Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549866 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #16890 on: April 26, 2016, 01:54:15 pm »

What I'm getting is that you oppose fighting rebels like  ISIS.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16891 on: April 26, 2016, 02:27:03 pm »

What I'm getting is that you oppose fighting rebels like  ISIS.

You have guessed poorly.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16892 on: April 26, 2016, 03:07:19 pm »

The chancellor will build a wall around the unknown regions, and she'll make the Yuzahn Vong pay for it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16893 on: April 26, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

We feel the death star should be renamed in order to win the hearts and minds of voters

The hope star sounds better

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16894 on: April 26, 2016, 04:22:00 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16895 on: April 26, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16896 on: April 26, 2016, 05:36:25 pm »

Or the peace moon.

Oh hey, Darths and Droids. Haven't read that in a while. I stopped when they were in Star Wars IV: A New Hope somewhere. Maybe I'll start at the beginning though.

Heh this: http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/04/judge-sets-trump-university-hearing-for-1st-day-of-gop-convention-222468

Also, ouch for Kasich: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/kasich-misses-oregon-deadline-222470 And Oregon votes entirely by mail? Really? Edit: Apparently yes. We all know Oregon is a bit wierd anyway.

Geeze the congressional districts in Maryland. District three is the worst of them, seems split into 6 blobs which are connected by tenuous threads.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:00:15 pm by smjjames »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16897 on: April 26, 2016, 06:17:52 pm »

*starts sending Bill messages urging him to support Bernie Sanders*
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16898 on: April 26, 2016, 06:21:50 pm »

*starts sending Bill messages urging him to support Bernie Sanders*

Bill as in Bill Clinton?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16899 on: April 26, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »

Yeah, what could be more entertaining?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16900 on: April 26, 2016, 06:44:00 pm »

I've said it before, or at least something like it, and I'll say it again: I'd vote Vader over the last dozen presidents without hesitation. I'd prefer Palpatine, but Vader will do. Either of them have more political experience in their little finger than basically our entire political system put together, and their primary problem is with (force using) jedi and xenos, neither of which we have on earth. In their corner is holding together a galactic scale regime change, largely maintaining or improving conditions for humans on a scale dwarfing anything in current human history, and managing to only be ousted by terrorists with hokey space magic and battleship grade plot armor that doesn't exist in our reality. If they can do that with hundreds upon hundreds of planets, consider what they can manage with only a single one.

Also consider that Palpatine (Vader's mentor, even if V largely left the big stuff to him) managed to get an entire goddamn galactic senate to basically stand up and dance. We're talking shit that can't even physically comprehend human thought, and the guy still managed to get them on board with his stuff. You'd see congress scooting around like turtles with ICBMs shoved up their tukhus, and it'd be amazing.

Also, I won't lie, I'd pay ten bucks to see a man in power armor one-arm choke some folks. Maybe not as good as a force choke, but watching the guy just kinda' stroll up to Kim Jong-un and find his lack of faith disturbing could be worth the price of admittance.

... though I guess to be fair, I'd be pretty alright with Mon Motha or Organa-Solo, too. People never seem to offer them as a choice, though :-\

E: Though in retrospect, being desperate enough for top-tier competence that you'd endorse a set of mass murderers (and yes, that includes Mon Motha and Solo) each with the blood of millions (/billions/trillions) on their hands probably says something. Maybe about me, maybe about our political system, I'unno. Still. It takes some hella' administrative and political skill to bury worlds worth of bodies and come out with huge chunks of a galactic polity actually supporting you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:57:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: April 26, 2016, 06:55:59 pm »

Um, yea... anyway, back on topic (not that Star Wars isn't awesome)...

Apparently theres some districts in Baltimore that opened a bit late this morning (for whatever reason), so the voting time for those districts was extended an hour. So, we won't get Maryland results for another hour I think.

Edit: FFS, AP and CNN anounced Trump as winning a bunch of states before the numbers are even displayed? Can't they at least wait until the numbers are displayed? :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:02:23 pm by smjjames »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: April 26, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

Maryland, my current state of residence, has been called for Hillary.  I guess via exit polls considering none of the real tallies have been announced.

If it comes down to Hillary v Trump or Ted, I'm going to vote Hillary.  And I'm going to feel terrible about it.  I think Hillary is a corrupt politician and the establishment Ubermensch, but I know what she offers the nation: the same old BS.  Whereas I'm actually afraid of what Ted Cruz or Trump might do if they become the president and have a republican dominated congress.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16903 on: April 26, 2016, 07:25:57 pm »

Maryland, my current state of residence, has been called for Hillary.  I guess via exit polls considering none of the real tallies have been announced.

If it comes down to Hillary v Trump or Ted, I'm going to vote Hillary.  And I'm going to feel terrible about it.  I think Hillary is a corrupt politician and the establishment Ubermensch, but I know what she offers the nation: the same old BS.  Whereas I'm actually afraid of what Ted Cruz or Trump might do if they become the president and have a republican dominated congress.
Pretty much ditto this...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16904 on: April 26, 2016, 07:37:51 pm »

some videos explaining the tax plans of various candidates. basically Hillary stays the seam Sanders taxes the rich and Cruz and trump cut all the taxes so much the government ceases to be able to function and the rich make bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5RFrVzArk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlr0taBZIlk
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 1342