Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 25540 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day -1: The First Hanging
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2015, 01:54:34 pm »

Dani: You were very quiet during day 1 and never voted anyone by day's end. Why not?

TheDarkStar: Hi TDS. You're a fairly experienced player. Can you give me a run-down of everything you've contributed to this game? I'd like to see you give me an overview of your play thus far.

UXLZ & Supercharazad: Can you give a reads list on the other players? I'd like to know how you rank them from most scummy to most town.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day -1: The First Hanging
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »

Shit, now I'm not sure. I was pretty certain Hector was scum.

Dani -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheDarkStar - Joined the bandwagon on voting Hector just before the end of the day with shaky reasoning.

Scripten - I do not even know what to think, I haven't seen him act particularly scummy but this might just be me failing to notice things.

UXLZ - Much of the case against him seems to have been that he appeared to be Hector's scumbuddy. Would have been top of the list of Hector had been scum.

Supercharazad - I know I'm town, therefore I'm town and I don't suspect myself of being scum.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day 2 - Hard Words and Sharp Swords
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2015, 07:20:41 pm »

I think towards the end of this we will have to do a role call... It may be our only hope in this sort of situation. We still have 2 power roles and a single regular townie. The power roles can't be contested (and if they are, it's a terrible idea for the mafia), the single regular townie will know who the scum are, and we'll have to hope that they're capable of opening our eyes. Also, a 2/3 chance is better than a 2/5 chance.
Regardless, I do think that a role call, at some point, is necessary.

Also, it isn't technically LyLo because the Doctor can still save someone.

@Scripten

Spoiler: Most to Least Scummy (click to show/hide)

DarkStar sounding the death knell for hector without actually giving a reason for thinking he's scum. The others can be acquitted because they were scumhunting and screwed up, but DarkStar just kind of put in the last second vote while 'whistling casually'. I have other reasons for suspecting DarkStar in a post on page 5 of this thread, I believe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Something just makes me feel uneasy about Scripten. Not nearly enough to make me vote for him over DarkStar though.

Dani/Charazad. Lack of activity. It's kind of a normal scum thing, to stay out of the limelight and all, but I can't make myself vote for either of them over DarkStar.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2015, 07:21:26 pm »

Oh, probably shouldn't have put that in a spoiler. Currently I am voting for DarkStar, again.
The circle is complete.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2015, 09:19:32 pm »

Dani: You were very quiet during day 1 and never voted anyone by day's end. Why not?
After I unvoted TDS (since you explained the no-hammer mechanic), things got kind of convoluted between you and hector13 and UXLZ, with the back-and-forth of multiple talking points and everything. I wasn't planning to vote for anyone circa my last post, but I did forget that it was Day end, and fell asleep. Yes, I know, this makes me look even more noncommittal, but that is what I did yesterDay.

As for my constant flipping, that was
  • a serious vote on Scripten for facilitating hector13 vs. Deus Asmoth (although those questions Scripten asked might have been pro-town, I wouldn't know, and hector13 fell under suspicion anyway)
  • a semi-joke vote on UXLZ, because it was funny, but also because she was trying to discourage [town] from putting pressure on suspects.
  • a misinformed vote on TheDarkStar, because I thought this game had the 'hammer' mechanic
  • Then I unvoted and disappeared off the face of the earth.
*Holds both tongue and suspicions in check*

UXLZ: Why do you think counterclaiming would be a bad idea for the mafia? Both roles would be easy to fake, considering the information the mafia has.
A creature of habit.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2015, 09:57:14 pm »

Dani: Because it narrows down who they are, obviously. At the moment town's chances, even if lynching at random, are 2/5. Any sort of roleclaiming makes those odds better, it's simple math.
The circle is complete.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2015, 10:27:05 pm »

I was actually going to reply to hector, but I misread the time that the day ended and thought that there was a chance to question him. Just before I posted in reply, I noticed that the had day ended at 11:40 (my time) rather than ending in the future at 1 o'clock.

Anyway, where do you not see me giving a reason for why I found hector scummy?

hector13: Why are you pressure voting me to get me to post more when you say that you suspect both Deus and Scripten? Why did you unvote Scripten after explaining why you thought he was so scummy?

I pointed out that he was voting for reasons that he was not detailing. If he had been scum, I probably would have gone after Scripten because of the way that he was not voting for him despite a long list of reasons.

On role call: Your logic has a problem: The scum can claim power roles, forcing town to choose between them and the real one. On the other hand, the cop has an inspect result that can be used to clear a player or point out one of the scum.

You are right that it might not be LyLo if the doctor picks the right target, but it will be a 1/12 chance (because the doctor will have to correctly pick the vanilla townie out of four and the scum will have to pick the vanilla townie out of three).

Scripten:

My play hasn't consisted of much so far - the game started near a weekend which caused me to post less. I've questioned UXLZ and Hector, but not really anyone else yet.

Everyone who has not posted reads yet: Post them. Here's mine:

Dani: Null read mostly - Post more!

UXLZ: Town lean - Scumhunting and strategizing for the town, although I've had some doubts about him (especially an odd Day 1 post)

Supercharazard - Slight town lean - Not that active, but has done some scumhunting. Post more!

Scripten - Null read or slight scum lean - Puts effort but doesn't make strong cases. Also made the tiebreaker vote on hector. However, there is definitely some scumhunting going on.

PPE: Fakeclaiming for mafia is actually a good idea. If they don't, it's a 2/3 chance to hit lynch one of them. If one of them does, it's a 1/2 chance.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »

EBWOP: UXLZ should be marked as neutral read or slight scum lean.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2015, 11:00:38 pm »

PPE: Fakeclaiming for mafia is actually a good idea. If they don't, it's a 2/3 chance to hit lynch one of them. If one of them does, it's a 1/2 chance.

I really don't know what you're saying here. My math isn't incorrect, I know that for sure, so I can't see how a role call could possibly hurt our chances. It's currently a LyLo situation so we really need all the advantages we can get.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2015, 11:04:29 pm »

On role call: Your logic has a problem: The scum can claim power roles, forcing town to choose between them and the real one. On the other hand, the cop has an inspect result that can be used to clear a player or point out one of the scum.

That's only if you're willing to believe the cop is who they say they are. Also, as I've been saying, even if the scum claim power roles then it still increases town's chances of hitting the right one. If it misses it's game over anyway, even without the role claiming.

Just to be certain though, do you support roleclaiming, or reject it?
The circle is complete.

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2015, 12:45:06 am »

I really don't know what you're saying here. My math isn't incorrect, I know that for sure, so I can't see how a role call could possibly hurt our chances. It's currently a LyLo situation so we really need all the advantages we can get.
Okay, I see where you're coming from now, and the math works out so that, optimally, at least one of the mafia has to fakeclaim. UXLZ, TDS isn't saying that massclaim is a bad idea: he's just saying that scum has to fakeclaim to maximize their chance of winning.

As for a reads list, I'm not really one for compiling evidence, but
UXLZ & Scripten: Both town, after seeing their interaction yesterday. But if either one says otherwise, I'd have to concede to them because this read is only my gut feeling.
Charazad: His questions D1 felt weird, as if only tangential to the discussion. Only goes after the easily lynched. Stretches my actions D1 to paint me as a frustrated wagon-starter. Scum.
TheDarkStar: Scum by process of elimination, but I super doubted myself when he posted.

In any case, more information is required for a proper decision. I support the idea of massclaiming toDay.
A creature of habit.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2015, 01:27:22 am »

We'll wait for a few more people to input before actually starting the massclaim, but I'll just mention that my role is actually in one of my earlier posts. Unfortunately, it's totally useless information since I was the one who proposed the massclaim in the first place and could have easily used this to set the person who actually has that role up. (If I was scum, that is.) Basically, if one of the scum decides to claim my role it will be my word vs. theirs.
The circle is complete.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2015, 10:49:42 am »

"Who are you really?" asked one of them.

"You know who I am!"

"That's exactly what someone who I didn't know would say!"

Vote Tally
Dani - [1] Supercharazad
UXLZ
Supercharazad
Scripten
TheDarkStar - [1] UXLZ

Not voting: Scripten, TheDarkStar, Dani

Day ends Tuesday 13, 6pm GMT in about 26 hours

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2015, 01:20:25 pm »

Charazad: His questions D1 felt weird, as if only tangential to the discussion. Only goes after the easily lynched. Stretches my actions D1 to paint me as a frustrated wagon-starter. Scum.

If I'm scum, why the fuck aren't you voting for me? As far as I can see, you're afraid that I'll call that out as an OMGUS. Furthermore, this seems to be aimed at getting somebody else to vote for me so that you can more easily jump on their arguments, as you did in D1.
I should also point out that I went after exactly one person on day one, and was the first person to either suspect or vote for them once they started to appear to be scum. My read was wrong, but nevertheless it invalidates your argument that I only go after the easily lynched.
This supports my claim that your aim with this post is to fabricate arguments against me such that if others make arguments for you, you can jump on their bandwagon easily whilst claiming that you suspected me from the start.

At this point, I am fairly certain that you are scum.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2015, 04:10:56 pm »

UXLZ:

I think towards the end of this we will have to do a role call... It may be our only hope in this sort of situation. We still have 2 power roles and a single regular townie. The power roles can't be contested (and if they are, it's a terrible idea for the mafia), the single regular townie will know who the scum are, and we'll have to hope that they're capable of opening our eyes. Also, a 2/3 chance is better than a 2/5 chance.
Regardless, I do think that a role call, at some point, is necessary.

Also, it isn't technically LyLo because the Doctor can still save someone.

Since we have an open setup, a mass-call isn't a bad idea, especially since the cop will have a result on someone, assuming they did not investigate Deus Asmoth. I would prefer that we do not treat today as anything but LyLo, though, because, as pointed out, the odds are against us at that point. However,

Something just makes me feel uneasy about Scripten. Not nearly enough to make me vote for him over DarkStar though.

Dani/Charazad. Lack of activity. It's kind of a normal scum thing, to stay out of the limelight and all, but I can't make myself vote for either of them over DarkStar.

So you find a gut feeling more indicative of scum than actual evidence with scum-sided intent? This worries me, especially given my read on your slot.

TheDarkStar:

I pointed out that he was voting for reasons that he was not detailing. If he had been scum, I probably would have gone after Scripten because of the way that he was not voting for him despite a long list of reasons.

Mod error. I was voting for hector13.

My play hasn't consisted of much so far - the game started near a weekend which caused me to post less. I've questioned UXLZ and Hector, but not really anyone else yet.

This is disappointing. We're in LyLo and the game ends tomorrow if we don't catch scum. Right now, the majority of your content in this game is speculation about the setup and debating the semantics of LyLo. I don't care much for that. I'm also rather bothered by your play due to the game this post is in. You're playing the same way as you were in that game in which you were scum.

You've done nothing but sheep me and throw some toothless gak at people. Oh, and setup/stats speculation, but that's just fluff.

Everyone who has not posted reads yet: Post them. Here's mine:

Dani: Null read mostly - Post more!

UXLZ: Town lean - Scumhunting and strategizing for the town, although I've had some doubts about him (especially an odd Day 1 post)

Supercharazard - Slight town lean - Not that active, but has done some scumhunting. Post more!

Scripten - Null read or slight scum lean - Puts effort but doesn't make strong cases. Also made the tiebreaker vote on hector. However, there is definitely some scumhunting going on.

This is pretty lackluster. You've referenced only a single actual event; the rest of your supporting cases are generic enough that you could reorder them onto other players and nobody would notice. So you have exactly two actual reads, and your scumread on me is... tenuous at best. You're saying that I don't make strong cases. Prove it.

You're skating by this game, TheDarkStar and you're going to have to do better than that.

UXLZ 2.0:

We'll wait for a few more people to input before actually starting the massclaim, but I'll just mention that my role is actually in one of my earlier posts. Unfortunately, it's totally useless information since I was the one who proposed the massclaim in the first place and could have easily used this to set the person who actually has that role up. (If I was scum, that is.) Basically, if one of the scum decides to claim my role it will be my word vs. theirs.

I'll go first.

I'm the vanilla townie. I will expect one scum to counterclaim me and one to counterclaim the doctor. It would make the most sense. However, I would discourage talking about this, lest we give the scum advice on what to do from here on out.

Reads List
~Most Town~
Dani - Town. His activity levels are low, but his reads do not look fabricated. He has not scumhunted much, but I see this coming more from a newbie perspective than a scum perspective. His voting activities are actually more likely to call attention to him than to make him skim under the radar and, especially given that he is a town PR.
UXLZ - More likely town. While I was suspicious of him before, with hector13 flipping town, I'm inclined to see UXLZ's interactions coming from a townie mindset. I may be wrong here, though.
Supercharazad - More likely scum. Lurking throughout the game, defensive, and very little actual scumhunting. Also drops a few mild scumtells during later D1, notably staying out of the way and egging on other arguments which were, apparently, town vs. town. He may also be newbie town, but I do not see townie earnestness in his posts.
TheDarkStar - Scum. I've detailed why above.
~Most Scum~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13