Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543678 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13290 on: March 02, 2016, 10:01:19 pm »

I think MSH's point is that Trump would benefit from a younger running mate. Also, 'generally one member of a ticket is hot'? Uh, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney..... Neither of those two guys could be considered 'hot' by any standards, Bush is about average and Cheney has been compared to Palpatine.

Take hot by another definition. Cheney shot a guy in the face and told a senator to go fuck himself... while on the senate floor. Dude might have some anger issues.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: March 02, 2016, 10:03:25 pm »

I think MSH's point is that Trump would benefit from a younger running mate. Also, 'generally one member of a ticket is hot'? Uh, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney..... Neither of those two guys could be considered 'hot' by any standards, Bush is about average and Cheney has been compared to Palpatine.

This is why America had to double down on the hotness come 2008.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: March 02, 2016, 10:04:30 pm »

You know what I think the crashing VP revelation is going to be? Marco Rubio.

Think about it:

-Is a political insider, like Trump said.
-Preexisting bromance during debate season.
-Covers several demographics Trump has low-access to, most notably hispanics.
-Generally at least one member of a ticket is hot, Trump definitely doesn't have it anymore but nobody can deny Rubio's tight hot vaguely-brown ass.
-Still out of left field enough to be a Trumpism.
They've been insulting each other an awful lot lately.

If we're talking out of left field... How about a Donald Trump / Elizabeth Warren ticket? Maybe too out there, but I'm reasonably certain he's going to court a democrat.

P.S. Rubio is not particularly hot by Cuban standards.
Let's keep his age in mind here. I'm sure there are plenty of delicious Cuban twinks around, but Rubio is 44 soon to be 45 and still kept it impressively. I can't find many youth pictures of him, and this one is horribly artifacted, but here's him at 20.
John Oliver may have summed up my feelings on Trump thusly: "There's a part of my that likes the guy. It's a part of me that I hate, but it is a part of me."

If Trump picked a Democrat VP....I don't even know. Would they accept? Would Republicans vote for such a ticket? Would Democrats? Would cats and dogs start living together? Would Trump Trump the Trump Make Trump Trump Again?
The nation's mass media reels in horror. Every body from MSNBC to Trinity Broadcasting condemns Trump's mockery of the electoral process (except Prison Planet, on which Alex Jones avows how Trump knows how to defang the globalists and it's all just part of his genius plan). Trump and the unfortunate Dem are eviscerated in interviews, in which they hawk Trump's hairstyle brand in between declarations of bipartisan outreach to the "Democrats that aren't such bad guys". Hilary Clinton herself declares that the traitor will be fed to the Wallstreet Brass Bull after she becomes Woman President.  Every screen in America is awash with the news that this is the end of the Trump train, that this time he's gone too far and destroyed his campaign.

The next week, Nate Silver reports a 2% increase in Trump's numbers.
I mean, Bush sort of had it going on in that nearly-middle aged anglo man way. He's hot by sugar daddy standards, at least.
Also, it was Cruz and Trump that had the bromance, Rubio just stayed on his good side.
Close enough to Seal The Deel.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: March 02, 2016, 10:41:06 pm »

George W Bush looks too much like a cute grandpa for me to imagine him as a sugar daddy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: March 02, 2016, 10:47:52 pm »

Tavis Smiley: Black America could get on the Trump Train.

Now wouldn't THAT just take the cake, if black voters delivered the nomination to Hillary and the the White House to Trump? (FWIW, I think Smiley's op-ed is full of shit, but it is an interesting possibility to consider).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: March 02, 2016, 10:48:47 pm »

The only woman I've ever discussed the issue with assures me that, at least during his campaign, Bush qualified as hot. At least by political standards. Take this anecdote for the non-evidence it is.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: March 02, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »

Trump with Bernie as VP.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: March 02, 2016, 11:07:52 pm »

*wonders how common cross-aisle tickets are. Goes to check wiki*

hm, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1796

"The following four years would be the only time that the president and vice-president were from different parties (John Quincy Adams and John C. Calhoun would later be elected president and vice-president as political opponents, but they were both Democratic-Republican party candidates; Andrew Johnson, Abraham Lincoln's second vice-president, was a Democrat, but Lincoln ran on a combined Union Party ticket in 1864, not as a strict Republican). Jefferson would leverage his position as vice-president to attack President Adams' policies, and this would help him reach the White House in the following election."

So, it would be an almost unprecedented thing and in todays deeply divided politics, I don't see that happening.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:15:55 pm by smjjames »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: March 02, 2016, 11:17:46 pm »

Trump with Bernie as VP.

This would never happen
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: March 02, 2016, 11:19:03 pm »

Trump with Bernie as VP.
I'd vote for 'em.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: March 02, 2016, 11:20:07 pm »

If we're talking out of left field... How about a Donald Trump / Elizabeth Warren ticket? Maybe too out there, but I'm reasonably certain he's going to court a democrat.

Mathematics does not have an answer for how a negative probability for an event can exist.  Yet somehow the probability of that occuring is in fact less then 0%.

Elizabeth Warren is on a crusade in the Senate when it comes to banking regulation.  As far as I can guess, Donald Trump is pretty much the antithesis of her views on banking.  I say as far as I can see because it's pretty freaking hard to tell where Donald Trump stands on serious policy issues.  And that's really the point, this is an issue that she has made it her mission to fight over the tiny details of and he just blithely dismisses the importance entirely.  There's no possible way that Warren would agree to be his VP.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: March 02, 2016, 11:22:26 pm »

Hmm, Trump/Clinton vs. Clinton/Trump.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: March 02, 2016, 11:24:15 pm »

I'm not sure which is less likely.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: March 02, 2016, 11:25:28 pm »

Trump/Clinton running as an independent against Sanders/Cruz and Carson/O'Malley.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: March 02, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »

Trump/Carson. Seems like an ideal pair. Gets some of the black vote just based on race, they're both loveably goofy in their own ways, both have delusions of grandeur and, I dunno. Carson just seems to have the right mien for being a feckless VP.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1342