Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 25518 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM Sprint 3: Thick as Thieves - Day -1: The First Hanging
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 03:42:26 pm »

I didn't have any reason whatsover to pick you over anybody else.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »

Scripten: I'm planning on keeping calm for a start. Emotion seems to be a good way of getting myself killed.

UXLZ: How do you think having less time to choose their targets will affect the scum team?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 05:08:01 pm »

Are you worried at all about being killed, Deus?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 05:11:48 pm »

Not particularly. Why do you ask?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 05:16:11 pm »

Just curious.

Are there any players you might be worrying about right now? If so, why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 06:00:40 pm »

It's bit early for me to be worrying about anyone yet I think. I like to see a bit more from people before I start trying to murder them.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 06:16:51 pm »

This interactions reads as fake.

hector13: Why did you ask Deus is he was worried about being killed? What use would you get out of answers to that question?

Deus Asmoth:
It's bit early for me to be worrying about anyone yet I think. I like to see a bit more from people before I start trying to murder them.

This bothers me. Can you guess why this bothers me?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:45 pm »

The only players who should be worried about being killed are scum.

While it's not pleasant to be killed as town, it's less likely to mean you'll lose the game. The other town players can also read your previous posts as confirmed town, and adapt their future play accordingly. It's halfway to a loss as scum.

Like I said previously, this is my first game. I'm not entirely certain how to go about questioning people at this point in the game, so it just comes across as... feeble poking, really.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »

Deus Asmoth:

Presumably you think I'm referring to a night kill rather than attempting to lynch someone. The obvious flaw in that is that the scum team don't need to see any action from anyone before killing them because they already know who their allies are, while townies have to try to figure out someone's motivations before they go for the throat since otherwise they're a lot more likely to kill town than scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 06:31:34 pm »

Deus Asmoth:

Presumably you think I'm referring to a night kill rather than attempting to lynch someone. The obvious flaw in that is that the scum team don't need to see any action from anyone before killing them because they already know who their allies are, while townies have to try to figure out someone's motivations before they go for the throat since otherwise they're a lot more likely to kill town than scum.

They do, however, benefit from seeing the interactions that the town players have with each other.

The job of scum is to sow confusion and doubt in the town, so knowing which players to night kill in order to increase that likelihood is important to them.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:50 pm »

Hector why would you say that? If a townie is lynched then they instantly become useless, and the scum is one step closer to winning. Do you not care that the scum would only gain from a townie death?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 06:41:04 pm »

Hector why would you say that? If a townie is lynched then they instantly become useless, and the scum is one step closer to winning. Do you not care that the scum would only gain from a townie death?

They don't become useless.

It does mean the scum become one step closer to a win, and that there's one less townie to push with, but we can then look at the person's posts as a confirmed townie, and use whatever suspicions they had of others to guide our future actions.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 06:44:55 pm »

They can no longer contribute to the discussion, and therefore are useless to any further investigation that the town will perform.
Besides that, why are you trying to justify lynching a townie in the first place? There is no good whatsoever that can come to the town from something like that, so are you trying to get people to be less careful about who they vote so that you can more easily have a townie lynched?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 06:53:38 pm »

They can no longer contribute to the discussion, and therefore are useless to any further investigation that the town will perform.
Besides that, why are you trying to justify lynching a townie in the first place? There is no good whatsoever that can come to the town from something like that, so are you trying to get people to be less careful about who they vote so that you can more easily have a townie lynched?

There was no justification for a town lynch in that post. I said it wasn't as bad a situation as you say it is.

It's not an ideal situation, and they can't bring any new information to light, being dead and all, but their previous posts can be looked at because we know they were town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 07:12:55 pm »

The thieves start clamouring and point fingers, while some of their number stand back, preparing to take their move.

Vote Tally
Deus Asmoth - [1] hector13
Dani
UXLZ - [1] Deus Asmoth
Supercharazad
hector13 - [1] Supercharazad
Scripten
TheDarkStar - [1] Scripten

Not voting: Dani, UXLZ, TheDarkStar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13