Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9197 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 12:49:09 pm »

Lick my finger and feel where the wind is coming from. Urge others to follow the wind

Towa, I suggest you keep your lunch. You may need it for some time.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

Yonzy, noticing the staggering of his friend Towa, moved over to offer support [+1 to Towa]. Towa [3+1] managed to hold in the vomit he felt rushing up his throat, and swallowed it back. He managed to stay standing, and the dizziness began to fade. Rhygor, ignoring the situation with Towa, decided to move a slight bit ahead in the cave, to take a look. He noticed Towa's satchel, which was bulging with salted meats and breads, and a small leather pouch of wine (Kids back then drank it, as water was more likely to contain bacteria). Looking further ahead in the cave, he [5] immediately noticed two things- The first being a key which was mostly embedded in a wall, whilst the other was a peculiar rock giving off an aura of gentle light. He grabbed the key, and moved towards the stone. Meanwhile, back with the rest of the group, Odo tries to yank Yonzy and Towa further back into the cave. [2] He makes no progress, so simply gives in. Duncan, in a mood to explore, licks his finger, and detects that the wind is coming from deeper in the cave. He notices Rhygor, whom is examining a strange glowing sphere.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 04:23:18 pm »

Does that Röck look familiar or fit any description to something I've heard in stories? If it's bad, try to prevent Rhygor from getting hurt- or worse!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »

Rhygor was intrigued by the unusual rock. He knew of some plants and bugs which could shine at night, but stone...

"Hey, Duncan. Do you think we could get this rock out?"

((Is it just sitting there or is it in the wall like the key?))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:39 pm »

"I think I feel better now." Towa says, with a lack of conviction. Slowly he steadies himself, and gets to walking on his own, so he needs no support.
"Where did the others go, Odo?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 04:41:15 pm »

Move further into the cave, where the others are. You found something?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:50:59 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 04:57:34 pm »

Duncan storms his brain, searching for anything about glowing stones. Nope. He knows nothing. Meanwhile, Rhygor looked deeper into the rock which he had picked up. He smelled something strange. Was that the scent of trees? It appeared to be wafting out of the stone. And the stone looked to be displaying some sort of image of an glade, but it was surrounded by rocks. The air seems to become cool and moist near the stone. Suddenly, in the stone, you see movement. This all starts to hurt your head, so you look away, back to the key, and as Duncan to help you. He's a bit busy just staring at the stone. Towa, meanwhile, walks further into the cave, to join the small huddle around the stone. He is followed by Yonzy, who also moves into the group, and inquires about what has been found.

((No need to rolls, they were all mundane enough tasks))

((And the key is sitting in a little crevice in the rock. You could easily pull it out. No force is needed to remove it. The stone, also, is just lying on a small pile of pebbles, able to be easily picked up.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 05:19:37 pm »

"I think I feel better now." Towa says, with a lack of conviction. Slowly he steadies himself, and gets to walking on his own, so he needs no support.
"Where did the others go, Odo?"

Odo looks around. There's a flash of panic on his face for a moment before he forcibly calms himself.

"I-I dunno. Why you asking me?"

Go find the others if I can't see them. Look around for shiny things further in the cave to help me find a happy place. Keep the others where I can see them all the time.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 06:10:47 pm »

Take the key, and whistle to get Odo and Towa to find their way.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2015, 06:19:47 pm »

((And the key is sitting in a little crevice in the rock. You could easily pull it out. No force is needed to remove it. The stone, also, is just lying on a small pile of pebbles, able to be easily picked up.))
((But he already took the key..?))

Rhygor, ignoring the situation with Towa, decided to move a slight bit ahead in the cave, to take a look.

He grabbed the key, and moved towards the stone.
Look around. Is there a way out or some other path that leads further into the cave?

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 06:57:07 pm »

"I don't know what's going on with this thing. I think we should hold on to it. Also, Towa, you should eat something."

Rhygor, only half-there, stared into the rock intently, once again.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 07:09:39 pm »

"You are the one who called this company together, and, therefor, are the leader of this group."
Follow the young lad.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 08:23:46 pm »

Odo takes a quick look around, then feels deep relief when he sees a small gathering of people nearby He walks up to see Rhygor, whom is busy staring into the stone. [5] Rhygor, who is only trying to discover the stone's secrets, suddenly feels his soul connecting with this stone. He understands that it is a magically enchanted stone which is linked to its twin. The stones act like semi-portals for each other, allowing some things through, like air, water, and temperature, while restricting other things, like most solids. The sister stone must be in some sort of glade or ravine, in a cold, moist forest. Then, your connection with the stone breaks. [6] It has left its mark. You feel somewhat empowered, like there is a new force inside you. Whilst Rhygor is having this deep spiritual voyage, Yonzy looks around for a path that leads further into the cave, or out altogether. He sees two such routes- A small crevice with a beam of sunlight coming through, and a tunnel covered with vines leading further downwards. The crevice is far too small for any human to realistically fit through. Meanwhile, Towa follows Odo to the rest of the group.

((Yay, our first magic-infused character! And it was all trying to figure out what the rock did! Also, can't wait to see if Rhygor turns into some form of Smeagle/Gollum with that rock... Preciousss....))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

Lead the way down the vine-covered path. Come on guys, if there are plants there must be water down here!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »

Pocketing the stone, Rhygor takes another look around the cave before following Yonzy.

"Okay. But we should probably move as a group. I don't want to get cut off. Please, Towa, eat something."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9