Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544574 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13020 on: March 01, 2016, 04:39:57 pm »

I'm a big boy now, I can make my own cookies. :)

Ahem: You guys so white.

A "Reverse Oreo" is a white person who acts black.  Compare with racial slur "Oreo". A person who is black outside, but white inside.

The term comes from Nabisco's introduction of an actual cookie that has vanilla cookie with cocolate filling, and calling it a reverse oreo.

Neuman's Own is a brand of foods that tries to make "healthier" versions of common comfort foods, so that it is less deleterious to your health to indulge. However, thier offerings tend to have incorrect flavor and or mouth feel.

Since I am blatantly explaining the clever wordplay:

Bernie is a neuman's own style reverse oreo. He tries to be healthier for you, by trying to stress that his political career has focused on resolving the causal factors for racial disparity, rather than focusing on the emotional element.

Clinton is a doublestuff reverse oreo, in that her campaign doubles down on the emotional filling behind people's votes, and cares less about functionally addressing causal factors.

She just needs to offer a tall glass of milk, and then she's a slam dunk.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: March 01, 2016, 04:43:46 pm »

I will say only this:

Nothing holds a candle to Neuman's Own Caeser Dressing. NOTHING.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: March 01, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »

doubles down on the emotional filling behind people's votes, and cares less about functionally addressing causal factors.

So for instance minimum sentencing laws and kindergarten access would be examples of...?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: March 01, 2016, 04:54:46 pm »

Just so we're clear here, I'm cookie-blind. I don't see fillings.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: March 01, 2016, 04:56:34 pm »

doubles down on the emotional filling behind people's votes, and cares less about functionally addressing causal factors.

So for instance minimum sentencing laws and kindergarten access would be examples of...?

A nabisco oreo isnt made of 100% chemicals. Stop pretending that is the analogy I made. I said "less concerned", not "unconcerned."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: March 01, 2016, 05:01:42 pm »

A nabisco oreo isnt made of 100% chemicals. Stop pretending that is the analogy I made. I said "less concerned", not "unconcerned."

So how many policy proposals do you want me to list?  Give me a number.

If there's one thing you can say about Clinton it's that she has done her homework.  Saying she is all emotion, no policy is... surprising.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13026 on: March 01, 2016, 05:07:32 pm »

Most definitely. She's a shrewd politician. She's not a raging idiot like Trump.

I was just comparing and contrasting the cookies on the table. Nabisco did thier homework when they created oreo cookies too.  They beat out the original cookie, they hydrox, by doing so. That does not make them healthfood.

In short, I question if resolving racial disparity is her real goal, given how willing she is to utilize the popular views of it for her campaign.  Bernie, in contrast, seems hell bent on avoiding the popular views about the problem, and focused exclusively on policy to make the argument moot, through irrelevency. (when there is no disparity, how people feel about it is moot.)

This makes bernie the less shrewd politician-- there's a tool on the table that he refuses to use. However  he sends a subtle message through that refusal that I like.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13027 on: March 01, 2016, 05:09:37 pm »

I was just comparing and contrasting the cookies on the table. Nabisco did thier homework when they created oreo cookies too.  They beat out the original cookie, they hydrox, by doing so. That does not make them healthfood.

Okay, so name the Clinton policies which are sugar.  What's the stuff that is pure emotional appeal and wont help anyone?  Stuff that Sanders wont go for of course, seeing as he is substantive joes oreos.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13028 on: March 01, 2016, 05:18:12 pm »

That will take some time, you sure? I cant give a substantive answer quickly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13029 on: March 01, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Political campaigns in Belgium are relatively short, lasting only about one month, and there are restrictions on the use of billboards. For all of their activities, campaigns included, the political parties have to rely on government subsidies and dues paid by their members.

One month! In the US it feels like it never ends.
That could either be the most interesting thing (limited campaign funds? As a real thing?), or a terrible thing (nothing but political ads, making that month or two terrible and more annoying than early christmas-only radio).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: March 01, 2016, 05:25:55 pm »

Okay, so name the Clinton policies which are sugar.  What's the stuff that is pure emotional appeal and wont help anyone?  Stuff that Sanders wont go for of course, seeing as he is substantive joes oreos.
Hey now, Joe's O's are the shit. Especially the ones they make at Christmas with the little bits of candy cane in them.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13031 on: March 01, 2016, 05:28:33 pm »

I dunno, I can see a silver lining to the over the top political marketing: beyond a certain threshold, the populace demands redress. Perhaps if they are so offensive that it boggles the mind, people will demand reforms and get them.

Then again, sometimes mindboggling wtf is what the public wants.....  See current trump polling numbers.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13032 on: March 01, 2016, 05:34:56 pm »

That will take some time, you sure? I cant give a substantive answer quickly.

Dude, I am ALWAYS down for long dry discussions of policy details.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13033 on: March 01, 2016, 05:38:23 pm »

This will take a few days to answer properly. (I am changing jobs, and have things that must take priority.) The thread will have moved on by then. I will quote your attestation of interest when I do finally have the reply ready.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13034 on: March 01, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »

I'm a bit confused by why it would take a super long response.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1342