic promises to undo the same-sex marriage question by...making SCOTUS justices electable. Never mind that 60% of the American population supports same-sex marriage and would presumably have no trouble voting for justices who would uphold Friday's decision...

EDIT: Only according to deceitful liberal polls, it seems:

Quote from: Ted Cruz
The court's views are radically out of step with public opinion. The Supreme Court follows the opinions of Manhattan and Washington D.C., but it doesn't follow the opinions of America.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:48:35 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: June 29, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »

Our other favorite lunatic promises to undo the same-sex marriage question by...making SCOTUS justices electable. Never mind that 60% of the American population supports same-sex marriage and would presumably have no trouble voting for justices who would uphold Friday's decision...

EDIT: Only according to deceitful liberal polls, it seems:

Quote from: Ted Cruz
The court's views are radically out of step with public opinion. The Supreme Court follows the opinions of Manhattan and Washington D.C., but it doesn't follow the opinions of America.

Good luck passing that Constitutional Amendment.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1342