Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1551629 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #2325 on: June 20, 2015, 05:47:04 am »

Well, it'd be interesting to see how he got there. How was he radicalized? Who pushed him to terrorism? There are many issue that are probably more interesting and fruitful than gun control.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 20, 2015, 02:28:38 pm »

As expected, the NRA's solution to gun violence is more guns.

If a person in that church had pulled out a gun and shot him, I'm almost certain the right wing would implode in a singularity of hypocrisy (... ok, a more dense one, anyway).

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 20, 2015, 02:58:11 pm »

Well, no, it would've actually been the greatest thing since Reagan to happen to the right wing. "Evil terrorist attacks a church, stopped by God's will and bullets!"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 20, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »

Well, no, it would've actually been the greatest thing since Reagan to happen to the right wing. "Evil terrorist attacks a church, stopped by God's will and bullets!"

Or, considering the racial makeup of the incident, 'Teen shot by gang of black thugs inside church!'
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 20, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »

If only he was better armed
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 20, 2015, 04:43:13 pm »

Even if they were legally allowed to have guns in that church, I doubt anyone there would have any. It's South Carolina, in America. Black people get shot for cops thinking they MIGHT have a gun, let alone actually having one.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: June 20, 2015, 07:24:02 pm »

Funny enough, that actually happened a while ago, but it didn't get much coverage.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 20, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »

Funny enough, that actually happened a while ago, but it didn't get much coverage.
Except that if you bother to read the article, it doesn't look like the shooter in that instance had designs on mass killing. Arguments that escalate into single-target shootings happen ALL THE DAMN TIME. Literally, dozens of times each day in the US. And sometimes the shooter is then killed by cops (even off-duty ones).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 20, 2015, 09:52:07 pm »

Except that if you bother to read the article, it doesn't look like the shooter in that instance had designs on mass killing. Arguments that escalate into single-target shootings happen ALL THE DAMN TIME. Literally, dozens of times each day in the US. And sometimes the shooter is then killed by cops (even off-duty ones).

It isn't really clear what the shooter's long term goals were, though, or what they would have done if they weren't stopped. Regardless, I only thought of that particular incident because it actually involved a church. For every mass shooting in the US, it isn't too hard to find a matching incident of a potential shooting pre-emptively stopped by a person with a gun, or a mass shooting in a country with "safer" gun laws.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 20, 2015, 11:32:44 pm »

Weirdly, the debate coming out of all this now seems to be shifting to whether SC should take down the Confederate flag from the Governor's mansion. (As if somehow, the flag is the guilty party here and taking it down will prevent future attacks).

Most of the GOP candidates have either supported taking it down (Jeb Bush) or letting the state decide (pretty much everyone else). But Lindsey Graham, himself a South Cackalackian, is defending it with a zeal that would have made Jeff Davis proud. Graham stated that "the flag is part of who we are". Which could be interpreted to say that racism is core to South Carolinian identity. So thanks for clearing that up, Linds.

Y'know, I'm a proud Southerner with ancestors who fought and died for the CSA in the War Between the States. When I was growing up, when kids would play imaginary shooting games, we didn't play cops-and-robbers, or cowboys-and-indians. We played Blue-And-Grey. And EVERYONE wanted to be Grey, including me.

But when the Stars and Bars is associated with horrendous incidents like this, it makes me want to see it taken down, put in a museum and left there to fade into history as it should have all along.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: June 20, 2015, 11:41:53 pm »

It's a moot point, as the impending systematic destruction of all South Carolinian culture will leave us with a population that couldn't identify a one of those flags (not actually used by the CSA, by the way) if they tried.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: June 20, 2015, 11:46:42 pm »

Considering the highlights of South Carolinian culture are touting midget palm trees and putting mustard on barbecue, I don't know that that's any great loss.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: June 21, 2015, 03:30:22 am »

And EVERYONE wanted to be Grey, including me.

Dirty xeno sympathizers!
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 21, 2015, 04:02:40 am »

And EVERYONE wanted to be Grey, including me.

Dirty xeno sympathizers!
He used to be a confederate, now he's a communist monarch.

Where did you go wrong, man?!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1342