Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 53179 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2015, 05:01:29 am »

Goddammit, Meph, what are we not paying you for? Back to the sweatshop, and better this be finished by the end of the week, or else.
Or else what?

I... I never thought that far.

Or else... I will ask politely?

Ha! Poke him with the soft cushions!!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2015, 05:18:06 am »

Goddammit, Meph, what are we not paying you for? Back to the sweatshop, and better this be finished by the end of the week, or else.
Or else what?

I have a strong urge to sig this. But i cannot because im on 3DS and that can't copypaste
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2015, 05:38:04 am »

Or else what?

What? You that kind of guy who asks a girl out, just to give the same answer when she says: "yes, where should we go?" :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2015, 05:55:31 am »

Hi guys. I love the mod and I am soooo happy masterwork is going to being updated to the new version! Keep up the awesome work!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2015, 09:16:40 am »

Or else what?

What? You that kind of guy who asks a girl out, just to give the same answer when she says: "yes, where should we go?" :P

I always thought that "or else" was an idiom for an inspecific threat of bad consequences.

Of course, there is a distinct possibility that I didn't get the joke. Those damned native speakers!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #365 on: March 12, 2015, 09:18:35 am »

Or else what?

I always thought that "or else" was an idiom for an inspecific threat of bad consequences.

Of course, there is a distinct possibility that I didn't get the joke. Those damned native speakers!
The joke was that Meph asked for the threat to be specified and no threat materialized. :)

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 12, 2015, 09:28:38 am »

Or else what?

The joke was that Meph asked for the threat to be specified and no threat materialized. :)

That was, well, possibly quite funny.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2015, 10:30:53 am »

I was hoping for a threat, so that I can mention my time as a sniper as a counter. ;)

Non-native speaker too by the way.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2015, 11:08:19 am »

Jaysus, I sure didn't expect a debate on humor here, but at least it didn't get ugly. I was actually afraid of being severely misinterpreted and end up banned. So that's a victory in my book.

The "or else" is an intentionally vague threat, so overused is rarely taken seriously.

I was actually expecting him to ask me to specify the threat and acted all clumsy and yadda yadda for comedic purpose. I would never threat the person who brought me back to Dwarf Fortress.

I was hoping for a threat, so that I can mention my time as a sniper as a counter. ;)

Are you a navy seal?

PS: I am also a non-native speaker.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:20:07 am by RodriguesSting »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2015, 12:55:46 pm »

Is that a rhetorical question? :P Navy seals are part of the navy, which is part of the US military, which would make me a US citizen, and by that a native English (simplified) speaker. Ergo I can't be a navy seal, since I'm not a native English speaker.

I was a member of the special security squadron of the German airforce. Now I just like to cycle. See my sig. ;)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2015, 12:59:53 pm »

Damn, someone needs to make "Meph: The Movie." Do you have cool shades? Have you ever walked away from an explosion without looking back at it? How's your supply of witty one liners?

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2015, 01:04:20 pm »

Being a German sniper? That's all cool and dandy, but dude, you created Dwarf Fortress Masterwork. Nothing you ever do will beat that.

PS: Check the link on "navy seal". It's a joke.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:07:10 pm by RodriguesSting »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2015, 01:25:17 pm »

Is that a rhetorical question? :P Navy seals are part of the navy, which is part of the US military, which would make me a US citizen, and by that a native English (simplified) speaker. Ergo I can't be a navy seal, since I'm not a native English speaker.

I was a member of the special security squadron of the German airforce. Now I just like to cycle. See my sig. ;)
Your logic is flawed. You can join the military if you immigrate to the US and still not be a native speaker.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »

Also, I really like how your cutting down a few of the things in the mod, and new playable races sounds great! I like it being as DF lore and game friendly as possible while still having the cool and new features. But I am sure I'll be able to do that using the GUI.  ;D   By the way, love the GUI option Meth! So when should I expect this? I know it's major work and I don't want to rush you its just I really want to use masterwork with the new DF update!   :)

PS thanks for all the hard work Meph!!
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

ShankCushion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2015, 08:47:15 pm »

Very much looking forward to seeing what the bug people look like. Seems like they're gonna be a hoot.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27