Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crude products  (Read 3006 times)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Crude products
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 06:20:30 pm »

I would like to see more minor crime in non tantrum times, and craftsdwarves attacking those who ruined their masterworks would be a good way of adding that. Grudges should also sometimes turn to fights if the dwarves are aggressive and kept together too long.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:40:08 pm »

I think poor quality items would be nice to see, but also nerfs in experience gains.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Waparius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 02:30:54 am »

Quality should be partly dependant on the quality of a dwarf's tools and resources. What I'd really like is to see crude items brought in with room-based workshops, tools and multi-step crafting - ie, you order a wooden chair, and the carpenter grabs a log from the stockpile, takes it to a sawhorse to cut it up, takes it to a workbench to sand and assemble it, then varnishes it and leaves it out to dry. You can just designate a carpenter's shop with nothing but an axe, but the carpenter will be producing crude products if you do.

Enchiridion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 03:34:20 am »

this has been suggested before and in one df talk toady mentioned how novice carpenters and the like should not be able to make good products and should have things like wobbly tables etc.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 03:56:48 am »

I like the idea of a tinker's shop... but I was thinking about removing decorations.  On one hand, we have virtually no control over what gets decorated.  On the other, metal starved forts have to rely on imports that are often decorated.  Its such a shame to just toss that *<<*large iron breastplate*>>* into the smelter with the bands of gold intact.  Perhaps these could only be used to decorate other objects, or at least be saved as fractions like smelting does. 

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:31 am »

No need to remove decorations. There have been plenty of suggestions to give players the choice of what to engrave, what statues to make and what decorations and so on, either by a theme(war, food, social events and so on) or a specific thing.

And I expect trade will be better in the future and you'll be able to order large amounts of things you need such as metal bars, stone, sand, clay and so on so that you don't have to rely on melting everything.

Danthebur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 03:31:03 pm »

I think that it would be nice to see it as an extension of the normal quality system so like a useless and tattered ect. that poor craftsmen make or unlucky ones. useless could be disassembled for a modicum of the used parts and would not function.
Pages: 1 [2]