Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544973 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #11715 on: February 14, 2016, 03:05:50 am »

Pictured above: Bauglir tempting murphy. Why baug, why. You bring the risk of horrors upon us ;_;

inb4 neonazi arch-conservative extremist for supreme court justice

Or another Monsanto executive
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: February 14, 2016, 09:21:47 am »

I do not comprehend the sudden absurd surge in Kasich's popularity.

He is the only republican without baggage.  He is a governor who enacted exactly the agenda republican governors get elected to enact.

I do not comprehend why he is trying to run as the liberal republican.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11717 on: February 14, 2016, 09:27:24 am »

Or another Monsanto executive
Monsanto did nothing wrong

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: February 14, 2016, 09:34:27 am »

No baggage? He sabotaged Cincinnati's streetcar system by rejecting federal funds for it.

It's like I'm the only one who's mad about this.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: February 14, 2016, 09:40:05 am »

I'm of the opinion that federal funds should be used minimally for city projects anyway: the government shouldn't go and play favorites among cities, basically, and I don't think it's the federal governments responsibility at all to get involved with that sort of thing -- that's a responsibility for state and city government.

Plus shifting the balance of funding even furher towards urban stuff and away from rural folks isn't real good for the already usually pretty poor rural people, and it's part of why rural states tend to vote far more Republican. (In West Virginia, the exception, where I live, it's basically just coal though :P)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: February 14, 2016, 09:43:22 am »

Not that he has no baggage; he just hasn't really been focused on yet. Too much of an also-ran up to this point. If he ever gets popular enough that it looks like he has a shot, his life will get a lot hotter real quick.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: February 14, 2016, 10:01:34 am »

I'm of the opinion that federal funds should be used minimally for city projects anyway: the government shouldn't go and play favorites among cities, basically, and I don't think it's the federal governments responsibility at all to get involved with that sort of thing -- that's a responsibility for state and city government.

Plus shifting the balance of funding even furher towards urban stuff and away from rural folks isn't real good for the already usually pretty poor rural people, and it's part of why rural states tend to vote far more Republican. (In West Virginia, the exception, where I live, it's basically just coal though :P)

Building up infrastructure is extremely good for the country as a whole, and without Federal funding we'd still ahve the infrastructure of the 1930s. Most cities can barely raise enough funds to fix their streets and fund basic services, and even state taxes don't go all that far when you're talking about the cost of even a decent light rail system, let alone something like the Interstate Highway System. You could privatize, but that isn't the best solution in many cases.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: February 14, 2016, 10:04:06 am »

No baggage? He sabotaged Cincinnati's streetcar system by rejecting federal funds for it.

You aren't the only one but that's the exact agenda that the 2016 republican primaries were expected to be about supporting.  Kasich is hanging around as the token what the party claims to be candidate.  I'm surprised he doesn't have more support because more then 10% of republicans support what their party claims to be in favor of.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: February 14, 2016, 10:15:31 am »

These attitudes are why your state has a toll highway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: February 14, 2016, 10:23:22 am »

You aren't the only one but that's the exact agenda that the 2016 republican primaries were expected to be about supporting.  Kasich is hanging around as the token what the party claims to be candidate.  I'm surprised he doesn't have more support because more then 10% of republicans support what their party claims to be in favor of.

Probably because that more than 10% is split between him, Bush, and Rubio. Christie split off his share when he was still in.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: February 14, 2016, 11:24:20 am »

This isn't kindergarten and federal funding for civic projects ain't chewing gum.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: February 14, 2016, 12:01:44 pm »

I didn't say state level, I said city level.
Still, I do appreciate how amazing that comeback is :P

(I feel like I should, however, state exactly why West Virginia has a toll highway and that isn't why. West Virginia's laws REQUIRE that the general, tax-funded budget be at least 51% expended on education. So to give the infrastructure money, the state set up a literally entire separate budget that entirely goes towards infrastructure, but it only gets its money from the federal road funds (which I am perfectly fine with), and from various transportation-related costs, like DMV stuff and, in this case, the toll highway.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:07:37 pm by Powder Miner »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: February 14, 2016, 12:07:54 pm »

We have toll highways in liberal states too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: February 14, 2016, 12:33:44 pm »

That is also true, having driven through Illinois when I moved from Seattle to here and having come across like legitimately five separate toll booths on our drive through

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: February 14, 2016, 12:35:27 pm »

There are plenty of attitudes that can lead to toll highways. I would not assume it is a conservative thing because my conservative state has zero.
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1342