Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flat volcanoes  (Read 643 times)

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
Flat volcanoes
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:26 am »

How do I generate flat volcanoes? is this even possible? if so please describe it thoroughly

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flat volcanoes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:11:10 am »

Well, some volcanoes are flatter than others. I've never seen one with the surrounding land completely level, but in theory the flatter your world gen the flatter the volcanoes? Probably a question best asked in the Worldgen cookbook thread.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 05:14:22 am »

Well, some volcanoes are flatter than others. I've never seen one with the surrounding land completely level,

I've seen and embarked on one of those. But that was quite a bunch of versions ago.
Happened once, not again yet.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 01:43:34 pm »

Flat volcanoes (essentially a cavern magma pool on the surface) can still occur in somewhat recent versions. The most recent one I've seen was generated on 0.40.13, I believe, and there haven't been any major changes to world gen that I'm aware of since then. But they are incredibly rare. I've seen a total of 3 of them out of hundreds of worlds. And to the best of my knowledge, nobody has figured out a way to consistently generate them yet. But the people on the Worldgen cookbook thread are more likely to figure it out than anyone else.