Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing creature raws in 40.23  (Read 639 times)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Missing creature raws in 40.23
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:33:17 pm »

I just downloaded 40.23 (late to the party, I know) and, quite literally, there are ZERO raws for the domestic animals.  I searched and searched and searched on my computer for the creature_domestic raws, but not a single example of them was in the 40.23 folder.  Am I the only person who has had this happen?  This seem like way too grievous an oversight for Toady to just have missed it, so I'm worried that I did something wrong.

EDIT: Apparently I still get the options to bring domestic animals on embark?  I am so, so confused.  What's going on?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:36:24 pm by Badger Storm »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing creature raws in 40.23
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:48:00 pm »

I have no idea that is going on. But I just had a look in my 40.23 folder, and the creature_domestic.txt file is right where I expected it to be.

Do you use Windows? In Explorer, paste 'creature_domestic.txt' in the top right hand of Windows Explorer where the search box is when you have your 40.23 folder selected.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 04:56:25 pm »

No, I use Mac.  I searched in finder, and found five of that folder.  Every single one was from regions brought over from 40.19.  It literally just isn't there.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 07:28:09 pm »

I just downloaded 40.23 (late to the party, I know) and, quite literally, there are ZERO raws for the domestic animals.
Where did you download it from?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 12:53:17 am »

Well, it certainly was in the PyLNP download (0.40.23 r2) I fetched yesterday, since I modified it to get different names for male and female cats and dogs.