Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550226 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #16740 on: April 22, 2016, 12:16:57 am »

Quote from: Ted Cruz
Common sense: grown men shouldn’t be in bathrooms w/ little girls.
Reminder that this is a grown man whose daughters are little girls. Does he have no part in their raising?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: April 22, 2016, 12:21:49 am »

Trump is not a libertarian. He's been pretty solidly anti free-speech so far,

It's the sort of thing we take for granted until someone like Trump comes along and we remember that there are people in the world who think the way to win an argument is to make it illegal to talk back to him.

He's the nepotist part of Republican party,

FTFY
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16742 on: April 22, 2016, 12:32:13 am »

Reminder that this is a grown man whose daughters are little girls. Does he have no part in their raising?
I'm going to be charitable and he isn't an idiot and is not including parents/relatives in that statement.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: April 22, 2016, 12:43:35 am »

I'm going to be charitable and he isn't an idiot and is not including parents/relatives in that statement.
Could just point out that he's happy for grown men to be in bathrooms w/ little boys.

Obviously all male paedophiles prefer girls.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16744 on: April 22, 2016, 12:47:26 am »

To be fair, there aren't many Catholics in the States.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: April 22, 2016, 12:48:46 am »

Why be charitable? He certainly isn't. Also common sense: If someone is a transgender woman, they aren't a grown man.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16746 on: April 22, 2016, 01:02:42 am »

Why be charitable? He certainly isn't.
Because it's good practise for debate. Intentionally misinterpreting what someone says is petty and dumb.

Also common sense: If someone is a transgender woman, they aren't a grown man.
Physically, they are. Unless they've had sex reassignment surgery, in which case we should probably call them transsexual. In any case, conservatives don't agree with you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: April 22, 2016, 01:41:18 am »

And even if transitioned, it she'd done it after becoming an adult she'd be a grown man either way, even if a woman.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: April 22, 2016, 01:43:32 am »

And even if transitioned, it she'd done it after becoming an adult she'd be a grown man either way, even if a woman.

Wut?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16749 on: April 22, 2016, 01:45:27 am »

Wut?

By and large physically male, I'd guess. Barring some sexual characteristics, of course.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: April 22, 2016, 01:53:22 am »

Why be charitable? He certainly isn't.
Because it's good practise for debate. Intentionally misinterpreting what someone says is petty and dumb.
While I'd generally agree with you on this we are talking about a politician who's supporting a law passed for what reason exactly? If it was to fix an issue and I simply disagreed with it I'd happily give him that charity. There's a difference between respecting people of a different opinion and respecting people causing shit for political gain. Tred Cruz is fairly deserving of ridicule on this & many other issues.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16751 on: April 22, 2016, 02:03:04 am »

While I'd generally agree with you on this we are talking about a politician who's supporting a law passed for what reason exactly? If it was to fix an issue and I simply disagreed with it I'd happily give him that charity. There's a difference between respecting people of a different opinion and respecting people causing shit for political gain. Tred Cruz is fairly deserving of ridicule on this & many other issues.
"I don't like what this person is doing, therefore I am justified in intentionally misinterpreting what he says and ridiculing him over it".

That's retarded. If he's deserving of ridicule over what he has said, then ridicule him over what he said. Don't stick words in his mouth and ridicule him over those, you just make yourself look like an idiot.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: April 22, 2016, 02:11:13 am »

Shrug. Pretty sure you've just labelled a fair amount of political comedy as retarded and idiotic. I guess plenty of it is...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16753 on: April 22, 2016, 02:11:20 am »

Agreed. The fact that this is the future Ted Cruz want is ridiculous enough.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16754 on: April 22, 2016, 02:48:52 am »

Wut?

By and large physically male, I'd guess. Barring some sexual characteristics, of course.

That was my first thought, but I settled on making a "grown is past particle" grammar joke.

Edit: that might be more correct. I don't know your Granada words.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:02:51 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1342