Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550370 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13545 on: March 05, 2016, 09:50:01 pm »

You might get your wish. (apologies for the source.)
http://www.infowars.com/judge-fbi-is-ready-to-indict-hillary-over-emails/

This is the part where you realize that you just cited INFOWARS unironically.  Next you take a moment to assess the mistakes that brought you to this point, right?  Right?

You laugh now, but when the revolution comes, you'll be the first against the barn door with the pitchfork to your head. Or maybe the buggy-whip.

>Implying that the good old boy from farm country has anything to worry about
>Implying your city slicking ass from Raleigh is gonna be fine
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: March 05, 2016, 09:51:42 pm »

It might even be fine until the swamp boys catch it >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: March 05, 2016, 09:53:01 pm »

It might even be fine until the swamp boys catch it >_>

Which would be, what, you?

lol

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: March 05, 2016, 09:54:54 pm »

man, the agrarian revolution comes along and I'll be going deeper into the swamp, not out of it

it'd be safer where they can't don't want to find you.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: March 05, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »

I dunno... depending, they might just find it to be "fine indeed."

(shudder)

Mainiac: I already said "only the more axe-grindery news rags are giving it recent coverage"-- When presented with a choice of bad sources, I picked at random. The boston Herald isnt exactly the Times you know, but it was the best one I could find.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: March 05, 2016, 09:57:50 pm »

Evidently the issue that will be most important to us is the presidential stance on shitposting.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: March 05, 2016, 10:01:32 pm »

There's not a topic more dear to our dark little hearts, excepting perhaps their stance on dwarf murder.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: March 05, 2016, 10:02:55 pm »

We should talk about how the real Hillary Clinton died of radiation poisoning last year and the "Hillary" we see is clearly some sort of double or simulacrum. Naturally the mainstream news outlets won't report on this, but that just shows that they're afraid of the truth.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: March 05, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »

Naw, a plastic clinton is a prettier clinton. The public will prefer it. No conspiracy there.

(and that thread's premise is absurd. 1) unless she was gargling ocean water right outside the reactor, she wont get that kind of radiation, certainly not here in the US. 2) When if ever did she come into contact with the reactor to be poisoned by it? 3) The background radiation in that district is lower than that in the chernobyl exclusion zone, and people can have passing contact with that latter and not have lethal radiation poisoning-- 4) clearly those people are idiots that dont understand how radiation sickness happens.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:08:33 pm by wierd »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: March 05, 2016, 10:10:38 pm »

When presented with a choice of bad sources

Dude, if this were true it would be international news.  People in China would know about it.  Why would something so important attract so little coverage?  Look at that Boston Herald article.  It says that according to a former US attorney something is going to happen.  It presents no evidence whatsoever.  It's the opinion of somebody not remotely related to the case who is using the same info the rest of us are...

As I see it there are two different possibilities:
A) This source is legit and for some reason he decided to give his scoop to a legal columnist for the Boston Herald instead of... y'know one of a hundred political reporters for the Post, Times, Fox, CNN or AP.  Meanwhile the Democratic party, which vetted Clinton on this months ago, has decided to stand like a frozen deer in the middle of a railroad.
B) A beat reporter wrote a lazy "he said, she said" story which implies things but makes no promises.  A former US attorney assumed that people he didn't know would think the same way he did.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: March 05, 2016, 10:16:36 pm »

You laugh now, but when the revolution comes, you'll be the first against the barn door with the pitchfork to your head. Or maybe the buggy-whip.

>Implying that the good old boy from farm country has anything to worry about
>Implying your city slicking ass from Raleigh is gonna be fine
Pfft...you do realize I grew up in dairy farm country, not Raleigh, right? (I think MSH is from Raleigh originally.)
Plus, I left the city about a year and a half ago, live in rural Orange County now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: March 05, 2016, 10:22:31 pm »

When presented with a choice of bad sources

Dude, if this were true it would be international news.  People in China would know about it.  Why would something so important attract so little coverage?  Look at that Boston Herald article.  It says that according to a former US attorney something is going to happen.  It presents no evidence whatsoever.  It's the opinion of somebody not remotely related to the case who is using the same info the rest of us are...

As I see it there are two different possibilities:
A) This source is legit and for some reason he decided to give his scoop to a legal columnist for the Boston Herald instead of... y'know one of a hundred political reporters for the Post, Times, Fox, CNN or AP.  Meanwhile the Democratic party, which vetted Clinton on this months ago, has decided to stand like a frozen deer in the middle of a railroad.
B) A beat reporter wrote a lazy "he said, she said" story which implies things but makes no promises.  A former US attorney assumed that people he didn't know would think the same way he did.

Other Options:

C) The story is less interesting to the public at large than the on-going general election, and gets de-prioritized (people are pretty tired of hearing more about the damned email scandal.)
D) Whooooo conspiracy (For completeness only.)

I am implying that it is C-- You are implying that it is B.

Neither of us are implying A or D.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: March 05, 2016, 10:23:14 pm »

I am implying that it is C-- You are implying that it is B.

I'm flat out telling you C is impossible.  D is more likely then C.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: March 05, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »

Haven't the FBI been saying that they're ready to indict for a while now anyway? A few weeks anyhow.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: March 05, 2016, 10:24:47 pm »

Pfft...you do realize I grew up in dairy farm country, not Raleigh, right? (I think MSH is from Raleigh originally.)
It's complicated. I only started living in Raleigh proper during high school, before that I spent most of my childhood in Knightdale, but I was actually born in Fayettenam.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1342