Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 25524 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day 2 - Hard Words and Sharp Swords
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »

Well, the extend's going to kick in at this point since we have the minimum votes. Now's just time to wait for Scripten to talk about whatever it was that they wanted to talk about.

I didn't really have anything in particular to talk about. I just didn't want the day to end when there were a couple of players who haven't spoken up. Looking at the current vote count, it sure looks like the scumteam is currently voting Dani and town is voting TheDarkStar. I really think we've solved the game and the scumteam has hence given up, but I want to be sure and to give the town time to speak up.

Extensions are usually good for the town, though there are cases where they can be detrimental. One of the major town-killers is apathy, and extending too often can make town players take risks that they otherwise would not for the sake of generating content, which is a scum-sided situation. On the other hand, if discussion is ongoing constantly up to deadline, to the extent that people are still talking after deadline has been hit, then extending is almost always town-sided.

Both of you guys' most recent posts reek of town mentality, though, so I'm not worried even after the reread I just did.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2015, 08:14:29 pm »

I don't see what making this day any longer will do. The scum are about to kill me and the town will lose. One question, though:

Dani, why are you certain that Scripten is the vanilla townie?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2015, 08:30:37 pm »

Okay, my roleclaim: Cop. I don't have detail on anyone. Why? I was intending to investigate Hector, but everyone lynched him while I was away and since this is a Sprint game there was no night-phase for me to actually choose someone else instead.

Essentially what happened was this:

Me: Intend on investigating Hector, go to sleep.
Me: Wake up, Hector lynched, no investigation results.

Kinda got screwed a little by the game format.

This is believable and it makes absolutely no sense for scum to fake-claim this way.

UXLZ is town. Supercharazad is scum. Due to the way TheDarkStar defended him, TDS is further associated with his scumbuddy. We've solved the game.

Why wouldn't scum fake-claim this way? It's much easier for scum to claim that they missed inspecting than to make up an inspect target and correctly guess the role.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:05 pm »

...correctly guess the role.
The Cop is a Macho alignment-Cop (not a roleCop), according to the roles list in post #0.[/nitpick]
Dani, why are you certain that Scripten is the vanilla townie?
  • Because he said so.
  • Because UXLZ is the Cop, and I am the Doc.
  • Because I read both of them as town.
  • ...Because it's easier on my ego to be played by Scripten than to lose the game because I ignored the obvious.

In any case, you seem to be treating the person contesting your claim as someone whose thoughts are worth finding out. This kind of really cements my scumread on you.

~~~

...but I'll just mention that my role is actually in one of my earlier posts.
UXLZ, is this still a thing that you're going to show us?
A creature of habit.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2015, 10:47:28 pm »

TheDarkStar:

I don't see what making this day any longer will do. The scum are about to kill me and the town will lose. One question, though:

TDS, if you are town, I will have some severe words for you post-game about this post. AtE like this just cements my scum read on you. When you are town, you should be trying to find scum, not just trying to stop town from lynching you by being defeatist. That said, I doubt you are town.

Why wouldn't scum fake-claim this way? It's much easier for scum to claim that they missed inspecting than to make up an inspect target and correctly guess the role.

Like Dani said, the scum could fake claim any town player and be perfectly fine. This feels like a bit of a scumslip, as scum would be concerned about roles much more than alignment, while townies would be inclined to want to know players' alignments over their roles.

Just food for thought.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2015, 01:59:46 am »

What the hell is an AtE?

Also, @ Dani, sure. In this post

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DarkStar sounding the death knell for hector without actually giving a reason for thinking he's scum. The others can be acquitted because they were scumhunting and screwed up, but DarkStar just kind of put in the last second vote while 'whistling casually'. I have other reasons for suspecting DarkStar in a post on page 5 of this thread, I believe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Something just makes me feel uneasy about Scripten. Not nearly enough to make me vote for him over DarkStar though.

Dani/Charazad. Lack of activity. It's kind of a normal scum thing, to stay out of the limelight and all, but I can't make myself vote for either of them over DarkStar.
[/quote][/spoiler]

Open the spoiler with the quote from DarkStar and highlight the area underneath the bolded 'Dani and Deus Asmoth.'
It simply says 'I am the Cop'. =\
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2015, 02:00:21 am »

Oh blarghity blargh, the format sure got messed up. Still, just follow the instructions.
The circle is complete.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2015, 09:00:00 am »

What the hell is an AtE?

Sorry, AtE means Appeal to Emotion. It's a tactic sometimes used by scum to make town feel sympathetic toward them, possibly by showing a defeatist attitude or, in less savory cases, bringing real life events into the mix.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2015, 09:13:34 am »

*crumb*
Alright. I didn't know that using invisible text was within game rules. Going to highlight every post from now on.
A creature of habit.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day 3 - Cold Revenge
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2015, 02:20:49 pm »

Will Snaffler, scourge of the handkerchief-owning populace of the city, backed against the wall. One of the others had a sword to his neck.

"I.. I needed the money alright. Any of you would have done the same!"

His assailant sadly looked down, "That's the thing, Will, most of us would never betray a friend." With that, Will's gut was punctured by three swords simultaneously, and after a few more hacks he lay bleeding on the ground.

TheDarkStar was lynched. TheDarkStar was a mafia goon.

The living reposed for a night and awoke refreshed and ready to hunt out the final traitor.

No one died in the night.

Day 3 - Cold Revenge

The four were walking back from the river where they'd weighted Will's body down with pried-up cobblestones. By uneasy agreement they climbed to the top of the tenement once more, to hammer out who would be killed next. There in the chilly room they began to argue once more...

Vote Tally
Dani
UXLZ
Supercharazad
Scripten

Not voting: Dani, UXLZ, Supercharazad, Scripten

The day will end in 48 hours: Friday 13, 7.20pm GMT

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2015, 03:37:49 pm »

Targets for the night and results, everyone?

I'm assuming Supercharazad is the last scum, but I would like to make sure that TheDarkStar was not busing his buddy. Of course, we're all pretty much in the clear, but it doesn't hurt to have information out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2015, 04:57:46 pm »

Bah. I'll save further comments for after the game is over.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »

I... Didn't set anyone. I was expecting to be killed. That was a huuuge cock-up on my part. The first night could be excused but I really don't know why I didn't set anyone.

God damned Sprint format.

I still don't understand why *no one* was killed. Did they decide to target Scripten?
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »

Oh, while I'm here. SuperCharazad
The circle is complete.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2015, 08:48:32 pm »

I protected Scripten during the Night, since the Cop is unprotectable, and if Charazad was the one who died, his roleflip would make it obvious which one of you was the actual scum. This is still MyLo, though, and a lack of death could just as well be the result of scum sending in no Night kill. I'm actually surprised that UXLZ wasn't the NK target, unlike what he had predicted.

Charazad hasn't come in to claim yet. If there are any votes to shorten, I'm afraid I must oppose until he, at the least, tries to defend himself. Without information from him yesterDay, after the TheDarkStar wagon formed, I cannot be certain of anyone's alignment. That investigation could have been really helpful here.

But then again, Charazad logged in again about an hour after Scripten's post. Make of that what you will.

Since there are no hammers in this game, and I'm certain that my actions make this Day shorten-proof, I'm going to go and Vote Supercharazad .
A creature of habit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13