Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 53192 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2015, 06:49:19 pm »

Do you know, is there a new mechanic that replaces the old LIKES_FIGHTING token?  This was removed somewhere along the line in .40.x

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2015, 06:52:42 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Personality_trait

Should be somewhere in there.

EDIT: BECOME_A_LEGENDARY_WARRIOR this probably.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:55:35 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2015, 06:58:27 pm »

Yeah, VIOLENT looks like one that can actually be manipulated with personality tokens, maybe others too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2015, 07:05:22 pm »

That's a dream, not a personality trait. You can't edit those with the raws.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2015, 07:23:16 pm »

Its easier to make goblins tantrum more, but make all of them like fighting. No fighting, start tantrum spiral... spiral causes fighting, fighting improves mood, spiral stops after a few deaths.

Increasing ANGER and VIOLENT should do the trick.  I'd love to see the dynamics of a fort with these traits set to max :)

BRAVERY is also a fun personality trait, it affects a creature's "common sense" when deciding whether to attack or run away.  Tiny creatures with high BRAVERY will be willing to attack much larger creatures if they get in a fight.  CONFIDENCE seems to have a similar effect.  PERSEVERENCE might affect the likelihood of a creature running away once they are losing a fight, although I haven't tested it extensively.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2015, 08:56:59 pm »

Increasing ANGER and VIOLENT should do the trick.  I'd love to see the dynamics of a fort with these traits set to max :)

Seems a Succubi thing :D

I forgot to say that the most interesting mini-quest I did with MW DF was the "carp god" or whathever god was possessing my dwarves,
and finding the guy was so much fun.

I also suggested many times in other threads to Toady One to introduce a real quest system, to replace the actual justice system.

Having a quest system like "a problem happens" "you investigate" "you solve it that way" (if you do people is happy, if you don't they get sad),
would create infinite possibilities for modders like you, and still work for the justice system in the base-vanilla-game.

I guess it's on his feature list somewhere around .70, so I think there is so much time left :D
But as I wrote, if I were Toady One I would add this feature ASAP, because it would increase Mods and grow the community/interest in the game a lot.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:59:11 pm by Nokao »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2015, 01:55:25 am »

Seems a Succubi thing :D

I forgot to say that the most interesting mini-quest I did with MW DF was the "carp god" or whathever god was possessing my dwarves,
and finding the guy was so much fun.

I also suggested many times in other threads to Toady One to introduce a real quest system, to replace the actual justice system.

Having a quest system like "a problem happens" "you investigate" "you solve it that way" (if you do people is happy, if you don't they get sad),
would create infinite possibilities for modders like you, and still work for the justice system in the base-vanilla-game.

I guess it's on his feature list somewhere around .70, so I think there is so much time left :D
But as I wrote, if I were Toady One I would add this feature ASAP, because it would increase Mods and grow the community/interest in the game a lot.

Here's an idea:

A level 3 cavern creature (maybe a 'Deep One') inflicts a highly contagious, but benign and invisible, syndrome when encountered by a sapient creature.  This syndrome then spreads through your population.
This syndrome has a small chance (maybe 1%) of turning its victim into a 'cult leader'.  This effect has a long latency period before it starts doing stuff, giving it time to mix in with the population and for you to forget your encounter with the Deep One.
The cult leader spreads various minor problems around your fort over time.  Minor epidemics, rare mental illness, etc.  The interactions can go through walls, so simple solitary confinement won't be enough to prevent the problem (although they can have a distance limit, so keeping them far away from the populace might work.)
Exposing the cult leader requires you to dunk them in water.  This causes it to transform into a monster that you can kill, but only with great difficulty.

This would allow races besides dwarves to experience the fun of the Carp God, and also prevent early players from encountering it.

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2015, 05:52:31 am »

Its easier to make goblins tantrum more, but make all of them like fighting. No fighting, start tantrum spiral... spiral causes fighting, fighting improves mood, spiral stops after a few deaths.
I would love this.
Peace is set with a knife move.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2015, 06:04:38 am »

Succubi could corrupt a human or dwarven altar.  Humans reclaiming a warlock site could meddle in the dark arts, leading to all kinds of hidden fun.  Kobolds taking over a gnomish site could acquire a new totemic figure based on the machinery they find there.  I don't have a lot of good ideas.  It's just something to think about.

Truely a great idea especially if building upgrading is imported, although it may be an hassle to do it by yourself.

And yes I already made succubi easy to tantrum, even more since some reaction modify their personality for the worse.

hydragorgon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2015, 06:22:21 am »

I'm really looking forward to the new masterwork mod, because masterwork is by far my favorite way to play dwarf fortress.  I do a bit of modding myself, and I see how starting from fresh will make things alot easier.  I have a couple of suggestions I hope might add to the mod.

1.  Keep the dwarves simple until toady's updates slow down.  This means you won't have to back and change too much stuff to keep mastwork in line with the main development.  once updates slow down, you can begin focusing on dwarves again.  you could also have multiple cultures of dwarf, leaving one type pure vanilla.

2.  Create your own lore.  Masterwork was a bit of a lore clusterfuck, but I think it added alot of character.  I'm not a big fan of steampunk, but having it used against my luddite fortress could be pretty fun.  Also, I like running into beastmen and cthuloids a bit more than regular old elves and humans.

3.  Keep crafting systems simple.  A few well thought out workshops will do alot better than tons of specialty ones.  Rather than complicate basic crafting, focus on advanced stuff.  Also try not to add too many mundane materials, to help with fps.

good work meph and the whole masterwork team.  thanks for working so selflessly for our entertainment.

hydragorgon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2015, 11:46:02 am »

This makes me want to have a go at making a civ for this again. Not goblins though, I learned my lesson. I'll PM you Meph if/when I have full concise idea rather than a few scattered thoughts and enthusiasm.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »

This makes me want to have a go at making a civ for this again. Not goblins though, I learned my lesson. I'll PM you Meph if/when I have full concise idea rather than a few scattered thoughts and enthusiasm.
I'll write down a better plan hopefully later today about what I want to put in the mod. Maybe sometimes is of interest to you.

But you can be assured that it will be much easier and smaller to write, than before. I know why you and Putnam did have such trouble writing a race.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »

I'll write down a better plan hopefully later today about what I want to put in the mod. Maybe sometimes is of interest to you.

But you can be assured that it will be much easier and smaller to write, than before. I know why you and Putnam did have such trouble writing a race.
Yeah. First there was the fact that things were a bit too complex, and there was a lot of redundancy. Then I proceeded to lose the files. I have about two full months of free time, unlike last time, too.

I'll wait until you get this plan out before trying to create any concepts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2015, 03:37:37 am »

I'd like to see more done with Warlock pets, military, and the removal of some of the more overpowered endgame spells, namely the "kill everything" spell.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2015, 04:20:05 pm »

I have something I would to see in the vampire plugin and forgive me if it was already in the previous versions or if their is a better thread for this idea, but here I go.

The idea is simple and that blood barrels to be able to be drunk by vampires to satisfy their thirst, and possibly have it where it doesn't do a good as a job as drinking it fresh from the source or something like that.

Again sorry if this sounds like a dumb or needless question.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27