Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545150 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14385 on: March 13, 2016, 10:54:51 am »

Yeah I'd love having them on the same ticket.  Though having Elizabeth Warren as VP would be even cooler I think.

The Sanders/Warren '16 ticket. The political wet dream of college students everywhere.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: March 13, 2016, 10:55:27 am »

Though having Elizabeth Warren as VP would be even cooler I think.

Elizabeth Warren had no interest in running for POTUS; I doubt she'd want to throw in as VP. She has a solid thing going where she is.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14387 on: March 13, 2016, 10:56:26 am »

Saucy

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: March 13, 2016, 11:05:51 am »

Amusingly, Sanders and Clinton could pull it off.
That'd require one to win the Republican primary, at least for my proposed scenario. I'm suggesting a general election where the choice isn't "Which ticket wins?" so much as "What order are the names in on the winning ticket?"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:32 am »

The current phase of the election is to determine who will win the party nomination.

Should say-- Clinton win-- There is nothing that I am aware of that would prevent her from choosing bernie as her running mate in the presidential election. (Doing so would be very strategic-- it would make people like me who consider her an unpalatable bit of rancid tuna to consider voting for her, especially in light of what the competition is....) It would be a major boon to the democratic party if she did.

Likewise with Bernie.  I doubt Mainiac would be very pleased with a Sanders victory. (admittedly, this seems more and more unlikely each day.)-- However, if Sanders chose Clinton as his VP, that might change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: March 13, 2016, 11:13:25 am »

That's true, it's just not the hypothetical I had in mind. I just worded it too vaguely.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: March 13, 2016, 11:18:35 am »

Quote from: wierd link=topic=147340.msg6869660#msg6869660

Likewise with Bernie.  I doubt Mainiac would be very pleased with a Sanders victory. (admittedly, this seems more and more unlikely each day.)-- However, if Sanders chose Clinton as his VP, that might change.
And then mainiac stalks President Sanders, jumping out from behind bushes with an airhorn for the next four years

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: March 13, 2016, 11:33:27 am »

I'm not sure if Sanders win is actually seeming more and more unlikely every day.

At least since the Michigan upset (coming from 20 points behind to win), and now he's suddenly jumped ahead of Clinton in the early polling for Illinois (where he was 32 points down, but now leads). Add to that Clinton's AIDs gaffe, and things are really looking up for Bernie, where it looked completely hopeless 1 week ago.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: March 13, 2016, 11:34:13 am »

Sanders may be an old geezer, but he isnt a walking coronary like Cheney. It would take more than an airhorn I would wager.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #14394 on: March 13, 2016, 11:50:31 am »

On and off for pages and pages, people haven't been trying very hard with the whole guidelines thing, on a variety of topics.  I've sent some warnings, though probably not as many as needed.  Redouble your efforts!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: March 13, 2016, 03:20:12 pm »

You heard him, boys. We've held out for a thousand pages now, we can keep this going chilly until the election.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: March 13, 2016, 03:21:18 pm »

I would post a picture of Jerjerrod, but technically the emperor has already been and gone, so...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14397 on: March 13, 2016, 03:24:33 pm »

15000 get for civil discussion

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14398 on: March 13, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »

NEVER! Cry havoc and unleash the flames of postwars (or something like that...)

I think it'll be hard to stay frosty in the summer once the reconstructed Bernie Bros become Hillary's paramilitaries (Hill's Angels?) and are fighting running Street battles with Trump's Redcaps.

Oh my droogies, it'll be a lovely bit of the old ultraviolence, with the shoom and the tolchoking millicents...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: March 13, 2016, 03:29:50 pm »

Ohio is getting really close. Donald seems to have Florida in the bag, but ohio could be really interesting.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 1342