Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9191 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2015, 05:28:16 pm »

after the fastball, stand by the cub in its protection. Use my sword.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2015, 06:19:04 pm »

COMBAT TURN

Initiative Rolls:
Heroes: 1
Panther: 5

The panther effortlessly pounces onto the small cub, and bares its teeth to strike. Just as it is about to bite, Towa notices what is going on and shrieks bloody murder. [4] The cat leaps back, startled, and quickly assesses the new situation with the humans. It snatches the cub up in its jaws, and prepares to run. Odo snaps a quick throw, [6] sending the copper ore in an arc towards the cat's hostage! It hits the little bear in the back, causing Bran to freak out even more than he is currently. Yonzy and Duncan [5] quickly go into sync. Yonzy grabs a boulder, snaps an order to Duncan, and is soon flying at the cat. [3] He lands in an awkward place near the back of the cat, and nearly loses his grip. [5] However, he quickly starts slamming the boulder into the cat's back, and the creature is injured! The creature stops fleeing, and tries to shake Yonzy off. [1] Yonzy immediately loses his grip and gets flung down the passage full of mossy stones. [6] He grabs onto a random protruding vine to stop him from slipping all the way down, and it works. However, his arm hurts from the sudden snap. Duncan, meanwhile, flings himself into combat with the cat. To use its jaws, it drops Bran, who sits twitching on the ground. Duncan [1 v 6] charges into combat, and is instantly pounced upon by the cat. His sword pings off into the distance, and Bran feels the saliva dripping on his throat, and the heat of his enemy's breath. That was quick. He expected more valiant combat. He struggles [3 v 1] and manages to loosen the cat's grip enough to the point where he has one hand free, and places it on the cat's face, trying to force it away.

((Damn, Only Yonzy had some decent luck this turn. Odo, you tried, but YOU MONSTER YOU HIT BRAN!))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:54 pm »

"Vict'ry!"

Grab Bran and throw him onto the cat's back. It will never think to look for him there.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2015, 06:24:19 pm »

Danm it, if those boot knockers die, then I will be stuck here alone!
SHOVE THE CAT IN THE BAG!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:34 pm »

Huck my boulder at the cat's head!

E: Then go get Duncan's sword!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:38:04 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2015, 08:40:31 pm »

Jam my fist down the beast's throat! Strangle it,make it vomit, rip it's innards!

Someone, get my blade!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2015, 09:49:01 pm »

Jam my fist down the beast's throat! Strangle it,make it vomit, rip it's innards!
that wont end badly.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2015, 09:51:19 pm »

Danm it, if those boot knockers die, then I will be stuck here alone!
SHOVE THE CAT IN THE BAG!
((THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG, MAN!))

COMBAT TURN!

Initiative:
Heroes: 4
Panther: 4
Re-Roll.
Heroes: 1
Panther: 6
(AGAIN??!!)

The cat tries to bite at Duncan's unprotected hand, [1] somehow slipping, and rolling onto one side. Taking advantage of this, Odo grabs the dazed bear cub and lobs it at the cat. [5] Bran seems to come out of his daze the moment you throw him, and starts panicking in mid-air, flailing paws. It lands on the cat's face, and starts clawing viciously, desperately trying to escape. [3 v 3, reroll. 6 v 3] Bran claws at the cat's eyes, blinding the creature. He then kicks off with his hind paws, landing on the ground safely. Yonzy, taking advantage of the situation, chucks the stone at the Cat's head. [2] It somehow misses... Duncan attempts to throttle the already injured beast, and [5 v 6] gets thrown away. The beast still has some life in it. Towa, assessing the situation, opens his bag fully, and then rushes at the cat. [5] The cat easily slids in. Seconds later, you hear a satisfying "Plop".

Yonzy retrieves Duncan's sword and hands it to him.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2015, 10:12:27 pm »

"Well. What do you know. . .. that Freaking worked. . . "
Be smug.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2015, 10:25:48 pm »

((Man, my schedule has not been conductive to this game. If I keep not being able to get online when everyone else is, I may just step out. I don't like holding up the action.))

"Whoa, what happened?"

Try to feel that magic.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2015, 02:25:43 am »

"Well. What do you know. . .. that Freaking worked. . . "
Be smug.

"It worked! Now when you need food, you can ask angry cat to bring it!"

Retrieve Shiny Rock No. 1, the copper ore. Then go see the place where Yonzy flew.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2015, 07:39:02 am »

"No, I will ju. . . oh. . . ."
feel stupid.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2015, 10:08:41 am »

Stab through the bag

Now the cat is FOOD, friend.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2015, 03:23:08 pm »

(Cat) [5] Suddenly, as the party approaches, the bag explodes into tatters of cloth! The cat, looking incredibly pissed, roars at you. It seems to have healed somewhat, because it appears to be looking at you just fine. Magic?
(Heroes automatically gain initiative in combat)
Towa feels stupid as the cat gains freedom. Then he notices something. The shreds of cloth are forming together. The bag is re-assembling itself!
Rhygor, somehow not noticing the cat, tries to re-conjure the feeling he had within him upon touching the stones. With a sudden shock, a purple sphere flies out of his chest and strikes the cat in the head! [4] It's eyes roll back, and it falls to the ground, unconscious.
Odo, realizing that the situation has been dealt with, grabs the copper ore. He then walks over to Yonzy, to see the poor guy rubbing his head, looking pissed. He's in a little alcove filled with what appear to be small glowing mushrooms. As he stands there, a mushroom lets out a puff of blue air, which rises up around Yonzy. His cuts begin to close.

Duncan walks over to the cat, raises his sword, and prepares to stab downwards.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:07 pm »

"Don't Do It!"
Runs to defend the Cat.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9