Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions and script requests - Material Size, Magma Aquifer and Saplings/Trees.  (Read 952 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just three quick things:

Does MATERIAL_SIZE on items still work with a 3:1 relation to bars? Material-size 3 means 1 bar is neded, 6 size means 2 bars, 9 size means 3 bars and so on?

Does anyone have a script that creates saplings or trees for the new DF version? I'm thinking about a workshop (1tile) that spawns a sapling next to it.

Can a magma-aquifer be made with dfhack? I do have a gem-stone that is an aquifer, which was easy to do by adding the correct token to it. But I'd also like to create a magma-version of it. A gem-stone that automatically spawns magma if you breach it/dig near it. If the gem is mined, the aquifer would stop. Is this possible with scripts?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does MATERIAL_SIZE on items still work with a 3:1 relation to bars? Material-size 3 means 1 bar is neded, 6 size means 2 bars, 9 size means 3 bars and so on?

I ve discovered that amount of bone needed to make a piece of armor = MATERIAL_SIZE

For metal armor its same as before, in terms of melting and forging
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Old thread is old and most likely this is outdated info but using this as a basis might help you.

Im as interested as anybody to see where this goes. Entity dependent tree cultivation sounds neat.

DFhackexpwnent's plant scripts

Has cursor abilities for directed saplings on egible tiles.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thank you, although I'm familiar with the plant script. Its not quite affecting multi-level trees.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, although I'm familiar with the plant script. Its not quite affecting multi-level trees.

May i suggest modifying the script of the command to have a age variable or trying to force the trees to grow more. Tree's do have meaningful lifespans and it might not be growing fast enough to properly spread out across its lifetime (unless its just a hitch where at the time of the command trees went under a re-write).

Proof of point, a 1 year old highwood (exploiting the tree to grow might cause it to be less than 1 year old, as in literally just sprouting) will be atleast 1 year old with a l few leaves on top, a 10 year old highwood is just a bit bigger, and a 100 year old highwood has a developed trunk and streches much taller (you can test this out in arena mode in drawing up models for multi-level trees)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:39:32 pm by FantasticDorf »