Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible bug with emotions  (Read 882 times)

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible bug with emotions
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:54:32 am »

Hi all!

What can I do with the dwarf that "sometimes feels sad at being separated from a loved one"? Does he mean by "a loved one" his wife? If so, I think that it's a bug like this -- http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8490, because I don't see his wife in the units list and she didn't die.

Thanks in advance.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug with emotions
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 02:20:58 pm »

I think that means that they had a family member abducted by a baby snatcher.  In fort mode there's nothing you can do about that, but theoretically you could retire the fort, start an adventurer, go find their missing family member, bring them back to the fort, retire the adventurer and lastly unretire the fort.  I never play adventure mode, but theoretically that should be possible and should theoretically remove the bad thought.

It's probably not worth the trouble though.  After Toady tweaked it, this bad thought doesn't cause inevitable insanity anymore and isn't too hard to manage from what I've seen.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 02:23:42 pm »

lastly unretire the fort.
DON'T do this before DF 0.40.24. Or your game will crash.
()==[:::::::::::::>

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 05:44:09 pm »

I think that means that they had a family member abducted by a baby snatcher.  In fort mode there's nothing you can do about that, but theoretically you could retire the fort, start an adventurer, go find their missing family member, bring them back to the fort, retire the adventurer and lastly unretire the fort.  I never play adventure mode, but theoretically that should be possible and should theoretically remove the bad thought.

It's probably not worth the trouble though.  After Toady tweaked it, this bad thought doesn't cause inevitable insanity anymore and isn't too hard to manage from what I've seen.

I think that he tells about his wife, not the baby, am I wrong?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »

Does he have any kids listed in his relations screen that aren't at the fort?  All I know is that Toady said something about this thought being related to child snatchers.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:00 pm »

Check his thought. Sometimes he will mention the name.

Some dorfs have a whole platoon of cousins and nephews.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!