Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548326 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #1560 on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »

... you'd have to live there to run. Why would you ever want that? That's almost as bad as willingly moving to florida before you retire.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 20, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »

I'm surprised Christie is the most conservative of them on it.

New Jersey is a helluva drug.

If we elect Rubio or Bush, we might get to see bath salts legalized before pot.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 20, 2015, 09:04:32 pm »

... you'd have to live there to run. Why would you ever want that? That's almost as bad as willingly moving to florida before you retire.
Oh, come on. Let's not be cruel to Florida. Although it is already on the list.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 20, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »

... that was me being charitable to this misbegotten hellswamp, baug.

Seriously, you don't want to live here if you actually have to work. Go somewhere with a better job market, less poverty, and less heat. Maybe come back when you're old and have a passive income. Or better yet just don't. Go somewhere else. The elderly die of heatstroke, and have to be around the young that weren't smart and fortunate enough to get the hell away from this state. Nobody right minded wants that.
Ask not!
Ask!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:48 pm »

You misunderstand the thrust of my comment. I was not actually defending Florida.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 20, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »

As our token Republican, I must say that you're probably looking at the far...further right Republicans. Republicans aren't all crazy bigots, just like most Democrats aren't hippies.

I apologise Playergamer, when I said "the Republicans" I was referring to the current establishment of politicians in the party, not the voters. There's plenty of level headed, reasonable people who happen to vote Republican. I wouldn't be one of them obviously but you get my point.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 21, 2015, 06:43:56 am »

As our token independent conservative, the Republican candidates are mostly idiots, the Democratic candidates are mostly idiots, and please don't elect Hillary Clinton oh god please no.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:22 am »

As our token independent conservative, the Republican candidates are mostly idiots, the Democratic candidates are mostly idiots, and please don't elect (insert any candidate here) oh god please no.
Fixed that for you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:05 am »

As our token independent conservative, the Republican candidates are mostly idiots, the Democratic candidates are mostly idiots, and please don't elect (insert any candidate here) oh god please no.
Fixed that for you.
yes
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 21, 2015, 10:26:33 am »

If we dont elect anyone we'll be like Belgium.

And that's terrible.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 21, 2015, 10:44:16 am »

At least you would have better fries and chocolate...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 21, 2015, 10:49:37 am »

... better chocolate, anyway.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 21, 2015, 12:05:47 pm »

Well, the thing is, despite the fact that our government is made of piece of string and duct tape, and that our constitution has been mostly turned into sausage by that point, Belgium works. We got good, cheap education, great universal health care, good social safety net, good social mobility, low crime and prison population, relatively low inequality...

Sure, things could be better, but overall? We're doing pretty good, thanks.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 21, 2015, 12:21:20 pm »

Personally, I want to see an abrupt and complete end to PACs in general, massive campaign finance reform that forbids corporate donations, and forbids individual donations above 1000$, and a prohibition against career politics. (say, requiring 2x as much time in a normal job as one spends working as a govt official, with certain jobs (like CEO and member of the board excluded from candidacy).

But then again, I also want icecream and a pony.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 21, 2015, 12:29:41 pm »

I don't think CEO or member of a board should be outright excluded since theres plenty of things that you can be a 'member of the board' of and being a CEO doesn't neccesarily mean that they're a bad person. What if they were (or are) the CEO of a small company? Besides, theres plenty of presidents who have been in business in some way or other.

What other 'certain jobs' did you think should be included?

I agree on the PACs and campaign finance reform though
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 1342