Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548935 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19770 on: June 16, 2016, 02:41:00 pm »

I kind of wonder why so many women support Trump when he clearly doesn't support women.

But then I remember that I live in the world where there are Rap artists who openly rap about having absolutely no respect for women... but whose album are predominately bought by women.
yes. because women are not allowed to think for themselves, must only vote for who the Identity decrees is best
Yup, and its not like there's any other aspect to their personality to appeal to other then the fact they have a vagina! That would be ludicrous!

I dunno in my view the reason it is rather bonkers is: "Yes, lets elect someone who has NO respect for us, or our opinion, and that way we are even further disenfranchised from the government"

He's said a bunch of sexist thing, but that's not the same as saying he doesn't respect no women ever. Frankly, on a lot of women's issues he's probably a step up from your regular republican candidate.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: June 16, 2016, 02:50:34 pm »

Not that that would exactly mean much. Still, he could be. Could be just about anything. Dunno, and couldn't be sure even if he's said something on it. Could change tomorrow. And the day after, and the day after, and...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19772 on: June 16, 2016, 03:22:43 pm »

Not that that would exactly mean much. Still, she could be. Clinton could be just about anything. Dunno, and couldn't be sure even if she's said something on it. Could change tomorrow. And the day after, and the day after, and...

FTFY

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: June 16, 2016, 03:31:17 pm »

You are joking, right?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: June 16, 2016, 03:31:22 pm »

Not that that would exactly mean much. Still, she could be. Clinton could be just about anything. Dunno, and couldn't be sure even if she's said something on it. Could change tomorrow. And the day after, and the day after, and...

FTFY
I don't recall Clinton contradicting herself on a day-to-day basis.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: June 16, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »

FTFY
No, no you didn't. Clinton is the Rock of Gibraltar encased in adamantine compared to Trump. She's actually been pretty consistent on her stated (and pursued, where relevant) policies over the years, whereas Trump... I'm still not entirely sure he knows what his policies are. Am entirely sure what he says on a lot of them monday ends up not being the same thing on tuesday. Clinton at least has the decency to take years before changing tacks (and even then, usually broadly in the same direction), most of the time.
Ask not!
Ask!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: June 16, 2016, 03:36:14 pm »

Ask Clinton what day it is. Ask again the next, then repeat five more times.

Clear history of flip-flopping there, answering the same question seven different ways, all in the same week!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: June 16, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

She's more measured about her contradictions... mostly... day to day, maybe not, but certainly full of contradictions.
Just two off the top of my head:

"We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of work." vs. Coal is here to stay.

And after the Benghazi attack she immediately took responsibility for it but as it remained in the news she started backing off and saying she didn't know anything about it prior.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: June 16, 2016, 03:41:42 pm »

She's more measured about her contradictions... mostly... day to day, maybe not, but certainly full of contradictions.
Just two off the top of my head:

"We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of work." vs. Coal is here to stay.

And after the Benghazi attack she immediately took responsibility for it but as it remained in the news she started backing off and saying she didn't know anything about it prior.

Ask Clinton what day it is. Ask again the next, then repeat five more times.

Clear history of flip-flopping there, answering the same question seven different ways, all in the same week!

So, basically "being a politician" then, yes?
This is a blank sig.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: June 16, 2016, 03:45:25 pm »

The point isn't to quibble over decimal points when you're measuring the difference between how bad each are. The point is they're both terrible options.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: June 16, 2016, 03:51:30 pm »

No Clinton is an excellent option.  You just can't dare to say anything nice about anyone who doesn't agree with your politics.  And frankly you can't expect many career politicians to agree with someone who thinks the US is in a spiral of political repression and military junta.  Develop political opinions more sophisticated then I DONT LIKE THINGS AND ITS THEIR FAULT.  Or just vote Trump.  I mean the man has gone to such lengths to cater to your views.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: June 16, 2016, 04:46:19 pm »

Hillary sucks, Trump sucks, U.S. politics sucks.  I still say we should elect Optimus Prime.

And all I want from politicians is for them to actually act on some kind of principle, not pander to the voter to get elected then immediately sell out to corporate interests.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19782 on: June 16, 2016, 04:52:29 pm »

Hey now. Corporatocracy is a principle, too.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: June 16, 2016, 04:53:50 pm »

You say that as if they don't sell out the moment they start campaigning. The only difference is that some bother to make a slight effort to conceal the fact while they pander to the plebs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1342