Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543880 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19080 on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:08 pm »

I mean you don't want to be a loser, right?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19081 on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:17 pm »

Great for whom?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19082 on: June 07, 2016, 10:21:00 pm »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: June 07, 2016, 10:48:41 pm »

Kindly reminder there is a link to trump's donation page upthread a bit. If you really want to support him, put up the greens. I'm sure his campaign will end up using the money for something important, and not just more cocaine to snort from prostitute nethers.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19084 on: June 07, 2016, 11:03:51 pm »

I'm sure his campaign will end up using the money for something important, and not just more cocaine to snort from prostitute nethers.
I didn't realize Rob Ford was involved in the Trump campaign.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: June 07, 2016, 11:07:01 pm »

Is it at all mathematically possible for Sanders to win the democrat nomination or should I accept my premonition that Hilldawg is gonna be the democrat nominee?
Superdelegates.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19086 on: June 07, 2016, 11:14:38 pm »

I didn't realize Rob Ford was involved in the Trump campaign.
Oh, he's not. But where do you think he learned his ways? Ain't nobody that knows hookers and blow better than a conservative politician.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19087 on: June 07, 2016, 11:42:29 pm »

It's funny, I spent some time on AltHist in the years leading up to 2016, and pretty much all of the future timelines agreed: Only Marco Rubio and Hilary Clinton can become President. Time will tell if they were all right, or so, so very wrong.
This intrigues me. I want to know more. How may I achieve that?

Is it at all mathematically possible for Sanders to win the democrat nomination or should I accept my premonition that Hilldawg is gonna be the democrat nominee?
Superdelegates.
I don't believe it is completely impossible for Sanders to win currently. In fact I definitely believe it is technically possible for him to win. I also believe, based only on what we know right now (as opposed to complete surprises from left-field), that there is no reason to believe that he will win. It's not physically impossible, but I can't imagine it happening based on the known knowns and the known unknowns. Basically, unless you are the type to spend money on $100K jackpot lotto tickets I would stop hoping Sanders will win.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19088 on: June 07, 2016, 11:47:42 pm »

The only way Sanders is going to win is if Hillary and Trump both suffer unfortunate accidents.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:32 pm »

It's funny, I spent some time on AltHist in the years leading up to 2016, and pretty much all of the future timelines agreed: Only Marco Rubio and Hilary Clinton can become President. Time will tell if they were all right, or so, so very wrong.
This intrigues me. I want to know more. How may I achieve that?
You could register an account at AltHist (the Future History forum is only visible to users), but I wouldn't bother. Their moderation is horrible, and I mean all the way down to "ban people for disagreeing with me and without consistent enforcement". I could feasibly get banned for saying that here, but I don't use my account anymore.

Before you ask, no, I'm not butthurt. I never got so much as a warning myself, but witnessed a lot of bad practice and have had discussions with excellent creators who ended up cast out for minor or non- violations.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: June 07, 2016, 11:52:44 pm »

Yikes, though.

Note to self:if ever on AltHist, use a different name.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: June 07, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »

Why would Trump need an accident? Sanders had a bigger polling lead over Trump than Clinton does.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/why-does-sanders-do-better-clinton-against-trump

Clinton hovers just above Trump, by 1-2%, whereas Sanders is a full 12% above Trump. What this shows is that Trump and Clinton are splitting the vote on traditional party lines, whereas Sanders would pick up Democats + Independents in the mix.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:55:30 pm by Reelya »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: June 07, 2016, 11:53:46 pm »

Why would Trump need an accident? Sanders hads a bigger polling lead over Trump than Clinton does.
Cough, Democrats, cough.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19093 on: June 07, 2016, 11:57:13 pm »

I can't see Sanders winning over Trump in the... whatever you call the final election. It seems kinda outrageous.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: June 07, 2016, 11:58:26 pm »

But Sanders is leading Trump by huge margins in every poll conducted.

Considering what a buffoon Trump is, why is it so outrageous that basically anyone else is preferable. Sanders picks up all the Democrat votes, that's a given: 40% of the country will basically never vote Republican and 40% of the country will never vote Democrat. And Sanders appeals to the Independents as well, who are the swing voters in this election.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:02:06 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 1342