Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 25513 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day 3 - Cold Revenge
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2015, 01:31:58 pm »

Honestly, the only reason I can think of for no one to have been killed last night would be that the scum got screwed over by the Sprint format as much as I did.

Do you know if you get attacked but were healed, Scripten?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2015, 01:32:23 pm »

Sorry, better way of asking:

If you're attacked but healed, do you know?

Did this happen to you?
The circle is complete.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2015, 01:49:35 pm »

Nah, I didn't get anything, and I don't think you are informed about it, no.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2015, 02:21:23 pm »

Vote Tally
Dani - Supercharazad
UXLZ
Supercharazad - Dani, UXLZ, Scripten
Scripten

The crooks turn on Ben Powder, sweat pouring from his blue skin in grimy rivulets.

"Now, listen here..."

But they were done listening. They hauled him to the magistrates and the three of solemnly swore he was responsible for the murder of the Snaffler.

Next hanging day the three survivors of the gang watched as Powder swang. With that out of the way, the gang returned to the garret... to plan their next job.

Supercharazad was lynched. Supercharazad was a mafia goon.

Town Have Won!

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Scum Chat
Dead Chat
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:37:46 pm by notquitethere »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »

Yeah, it was pretty obvious from the end of D2 that we'd lost. Good game.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2015, 02:54:05 pm »

Sweetdiculous.

Good play by the scumteam. Supercharazad, you had some pretty good insights in the scumchat and I'm impressed. In most newbie games, I imagine this sort of planning would have worked masterfully, but we had a pretty exceptional show of townie play by the newer players. I'm legitimately impressed across the board. I'll write up some postmortems about everyone's play soon.

Oh, and if anyone has any questions they'd like to ask, feel free.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:58:42 pm by Scripten »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2015, 03:00:05 pm »

This was a nice example of town winning the game with solid hunting rather than relying on power roles.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2015, 03:01:36 pm »

Yes, this was quite fun, after all. I may have drawn a liiiittle too much attention on day one, but hopefully in games with more experienced people, that kind of show of activity is less uncommon.

Honestly, depending on how things played out, claiming Cop before I did could have won you the game. Of course, I made sure to make it clear that I, as the proposer of the mass-claim was most likely to be scum. Fortunately, I also had 100% logical and factual reasons for why it was in Town's best interests. It would have been a WiFoM situation. Unfortunately, you didn't counterclaim early enough and left it waaay too late. Ignoring your forgetfulness, or whatever it was, in the claiming post, you left if for a whole day before attempting to claim Cop. There's no way someone who was actually Town would do that.

Yeah, us power role players were totally useless. In my case, I literally did nothing. xD
Power role wise, that is.
Actually, so did Dani, come to think of it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:04:33 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2015, 03:11:31 pm »

@Scripten

Was the level of activity I showed throughout the game too high? It seems to have made it obvious to the mafia that I was a power role, but at the same time it also helped with the hunting and made them decide to try and use me as a red herring. Which didn't turn out well for them. 
The circle is complete.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2015, 05:22:34 pm »

No, my intention was to claim doctor, I just managed to write cop instead twice because of the earlier plan for me to claim cop before you could.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:50 pm »

Wow, this is the first Sprint Town have won. Congrats town.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2015, 08:22:25 pm »

Heehee, got away with faking my N1 action. Yes, I forgot to send one in.
I wouldn't say that we won the game without relying on power roles. I mean, the massclaim marked the start of our win, imo.
Solid play and planning by the scumteam. That was fun.
A creature of habit.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2015, 12:20:10 am »

@Scripten

Was the level of activity I showed throughout the game too high? It seems to have made it obvious to the mafia that I was a power role, but at the same time it also helped with the hunting and made them decide to try and use me as a red herring. Which didn't turn out well for them.

Nah, there's not really such a thing as being too active, as long as what you are contributing is meaningful and informative. I wouldn't even say that your activity was inordinately high, just that you started getting some WoTs midway through, but that was mitigated. And, frankly, WoTing isn't rare or even particularly anti-town, unless it's to excess. Many experienced players will WoT if the situation is ripe, including myself. Human nature, I suppose.

No, my intention was to claim doctor, I just managed to write cop instead twice because of the earlier plan for me to claim cop before you could.

This is actually a really clear example of a scumslip. While you were probably going to be lynched anyway, I'm glad you made this error so we could have a demonstration of an actual slip. Both UXLZ and Dani townslipped earlier, as well. (Which is actually harder to fake than scumslipping is to avoid, which makes recognizing townslips an incredibly useful tool.) That being said, if you had claimed earlier and made the same slip, it probably would have been less noticeable.

Heehee, got away with faking my N1 action. Yes, I forgot to send one in.
I wouldn't say that we won the game without relying on power roles. I mean, the massclaim marked the start of our win, imo.

The massclaim was a really fantastic idea. We probably would have lynched TheDarkStar anyway, but massclaiming set the scumteam up to out one another.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2015, 12:25:13 am »

Could you give us the examples of townslips you mentioned, in case we missed them?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2015, 12:41:16 am »

Could you give us the examples of townslips you mentioned, in case we missed them?

Yep. I'm currently working on a fairly long post with IC advice/reads on everyone's play this game, but here are the townslips.

For Dani, his reads list felt insanely town to me. It's harder to put into words than UXLZ's, but the earnestness I felt from the tone in this post in particular would be hard to replicate as scum.

As for a reads list, I'm not really one for compiling evidence, but
UXLZ & Scripten: Both town, after seeing their interaction yesterday. But if either one says otherwise, I'd have to concede to them because this read is only my gut feeling.
Charazad: His questions D1 felt weird, as if only tangential to the discussion. Only goes after the easily lynched. Stretches my actions D1 to paint me as a frustrated wagon-starter. Scum.
TheDarkStar: Scum by process of elimination, but I super doubted myself when he posted.

UXLZ's townslip was really straightforward and I said so in-game. If scum fakeclaimed cop, they would have no reason to try to pretend that they hadn't made an investigation. Actual scum would know exactly who town were and could get at least one townie on their side during fakeclaim, so pretending to have no results is sub-optimal. Again, townslips are not really reproducible, so this will probably never work for UXLZ or anyone who reads this game unless future towns forget about it and scum reading this game do.

Okay, my roleclaim: Cop. I don't have detail on anyone. Why? I was intending to investigate Hector, but everyone lynched him while I was away and since this is a Sprint game there was no night-phase for me to actually choose someone else instead.

Essentially what happened was this:

Me: Intend on investigating Hector, go to sleep.
Me: Wake up, Hector lynched, no investigation results.

Kinda got screwed a little by the game format.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13