Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1551677 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #2340 on: June 21, 2015, 06:22:00 am »

In other news, it looks like the FBI director has come down saying the shooting was not an act of terrorism. Apparently the highly political act of violence aimed to goad the country into a violent political schism is not a political act of violence intended to influence a public body or citizenry, according to Comey. Can't seem to find the originating news article (and it's entirely too early in the morning for me to keep looking :V), but a few dozen different ones are showing up with your average google search regarding James Comey.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: June 21, 2015, 07:31:35 am »

And EVERYONE wanted to be Grey, including me.

Dirty xeno sympathizers!
He used to be a confederate, now he's a communist monarch.

Where did you go wrong, man?!
You misspelled 'right'.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: June 21, 2015, 08:23:26 am »

In other news, it looks like the FBI director has come down saying the shooting was not an act of terrorism. Apparently the highly political act of violence aimed to goad the country into a violent political schism is not a political act of violence intended to influence a public body or citizenry, according to Comey. Can't seem to find the originating news article (and it's entirely too early in the morning for me to keep looking :V), but a few dozen different ones are showing up with your average google search regarding James Comey.
Nah, see, you need to be brown to be a terrorist.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: June 21, 2015, 12:26:35 pm »

And EVERYONE wanted to be Grey, including me.

Dirty xeno sympathizers!
Oh god...now I have a burning desire to do an alt-history story where the Greys crash-land in Roswell, Georgia 100 years early, and the CSA starts to win with the help of alien tech, so the Reptiloids replace Abraham Lincoln with one of their own, and the US Civil War becomes a proxy battle in a larger interstellar Cold War.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: June 21, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »

God that's such bullshit. Why am I not surprised though. We've had such a long history of racial violence against blacks in this country with close ties to power that it's inevitable some are unwilling to paint it with the same brush we use for foreign extremists. If it's motivated by some aspect of American culture, can't really be terrorism right? I guess the only way you can get labeled a terrorist is if you're indiscriminate in your attacks, and you kill a lot of people at once. If you're just targeting one group (like black people) and you just kill a few at at a time....well, that's just good old fashioned American violence, that's been going on since the end of the Civil War. Nothing else to see here folks, move it along.

This guy actually managed to kill more people in less time than the Boston Bombers. They were both Americans too. But I guess they were the right color of American to fit the terrorism bill. Wasn't the DC Sniper also ultimately called a terrorist as well?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:48:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: June 21, 2015, 03:04:26 pm »

Forum ate my reply somehow... Anyways...

The Boston bombers were white though, but yeah, hypocrisy all over the place.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: June 21, 2015, 03:15:24 pm »

They were muslim, and showed their near-middle-eastern/<something-not-western>-european heritage. They counted as arab/brown for the xenophobes, I do believe (and yes, I'm pretty intensely aware former USSR or whatever the zog they came from isn't particularly arabic). More importantly in their case, so far as that sort are concerned, they were muslim. Could be fookin' pale white and irish and be brown as far as that sort counts it, if you're muslim.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:17:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: June 21, 2015, 03:22:23 pm »

It's not being brown on the outside that counts, it's being brown on the inside.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: June 21, 2015, 03:33:12 pm »

Anyways, what's the date of the first debate? August something?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: June 21, 2015, 03:35:09 pm »

Isn't that the American Dream in action? The belief that if you work hard and believe, you too one day can become a brown terrorist?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 21, 2015, 04:38:55 pm »

Well, I'm going to play Devil's advocate (and that's being unfair to the devil), but isn't it normal than when she was a part of the Obama administration, she pursued Obama's foreign policy (including the TPP and TTIP), even if she has concerns with those?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 21, 2015, 06:58:26 pm »

They were muslim, and showed their near-middle-eastern/<something-not-western>-european heritage. They counted as arab/brown for the xenophobes, I do believe (and yes, I'm pretty intensely aware former USSR or whatever the zog they came from isn't particularly arabic). More importantly in their case, so far as that sort are concerned, they were muslim. Could be fookin' pale white and irish and be brown as far as that sort counts it, if you're muslim.
May also have to do with the demographic of the victims too. Had the victims been white, it would have been more likely to be called a terrorist attack.

We had that fuckstick white militant atheist that shot three local Muslim students in the head and that wasn't considered an act of terror, or even a hate crime. Because, as we've discussed, white mass shooters are ALWAYS mentally ill lone wolves.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: June 21, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »

the instant assumption is "white guy commits mass shooting = must be a nutter".

To be fair, Dylan Roof does kind of look like he might have some kind of mental disorder
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 21, 2015, 08:14:28 pm »

In 2008 Clinton supported Obama for president.  Now she flip flops.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1342