Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1546733 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #15705 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:09 pm »

(*cough* Hillary e-mails *cough*).

Because they're *cough* bullshit *cough* and we happen to have a civic process where the truth matters.

If nothing comes of this the investigation will come up empty.  Just like the email investigation.  There will probably be some people who will cling to their belief afterwards, there always are in politics.  But the process will do it's thing.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:40 pm »

Look at their New York one! TWICE as much, which really raised my eyebrows. http://politicalmachination.com/poll-new-york-2016-presidential-primary/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwpQSOvk_aoASFhVZk5lQVM5VzQ/view

Looks like they tried to cast as wide a net as possible in the two states. Also, the HuffPollster numbers are a bit different from the numbers shown on RCP, not sure what's up with that one.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: March 29, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »

These pollsters seem to be landline only and assume that the demographics will match those of four years ago in New York.  New York didn't have a competitive republican primary four years ago.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: March 29, 2016, 01:52:20 pm »

Well, it's pretty clear anyway that Trump is dominating (at least atm) in New York and it's going to be a close one in Wisconsin. Not sure if New York has a 50%+ WTA though.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: March 29, 2016, 01:57:45 pm »

95 total delegates - 10 base at-large / 81 re: 27 congressional districts / 3 party / 1 bonus

Each congressional district has three delegates.  Beating 50% in the district gets all three.  If no one beats 50% and two beat 20%, the winner gets two and the runner up 1.  If all three beat 20% in the district and no one wins, the party awards the delegates according to the will of Satan.

Beating 50% in the state wins the 10 at large plus the 3 party and the 1 bonus delegate.  Otherwise everyone above 20% statewide gets some of the 10 and the party picks the other 4.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: March 29, 2016, 02:33:25 pm »

So, 'winner take most'

Also, three guesses as to how he responded

Given how often he responds with a threat of 'I'll sue you!', I'm beginning to think that Trumps concept of diplomacy is that it entirely or mostly consists of suing other countries and throwing lawyers at each other.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »

Trump saying "I'll sue!" is like a little kid saying "I'll tell on you!". He says it all the time but only occasionally follows through and it only sometimes accomplishes anything when he does.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: March 29, 2016, 03:36:14 pm »

DARPA is hard at work on advanced lawyer delivery systems, able to be deployed from both stategic submarine platforms as well as Near Earth Orbit (NEO) satellites. There are additional platforms on the way that act as an additional force multiplier by transplanting an entire defamation-easy court system on the Australian model. This does, of course, maximize the effectiveness of all known lawyer systems.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: March 29, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »

Trump is a little more sophisticated then a child, his lawsuits have gotten him pretty far.  He knows how to find someone's vulnerability and hone in on it.  He is very good at finding people with money he can appropriate and then sue for defamation when they try to fight back.

The problem is this only works when you are a small fish in a large pond.  Trump is worth far less then 0.1% of the total wealth of the US economy.  He can spend a lifetime burning every business partner he has and there are still far more suckers out there for him to find.  The US on the other hand is 23% of the world economy.  There aren't too many suckers out there who haven't heard of the United States.  The president of the US can't really hope that people with a lot of money dont know who he is.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:39 pm »

On one hand, I'm tempted to vote for Trump just to see what would happen (in a scientist minded sort of way) because he completely breaks from every political norm and standard Tl;Dr he'll upset the status quo, on the other hand, I don't want to vote Trump because is very likely to be a total disaster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: March 29, 2016, 04:04:39 pm »

DARPA is hard at work on advanced lawyer delivery systems, able to be deployed from both stategic submarine platforms as well as Near Earth Orbit (NEO) satellites. There are additional platforms on the way that act as an additional force multiplier by transplanting an entire defamation-easy court system on the Australian model. This does, of course, maximize the effectiveness of all known lawyer systems.
Actually under current US law, judgements in places with less strict libel laws are held to US standards for being applied anyway.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: March 29, 2016, 04:26:55 pm »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: March 29, 2016, 04:31:02 pm »

It's still going to be a massive shakeup no matter what.

I doubt it, personally. Have you seen the video of the 'battery'? She looks mildly miffed at best.

If there's another one that shows him actually harming the woman I'll change my opinion, but this is a big load of nothing.

What he did fits the legal definition of battery.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29#United_States

If you push, slap, poke, or shove someone, that's covered as simple battery, a misdemeanor, and what he was charged with. "Being injured" is not part of the definition. Now, any specific push, slap, poke, or shove is clearly not a big deal. The problem is that if you allow that to become normal socially accepted behavior, you're going to end up with a class of people who use those physical tactics to get their way in all possible situations, and the lesser physical intimidation carries the implicit threat of actually hurting you, thus why this behavior is outlawed.

Sure, it's fine to argue that battery itself isn't a big deal, but we should stick to the legal definition when discussing crimes. This fits the legal definition of 'battery'.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:51:16 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: March 29, 2016, 04:56:05 pm »

-snip-

Lol maniac, there's that curiosity to see what the heck he'd do and all that. I know it's not a rational reason to vote for him and wouldn't actually use it as a reason to vote for him.

There probably ARE people who use that as a reason to vote for him though.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: March 29, 2016, 04:58:28 pm »

Yes, it's that strange human instinct where everytime you stand on a cliff or a tall building some part of you wonders about what if you fell.  I imagine it's probably a byproduct of some sort of self preservation.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1342