Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 53122 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:45 pm »

No we can't.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2015, 10:58:40 pm »

IIRC, that was one of the things you could turn on or off using the GUI. "Complex foods" or something like that.

Huh? Did I click it by mistake, or does it default to 'on'? It would be kinda funny for that to default to on while all the simplification things are also on by default.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2015, 11:34:20 pm »

IIRC, that was one of the things you could turn on or off using the GUI. "Complex foods" or something like that.

Huh? Did I click it by mistake, or does it default to 'on'? It would be kinda funny for that to default to on while all the simplification things are also on by default.
Well there was an option, but not anymore.

Horsekick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2015, 08:03:25 am »

I have an idea for a workshop for humans and dwarves, or really any race that uses farming extensively. The Cannery. It takes raw foodstuffs and a bar of metal and makes a can of food. It can't be eaten and is used exclusively as an export. Maybe adding a reaction to open the cans back up could be a way to also import foodstuffs like is done at the depot with crates.  I feel like this would fit in nice with the rest of the bulk trade goods

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2015, 09:35:26 am »

I have an idea for a workshop for humans and dwarves, or really any race that uses farming extensively. The Cannery. It takes raw foodstuffs and a bar of metal and makes a can of food. It can't be eaten and is used exclusively as an export. Maybe adding a reaction to open the cans back up could be a way to also import foodstuffs like is done at the depot with crates.  I feel like this would fit in nice with the rest of the bulk trade goods

It certainly can be done with the newly added GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT, but why should anyone bother with it? Cook is a must-have profession in any fortress, so I don't really see anyone wasting precious metal to avoid food rotting. Not to mention the prepared food barrels already reach extraordinary values, so there's no need to increase food value by canning it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2015, 09:38:55 am »

Canned food is not medieval, the metal would be too expensive. Aluminum was a rare metal at the time. It also makes no sense gameplay-wise, since prepared meals are already an excellent export good.

It would fit better in some industrial-timed mod or steampunk version with factories.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:57 am »

Hmm...what about smoking foods to preserve them? Like, hanging up pieces of meat to dry and turn into jerky? Jerky could be like prepared foods, but requiring less materials and providing less happiness. And it feel it's primative nature would mesh well with civs like the Kobolds.

Oh! And adding jerky could make the woodburner a lot more useful! :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:37:52 am by DragonDePlatino »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:26 am »

Since food in stockpiles never rots, that is not necessary. GavJ was working on an interesting mod in that direction, making meat from a tissue material that takes temp damage, self-destroying itself in a couple of days/weeks, if you dont smoke/preserve it.

It looked rather interesting and certainly a nice "harder food production" option. Buts its an addition that has to wait till I do the rest of the more normal stuff.

Woodburner is hardcoded, I cant add reactions to it at all. -.-
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2015, 09:22:44 pm »

Since food in stockpiles never rots, that is not necessary. GavJ was working on an interesting mod in that direction, making meat from a tissue material that takes temp damage, self-destroying itself in a couple of days/weeks, if you dont smoke/preserve it.

It looked rather interesting and certainly a nice "harder food production" option. Buts its an addition that has to wait till I do the rest of the more normal stuff.

Woodburner is hardcoded, I cant add reactions to it at all. -.-
Wonderful. Does self-destroying meat increase FPS?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2015, 03:25:53 am »

Not really.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:17 am »

Idea for goblins:

Vanilla goblins consider torture to be an acceptable hobby, so if possible I think they'd have a "partial butchery" where animals have limbs and/or organs cut off for the enjoyment of the worker and a small boost in meat/bone/leather stocks without sacrificing a breeder. It could use the new gelding skill, complete with the small chance of injuring or killing the worker for added fun.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2015, 06:05:57 am »

Idea for goblins:

Vanilla goblins consider torture to be an acceptable hobby, so if possible I think they'd have a "partial butchery" where animals have limbs and/or organs cut off for the enjoyment of the worker and a small boost in meat/bone/leather stocks without sacrificing a breeder. It could use the new gelding skill, complete with the small chance of injuring or killing the worker for added fun.
I'm not sure how this could be done.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

Hmm. Might actually be possible, but tbh seems more trouble than it's worth.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:02 am »

I'm not sure what thread this should go on, so I'll put it here but I was playing Sucubus fortress, and the humans decided to besiege me with a small army of War Prairie Dogs. As funny as it is, you might want to see to it that rodents are not war animals in the future.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2015, 12:22:21 am »

I'm not sure what thread this should go on, so I'll put it here but I was playing Sucubus fortress, and the humans decided to besiege me with a small army of War Prairie Dogs. As funny as it is, you might want to see to it that rodents are not war animals in the future.

Were they riding on them? I know Gnomes totally charge into battle riding foxes and such.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27