Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9207 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2015, 09:30:21 pm »

Lead the way down the vine-covered path. Come on guys, if there are plants there must be water down here!

Follow suite, using my sword as a machete if need be.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

Pocketing the stone, Rhygor takes another look around the cave before following Yonzy.

"Okay. But we should probably move as a group. I don't want to get cut off. Please, Towa, eat something."
Yonzy eyed the dim tunnel and gulped, then spun around quickly. Everyone stay behind me. Don't set out until I'm sure everyone else is coming along.

He looked at Towa. Rhy' knows what he's talking about, he's an authority! His da' was an int'lectual you know, that's what the fellows at the pub were always sayin'.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2015, 10:21:08 pm »

Ugh. Fine. . . . [sub]crotch gropers.[/sub] Towa digs in his bag and eats the smallest strip of salted meats before continuing on. Moving faster until he catches up with Duncan.
Look at the vines. See if they look like any plants I might know of. . . Or even if they might have some simularities to healing or eating herbs.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 08:59:52 am »

Follow Yonzy cautiously. Try to pay attention to my surroundings.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2015, 11:13:04 pm »

Rhygor takes one last look around the cave. The only thing he notices is that the rocks near the small crevice to the outside world are wet. It must be raining. Then, the group enters the vine colored tunnel. Towa grabs a quick snack, which replenishes [5] all of his energy, and leaves him feeling ecstatic. He looks at the vines, and tries to work out if they're useful. [Hidden Roll] He can't see any vines he knows the purposes of. Instead, he simply classifies them as typical run of the mill vines, and leaves them alone. As the party descends, the tunnel narrows, to the point where they need to squeeze through in single file. Then, one by one, the group popped out into an open little cavern, filled with small vegatation, and even a few saplings. Sunlight descends from high, high above. You didn't know you had gone down this far. In the center of the room, there is a small rock sitting on a pedestal.

It has begun to rain.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:57 pm »

Continue moving.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »

Yes yes. A rock is interesting, but edibals are far more important. We need plant life,  since they are easier to eat and gather.
More plant observations
Hmm. . . . That nipple sucker was right. . .  Food does help a bit. . . . Though the throbbing doesnt.
"Wait a tit licking second. . . .  Thats a pedestal. Didn't you say that nobody comes this way, Odo? Why is there a pedestal? This ain't no temple, is it?"
Thoroughly examin the out of place object.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2015, 01:02:46 am »

Take Towa's backpack in search of a container for water.

Lads, I suggest we collect water now. We may be here for a while.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2015, 02:41:32 am »

Inspect the second rock. Look for any sort of similarities between it and the... magic rock.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2015, 06:08:40 am »

"Wait a tit licking second. . . .  Thats a pedestal. Didn't you say that nobody comes this way, Odo? Why is there a pedestal? This ain't no temple, is it?"

"Whaddisay? Nobody... comes this way?" Odo looks worried. He's never been wrong before. "I dunno. Somebody comes this way?" That fixes it, he assumes.

Ignore the pedestal. Instead, look around for nasty beasts and/or treasure. No way are there two shiny rocks and no nasty beasts, right?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

Yonzy continues moving through the cave, until he reaches another exit. This one has walls lined with reddish looking dirt. Possibly clay. He turns around, and sees that no one else has followed him. Meanwhile, Towa ignores Duncan, who grabs his pack. Instead, he starts searching through the plants. [Hidden Roll] He finds a small group of berries. He's not sure whether they're edible or not. Meanwhile, Duncan searches through Towa's pack, and only finds the little flask of wine. It could store water, except it's full. He hesitates, wondering whether to share it with the group then fill it up, or just leave it filled with wine for now. Rhygor moves towards the rock, holding his own little magic stone out in front of him. As he approaches, however, he sees a small, almost invisible blue line appear between the two rocks. It undulates randomly and gently. As he moves closer, it becomes less transparent. He moves his hand through it, and it goes right through his hand. Yonzy walks right through the line, without even the slightest notice of it. Rhygor wonders if only he can see the line. Upon closer investigation, the two stones are identical. The first stone shows the view the second stone has, and vice versa. This hurts Rhygor's head. While all this is going on, Odo responds to some more accusations from Towa. He investigates the pedestal, but is quickly pushed out of the way by Rhygor, who looks incredibly interested in the air inbetween the two rocks. Sulking, Odo decides to ignore the pedestal, and kicks a few rocks around. Suddenly, he sees something that catches his eye. A gem that gleams like the rainbow. An Opal!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2015, 01:38:06 pm »

"Berries. Perfect. We can use those for later. Save the meat."
Move farther into the cave.
"Guys, we need to keep moving. I think my blasted head is getting wet."

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2015, 01:48:41 pm »

Leave the wine alone. We'll be fine. But now, take my sword and scout out for any skulking creatures down here.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »

Look around this room for new exits. What a horribly long tunnel.

((So we've been progressing through rooms linearly: entrance (where the rocks slid down), room with a rock and a crevice, then through some vines into this room with the pedestal (everyone is in here right now), and finally the clay room (I'm in here right now).))

Code: [Select]

+-----------------------?
     |>R|  | v|P Group | Me  ?
     +-----------------------?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:11:03 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »

((Yes, but don't worry. I plan to split you up soon. Say your goodbyes! You'll probably all meet up at one point. If you live, that is.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9