Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548943 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #17040 on: April 29, 2016, 11:50:49 pm »

Yeah, but why would he want to be the President? Why would any of these people want to be President? It's a terrible job!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: April 29, 2016, 11:54:59 pm »

It's about winning.  He's gained and lost more money than most people can dream about, he's been in almost every business, he's done civic projects, private projects, government projects, and on and on.  All he really cares about is victory, this is not to say that he has no politics, and if you go over his record (statements and support, he obviously has no political history to speak of) carefully, you'll find a center-right man with some very reactionary quirks.  Whatever his actual policies are, they won't have much to do with the bile he regurgitates for the cameras.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:57:46 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17042 on: April 30, 2016, 12:20:58 am »

As a college student wanting to get into robotics and AI work, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this plan.
As an unemployed welfare leech, I see everything wrong with this plan.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17043 on: April 30, 2016, 12:47:57 am »

I honestly think that you're underestimating the strength of his ego, especially as it was demonstrably at this level of inflation well before this electoral cycle. I don't disagree that it's all about winning for him, but there's more to be won than just the presidency.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17044 on: April 30, 2016, 01:37:46 am »

As a college student wanting to get into robotics and AI work, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this plan.
As an unemployed welfare leech, I see everything wrong with this plan.
Well clearly you should invest in some bootstraps.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: April 30, 2016, 01:47:06 am »

"Free trade" is a misleading way to describe it, since that sounds like just the free and fair exchange of goods.

What we're talking about is people profiting off the flow of currencies, and the fact that international finance creates vast tax loopholes.

I think we all know how this sort of thing works. The classic set-up is that a company in the USA creates a shell corporation on some island somewhere, where the cost to run a corporation is a yearly flat fee. They then incorporate their US operations as a subsidiary of their post-office-box corporation on the island, pay out all their profits as cash payments to that shell corporation, then cry foul about how they're making a loss on their USA operations.

Ahh, but you see, that's the genius of it all: They have their shell corporation loan their US-company the money it needs to keep running, and then pay all their profits out as tax-free interest repayments, along with, of course, taking a huge tax deduction on their terrible, terrible financial losses, so that they've got the IRS effectively paying them to send untaxable money out of the country.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17048 on: April 30, 2016, 06:09:33 am »

Thousands of "Bikers for Trump" will appear in Cleveland to 'encourage' the RNC not to deny the Donald the nomination.
Cox, 47, a chainsaw artist
Sounds safe.
Chainsaw artist?

What is America?

What joyous civilization is this?

Can we ever hope to reach such perfection as now?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17049 on: April 30, 2016, 08:28:55 am »

But does he do art on chainsaws, or do art with chainsaws? VERY IMPORTANT DISTINCTION!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #17050 on: April 30, 2016, 09:33:02 am »

He carves chainsaws with chainsaws.

But Donny is built upon overreaction, upon the fights the his followers and countless Bernie followers have committed: it's an honest case of that us vs. them mentality, where everyone else is a communist terrorist Mexican NAFTA rapist.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17051 on: April 30, 2016, 09:49:48 am »

You know, you could google chainsaw art. It is a normal and not-rare thing. They use chainsaws to create rough-hewn statues, often of bears. These statues are about the only full-sized statuary that an ordinary person can afford, as well as cultivating a woodsy aesthetic, and as such enjoy a pretty nice market niche.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17052 on: April 30, 2016, 09:52:47 am »

The real question here is: If they had existed, would Michelangelo have used chainsaws?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17053 on: April 30, 2016, 10:01:39 am »

It's confirmed the wall will be built!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17054 on: April 30, 2016, 03:28:40 pm »

I still honestly wonder how people fall for that whole routine.
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 1342