Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9195 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 06:58:37 pm »

Duncan, brushing off his pants, inquired if everyone was alright. He stuffed his hand in the pouch and felt around, and found [2] a pebble, which he removed from the bag and chuck away. He then threw the bag underhanded towards his friend Towa, who caught it. Odo boasted about how he avoided injury, showing off to his pals, then decided to become suddenly reclusive. He walked over to the fallen pile of rocks, and examined what had manifested in the pile. [4] He sees a small chunk of coppery looking ore, which he quickly pockets. He also grabs a few pebbles, and stows them away.
In the meantime, Towa, after retrieving his satchel of food, cares for his wounds, complaining loudly and swearing. [1] As he feels around his head, he feels a lot of blood. Pulling away his hand, it is pure red. He whimpers, beginning to feel the pain as the shock wears off. He sinks to the ground, obviously injured.

Spoiler: Odo's Inventory (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 07:23:51 pm »

Fear not, Towa. You'll be fine. Cmon, guys, let's try to yank these rocks away!

Grab a nicely sized rock and, using my legs, not back, as pa would nag me, to move it away.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 07:29:35 pm »

Grab a nicely sized rock and, using my legs, not back, as pa would nag me, to move it away.
[Don't change your action because of this, because it is OOC, but the wall of rocks will be immobile. It will autofail you and cause a few more rocks to fall from the ceiling, endangering you. The intention of the game is to make you go further into the cave. I have plans for it to eventually start being manmade, becoming more and more ancient the further down you go.]
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 07:31:04 pm »

((He's just doing the rational, in-character thing. I don't think anyone actually expects to escape that easily.))

Yonzy blinked as he regained consciousness, pushing a few small rocks off of his body and picking himself up off the floor.

Damn! Towa, are you all right? Tear some bits from my tunic and gently staunch the bleeding. Duncan, the rocks, are we buried? Rhygor if that doesn't work out perhaps there's a way out further ahead, we'll need your eyes to find a way out.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

[Don't change your action because of this, because it is OOC, but the wall of rocks will be immobile. It will autofail you and cause a few more rocks to fall from the ceiling, endangering you. The intention of the game is to make you go further into the cave. I have plans for it to eventually start being manmade, becoming more and more ancient the further down you go.]

I kinda expect that, but the reason why I did it is because I find it absolutely jarring in games and film when people get caved in and go "fuck it, today's already gone pretty bad, let's go deeper!" And make no effort to try to clear a way out. Besides, what's wrong with a little extra !!FUN!!?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 07:35:25 pm »

(Barely two pages in, and i have received a heavy injury. Hopefully its not bad enough that i will die from it.)
And whimper, Towa did. Not even from the pain. No. From the fear of death. He expecting to become something great. . .not die in a hole alone.
try not to subcome to the paralyzing psychological fear of death.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 07:39:16 pm »

By the way, how long will the wait be for turns? Will it be a certain amount of player choice, or time specific?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »

I'm going to post a turn when at least 3 players have their actions up, and a bit of time has passed. Since those requirements have been met, I'll post shortly. Hungry now. Time to go eat Capybara Stew, with minced Plump Helmets and Boiled Carp.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »

Duncan reassured Towa that he wasn't going to die, then encouraged the group to start yanking away at the rocks. He then flung himself onto the pile, yet to no avail. He managed to dislodge a single rock, causing a miniature rock slide. A small pebble hit Towa, causing him to groan. Another rock pinged off of Duncan, causing him to back away, grimacing. Yonzy sat up, gasping, and assessed the situation. Quickly realizing Towa's predicament, he tore off a bit of his mostly organic shirt, and tried to bandage Towa's head wound. [5] The bandage was tied all the way around the head, and though it soaked with blood, it held, stopping the bleeding for now. Towa, [6] completely refusing to believe he will die, leapt to his feet suddenly. A few seconds later, because of the blood loss and sudden movement, he felt light-headed, and woozy. This was just NOT his day...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 08:37:02 pm »

Use my arms to support Towa. Yonzy waved at Duncan. Leave it! It's no use. We need to find some other way to reach the surface. Look around, is there a way forward, deeper into the cave?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 09:31:24 pm »

Being dizzy, under support, and. . .
"I feel odd. I think my . . . *hurp*"
DONT VOMIT!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 10:33:55 pm »

Pull yourself together Towa!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 11:23:55 pm »

Shaking the stars from his eyes, Rhygor responds to Yonzy's instructions.

"I'll look a little deeper, I guess. Do we have any food? Towa should eat something, mother says food helps the blood grow back."

Carefully explore a little farther ahead.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 09:26:41 am »

"Rocks, lotsa rocks. Mirac'lous," Odo mutters, looking at Towa, who doesn't look so good.

Pull Towa together along with Yonzy, since Yonzy's not so big and Towa's big in a little kind of way.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 10:32:04 am »

I'm sorry, Ama, but your backstory was a bit too unbelievable. Children could not become rich in the medieval days. They were moreso property of their parents, so their parents would get all the money.
(Adam`s father is the rich merchant, Adam is just a spoiled rich kid still learning the skills needed to take over his fathers business. I will change my bio to make it a bit more obvious.
I am on the waitlist, right?)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9